Monday, February 7, 2022

Making it Monday

Last week was Texas in February. Let's just leave it and that and say I'm thankful it was four days. There was a high level of reading in bed until ten am, cuddling under blankets, doing all social and church stuff online. and waiting until the ice melted.

Fear not, today it's sixty and at least for the next ten days, life will be as it should be!! 
   
Yes. The shawl is finished! The to block and share.





Have 3 eight by ten canvasses. Trying my version of the above with much different colors for my wall.








Playing with Alice quilt scraps(see below)


Starting on Alice in Wonderland quilts


 

Trying to rescue and old wreath. Adding patchwork valentines and red paint. We'll see!

12 comments:

  1. Love that fabric. Ice days are You spent ice days right where you belonged. Glad it didn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking about putting red hearts on the green wreath I had for Christmas. Tommy likes the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Alice quilt should be stunning!
    I kind of enjoy some of the days where the weather dictates staying in and reading! Under covers is even better. It is supposed to be 57 today, so I am pretty sure something outdoors is calling me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I've bern sewing but it's now 68 so I'm headed for a walk and some patio cleanup.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to seeing how your paintings and quilt turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so admire your artistic talent! I'm still enjoying being stuck inside ... and now they are removing mask mandates?? Finally making appointments for March. Thanks for blogging ... with photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do rhe best job today from my phone but at least I got em in.

      Delete
    2. The Alice in Wonderland scraps are lovely. Best to stay in when the weather is bad, you made the right choice.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. The knitting is beautiful. Will you need to use blocking wires? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tomorrow. Last shawl I did I used a folded bath sheet and dressmaker pins and some weights. This time we'll see.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!