Monday, August 17, 2020

Changes in Plans, New Furniture, Life Goes On...

On Sunday my daughter and son in law went to the furniture store and shared pictures with me while I kept in mind the size of the apartment and other important facts. To say I changed my mind drastically would be an understandment.  
You gotta love the color labeling people. This is called Brick, the soft green is called Basil and the dark blue Midnight. And no, the accessories and decor that go with said couch are not my style!! I'll be going more bright southwest than midcentury modern. The chaise can be put at either end.


Yes, instead of comfortabe blue leather, I'm going with what my sister calls Miami Vice Coral and the webpage calls brick.  In microfiber, also obviously comfortabe. I could not pass up the chaise and can always and probably will add a second chair and matching ottoman (Instead of a coffee table.....I'll need a large flat basket or something to put on top). Good thing I decided, furniture orders can be from two to four months out thanks to Covid, I tell ya!

DD also sent me a picture of this table and chairs that have been on her local market place for awhile at a couple hundred dollars. I'm wondering what kind of offer is appropriate (I've spent some time wavering as to whether a normal sized table or a bistro sized table works better and decided to go for the former). 
Not a great pic, but taken from FB marketlace


I somehow have to slowly start designating one room as the "pack" pile and the other room as the not to pack pile (that will either go out or be packed in the second spring shipment) Awkward at best, since I'm still quilting and drawing in one room and TV watching and sleeping and such in the other, but I'll get there. I'm going to go through the china cabinet and garage and so on and tell the other folks what I will want to ship to myself in the spring when the move out, and hopefully they can wrap that at leisure and put it in what is now my office and won't be being used. If I have time to box up that stuff, obviously I will!

Meanwhile on the at home front, on the past two days I've gone out among the people in order to get my oil changed and tires rotated (and propery inflated), and have ordered in. I'm slowly loosening a bit. Son misunderstood and asked for the "family" bucket of KFC. Which came with five (count em five) large sides, a huge box of biscuits and of course chicken. Piles of chicken. We've had it two nights and will probably be eating it tomorrow, with sides left over for the brats the following day.  

The depths of my refrigeraor and all the takeout containers for just three people


Tomorrow I'm actually going to drive to Walmart rather than get delivery and get pick up.  On Wednesday though, I'm going to go for a much longer drive. Where to, I don't know (and wildfires here severely limit the options)  but I need to get back my road trip cross country driving mojo. I may even drive through Starbucks when I'm out. I so wish we had drive through Panera here.

A friend asked me if I felt like getting together with some of the gals group before I leave. Not interested in a restaurant, even on the patio, but if we can find a nice park to social distance at...that would be good. 

I think the reason I put this aside was that I was unsure about the white squares, but I'm committed now!


On the keeping myself busy front, I pulled out a fall quilt from last year that was unfinished and started getting ready to sandwich and quilt a pattern all over, and I've pretty much decided that I"m knitting a bulky yarn blanket for the son (in Indy Colts colors), the brother and sister in law (in blue and claret and cream) and sister (imagine Christmas colors also with gold or else something like below).  I'll do more, and one for myself as I have time (thinking about what colors to put with that brick couch). I also started slowly documenting as many of my quilts as I have photos of on Instagram. One a week for now, and am shooting myself for not photographing everything from the beginning
.  
NOT a Barb original, just using the Lion Brand Website for inspiration on patterns

I've been taking sleep gummies and  decided to skip a night and see how I do. I'll let ya know!

Oh, and my daughter has become my new accountability partner. 60 minutes a day of exercise (aerobics, walking, weights, seated pilates, balance exercises, whatever), and alternating real.coke with the fake in the mornings. We will see how that goes as well.

21 comments:

  1. The name, Brick, does nothing for me, but I like the color. The table and chairs look very nice. I think it would be easier for me to take a week to pack than stretch it out so, but I understand you are planning ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont deal well with last minute chaos and the other people will be moving into these rooms. I will start packing 1 October for a 15 October move, meanwhile I am organizing.

      Delete
  2. I would never have thought about the Brick color for a living room set but you know? It's a perfect color for Texas. Now, you have me thinking about really changing my color scheme the next time I purchase a new living room set. I seldom seem to think outside the box but you give me new idea possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna lie. It's gonna be fun to ever so slowly refurbish in a brand new color scheme and style!

      Delete
  3. Our living room couch ad love seat has the chaise option. I can use on either side, and on either the couch or loveseat depending on how we set things up. I use onthe loveseat becasue of the room set up now. It is 13 years old now, and still comfortable. Got to love the unique colore schemes and names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once I get it set up I will keep the chaise in one place but knowing that I can move it for company or a new seating arrangement is nice, glad you like yours.

      Delete
  4. I really like the color of the furniture set! We have two teens, so opt for things that hide marks. :-)

    love your goal of 60 minutes a day of exercise! The pandemic has helped me in that regard - I do consistently work out. Now I just need to drop a snack & hopefully get back to a slow & steady weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son in law just found a sharpie pen (belonging to you know who) in his beige recliner couch. They are getting new off white furniture as well, and I will not be allowed to use art or journaling stuff on their couch. So it's not just teens. I just figure the micro fiber is washable. I will be the first to admit that the sixty minutes will not always be aerobic. I have forty minute posture and balance and seated programs. But I am working on it.

      Delete
  5. I like the lines of the 'Brick' set but could never live with a color that bright for longer than a couple of months. I'm trying to resist picking out furniture. I think I want to live in the new place first.

    I'm with you on your packing plans...and not liking the last minute chaos. If something unexpected comes up you don't have to panic knowing half the work is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that some people need more netral colors. remember, I am the girl with the turqoise living room walls and bright yelllow in my master bedroom. I won't be touching the cream walls or the matching cream carpet in this case!

      Delete
  6. What great looking furniture. I can tell you are getting excited about moving and agree with getting organized well in advance since you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I move between being excited, being jervou and kowing that I will miss son and sister. But changes are due-overdue actually

      Delete
  7. I'm not sure how they arrived at Brick for that color but I like the furniture. I've never had a chaise but if/when I buy new furniture I'd definitely like one. The dining room furniture is very nice. Your DD is really looking out for you.

    I like the fall quilt, it's very pretty! Have fun with the knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like the chase will be much more what my legs need as I cal always put a pillow up under the one lousy lower leg and adding an ottoman will help alot. I hesitated on the fall quilt because I wasn't sure if I should have left out the white squares, but now I am fully into it.

      Delete
  8. With so much happening in your life, I applaud your efforts to gradually get back out into the world. Recently, my husband and I are feeling some freedom to do the same. We're very careful to always mask up when in public and try to distance ourselves, too. After so many months of mostly avoiding the outside world, it is lovely to feel even a little bit "normal." Love the color of the furniture!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It occurs to me I would really like to ho into my small local quilt store soon, since they are very strict animating and that would be a huge step for me...

      Delete
  9. I LOVE the new furniture choice and personally like it much, much better than the blue set you were looking at. Also like the table and chairs! Fun to follow your adventures, I've been reading your blog since well before you moved from Texas to Colorado! Thank you for blogging, I enjoy reading your blog (obviously!). I am under 4 months out from retirement myself and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love your retirement I am sure. The tables are not me, the chair is part of the set!!!!

      Delete
  10. Ooooh I like that colour and the table and chairs are lovely if you decide to go for them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably do tables differently less midcentry modernish, and I am geting the chair with the sectional!

      Delete
  11. I  was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2015. A precious friend told me about Dr  Sunday herbal center the home of wellness.She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 5 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to get cured.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing dr.sunday herbal center made me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes ,Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drsundayherbalcenter@gmail.com...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!