Although I have not mentioned it THAT often here, our little white dog has had serious chronic health issues for some time. Heart problems which led to breathing problems, Doggie Crohn's disease-she was on heart meds, Lasix, and pain meds. It had been painful to listen to the breathing for awhile, but she was still barking at the mail man, eating her food and still following her mommy around. Her mom had pretty much decided that she would know when she would know And she was right. In the past two days she had multiple seizures, where she literally "fell out" and was splayed on the ground, in between times of just lying around. It was time. So this morning I and our dog (who I am sure is totally confused-or maybe not, as long as she's been ill), said goodbye to her for the last time. There is good news in this sad story in that my sister has been off work and able to spend as much time as she needed and wanted with her pup. And also, because of Covid, dog and owner spent their last minutes together outside in a courtyard in the grass instead of inside an office. I'm sure another dog will enter our (their) lives, but it will probably take awhile.
Meanwhile, Five Friday Things (written mainly before our sadness)
1. I'm feeling just a bit out of sorts or at loose ends. I had kinda planned on keeping my machine out and sewing table working and move around it, but that didn't work too well. At the moment said machine is sitting in on the "this stuff will go in my car" shelf in my bedroom and all the sewing stuff has been left out. Obviously I have knitting to keep me busy during the down times, and I even left out some cards and materials to stamp with, but sewing is my jam. And I do at least a little bit almost every day. Plus, it's fall and I have all these plans for projects. Maybe if I get fully packed early I'll pull the darned thing out. Not all the boxes are sealed, or ready to be sealed.
2. I've given up on the getting the freezer thawed before I go plans. Certain other people (and me on occasion), keep buying food instead of using the darned thing up. I'll leave that for them to deal with once I am gone and do the best I can meanwhile to pull out stuff I bought and use it. Like the thin cut pork chops, stew meat and chicken thighs. Tonight I suspect our collective mood is going to result in frozen Lasagna or Red Robin Burgers.
3. I am tired of putting things on the corner and giving a call out to Next Door or dragging things to the car, so I arranged for a pickp from the veterans on the 9th. Meanwhile one part of my bedroom will be donation bag/box express, but I can live with that just to haul it out on one day.
4. I live in a battleground state, epecially at the Senate level. We are one of those "Likely to go blue and turn the senate" elections. And the reason I'm not moving October first is solely so that I can vote somewhere my vote will count as opposed to somewhere it won't. But the ads my friends, the ads. Last night we watched Jeopardy and yes, we do usually record it. There must have been twelve ads easily for each candidate in each commercial. Never mind the ads on my youtube workouts, spamming all of my social media and everywhere else. I usually record most things but from now on if it ain't DVR'd I am done. And that includes Jeopardy and Brother vs Brother!
5. I have two books ready at the same time. Now I get to decide whether to jump into the Pillars of the Earth prequel (something that starts at 900 CE is my speed), or the new Catherine Counter FBI novel. My current alternating TV list are the Sommerdahl Murders on Acorn, and Away on Netflix. I really need to start watching The Boys but I'm waiting till the whole season is there on Amazon so I can just sit and watch. And I'm still working on my music lists and adding to it starting with this list for more ideas. Yes, I am into serious Rock and Blues music. More than most of my readers, it seems!