Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Craft Day

Today was one of those days when I threw plans to the wind. Of course, being retired, said plans included things like exercising, reading my new book, sewing a little, and thinking about moving my plants to the patio since it’s March.


But my daughter called out for craft day, and so off I drove. Seems like it was activity day for all, cause when I got there SIL was working on his 1351 (you read that right) LEGO Millenium Falcon Model, which, when finished will be 5x17z12 inches and have rotating levels and turrets.


Anway, today we (she) played more with her new Cricut Maker. First we downloaded a flower pattern to print out on card stock, then we (I) rolled all the pieces into flowers and hot glued them together. Next I took this dollar store bunny form and filled it with the flowers (after bluing card stock on the back for support.  Three hours later, a new piece of Easter decor is on my wall!



Next I watched from afar and with awe, as she took a couple dollar store bunnies and printed out Eastery sayings on vinyl and pressed them on. These will be on my book/picture shelf to add to my spring ambiance.




Last, but not least, a little role reversal!  Instead of the mother decluttering, today it was the offspring fully in motion. Mom came home with a new state of the art multi temperature glue gun, multiple bags leather and otherwise with pockets, different pattern china cups whose saucers were broken and a few other goodies. Oh, and a calendar whiteboard.


The glue gun was one of those things where a part was missing and they sent her a new one and told her to keep the old one. The purses, well I have yet to refuse the gift of a purse in 71 years (there’s this story about a coach store across from a Krispy Kreme that I found while golfing in Myrtle Beach one time), and the cups will somehow be used when we have grown up summer bible school at church.


In other news, I have tickets to Lake Tahoe so I guess it’s time to request the Xanax or some Valium. Tickets at twice the price I would have paid a few years back, when I could haul myself through LAX at a clip. These tickets are one way, and include a ride on or a chair. And the return direct flight leaves at six am from Reno. This is true love, people, I tell you.


Now if I could just find an Airbnb anywhere in Tahoe that did not have multiple floors and flights of steps, life could move forward.


I had a Whataburger and fries on the way home. No fruits or vegetables, but no cooking, either.


11 comments:

  1. My daughter and I purchased a cricut this year too, and she's learned a few things. I've yet to try it - thought it lives at her house and I'm not there all that often. Love the flower filled bunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crafting gadgets keep coming out to tempt us all, don't they. I've never heard of a Cricut so I'm off to google them.

      Delete
    2. I intend to leave the crucit to her, but it's nice to know she can cut me templates and the flowers were a blast.

      Delete
  2. I thought I left a comment but it didn't show up so feel free to delete this 'test comment' if it did or does. I love your bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to publish the responses so it takes a few. I got it!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun was had. I need to try my hand at doing flowers with mine. A couple of shadow boxes with the flowers would be great silent auction items.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother/daughter time...how wonderful. Your projects look so very nice. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We like to do stuff together when our schedules allow.

      Delete
  5. What a fun way to spend time with your daughter. Bonus that you got to take home cute Easter decorations as well. I bought a Cricut about a year ago and really enjoy playing with it. The options are endless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is finding that. My mediums tend to be fabric and paint but I enjoy seeing what she does.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!