Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Almost Done

So for the last couple/few days, there has bee less creativity and free-spiritedness and more things of the organizational variety.  Yes, that's right, I spent time on organizing. Me. 




It was for a good cause. My dresser donation fed into my desire to orgainize said small creative/office room as much as I could.  Unfortunately, the greatst goals were not realized.  Partly because of cost and stores still being closed, but mainly because said efforts  really didn't make sense knowing that I will be gone before Christmas (hopefully much sooner)  The biggie, of course, whas that this room really needed to be painted a bright white instead of the wierd light  warm yellow green you see that really affects my pictures. When I moved into this room from another room, my son had literally one day to move me as he was working almost eighty hours. I wanted it done then and there, thining paint could happen later.  Now, between the number of pieces of furniture that would need to be removed, and the amount of time I'll be using the roomI'm faking it for the next months.  Instead I'll live with the color and somehow  arrange a large white drape in a reclaimed desk corner for taking pictures and comparing paint and quilting shades better with my light issues.  And I'll also get to looking at those "natural light" lamps to see if I can improve some of these indoor pictures instead of dragging them outside every single time!
This is a double edged sword. Love the greenery and it keeps the room well insulated, but during half of the year, it eliminates much of my nice natural light!


The other biggie was to get rid of this crazy rescued from the you know what red table, head my self over to Ikea and get another beige six foot work table to match the other.  Again, I plan to be gone long before Christmas. This will go on my Texas list and the putting together of one table and removal of the other can wait and be part of the moving. Besides, I have to think about the new arrangement and measurements once I am sure of everything. 

Yes, that is alcohol in the corner. For after sewing. Seriously I decided to try white sangria and something called "Not Your Dad's Rootbeer"  !  Neither are my thing so I plan to offer up the root beer on Next Door.


I did get alot of organization done. I love my looming dresser for the same reason that son was ready to get rid of it - the drawers are over 20 inches deep and they can store a whole bunch of stuff (his new dresser is long and low and goes all the way along one wall also giving him alot of top space). The picture above shows a very unorganized drawer of fabric, and once I remove the plastic bin, much more will fit. Same with yarn. Which is a good thing, more of both are on the way.  I was going to leave the big bin on the top of the dresser for leaving packages to "marinate" and then I decided the mail/packages can just sit on the top of the dresser however they come. The bin will be cleaned out and go back to storing winter things.



Much of the stuff exiting the room this afternoon.


There is still stuff to be done. There is a corner under a desk that has very large broken picture frame, a plastic bin lid that matches nothing we have, a ripped and torn serger cover and other things, most of which need to go to the trash-when we feel they will not be overloaded, because of broken branches and other things. There's also a large bin of papers to be sorted through under the table I'm sitting at that has been avoided for quite some time-I won't admit how long.  And I really need to order a new cutting table for this room.

But everything is put away, the room looks much better with all the bins and I have gained some lost table work space, so I am a happy camper. Now back to the sewing, painting. quilting and the occasional purchasing of all the things needed for those endeavours (I spent a good hour or so before I started my day looking at fabric and yarn). 


Shawl for me

Shawl for sister, she rejected the bright one for this lol

I have no earthly idea yet.

Oh, and as I am determined  to get quilts in hand finished, I pulled out the five completed quilt tops I have today (which were all folded in large ziploc bags and scary wrinkled) and laid them over the top of a shelf so they can no longer be ignored! The first one will head out to a professional quilter this afternoon.  These five do not account for some partial quilts that need to be sewn together first. That, my friends, is a different story!

And now I am off to follow up on my very first ever in my life missive to a "Nine on Your Side" TV show consumer complaint. More on Friday.

You can see the others peeking out below.





18 comments:

  1. Quilt tops are definitely more fun to make than to add the backs and bindings, aren't they. I finally found a service to do that for $75 and worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just farming out the whole thing including the quilting on anything larger than a kids quilt or art quilt.

      Delete
  2. Time spent organizing is never wasted! In my experience, it saves you much more time in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really needed to do this. I had some baskets and such that were open in the middle of the room but the dresser coralls everything so much nicer and out of sight but easily reachable.

      Delete
  3. You go, girl! I need to be organizing my own house, instead I am sifting through Mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lots done...woohoo!! Your space will be wonderful for creating and finishing your projects. It's funny how the organizing momentum starts, and I swear it sometimes has to get to "that point", and then, whew, look out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes indeed. Now I am ready to get going.

      Delete
  5. You certainly got lots done! Oh and I love the Caribbean Nights yarn. Enjoy your newly organized space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and she could not have matched t my wardrobe better I tell ya!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, good on YOU! I love the Caribbean Nights yarn as well. Now I feel motivated to tidy up my shelves and baskets! This move is going to be so fun (from where I sit ....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see. first I have to get my application, then hope that having brother as a landlord (and his review) and thenI gott pack up this mess and get it there-hopefully not in the time of Covid, or at least during low Covid.

      Delete
  7. Your yarn colours are beautiful. They will make lovely shawls.

    As someone else said quilt tops are fun to make, it is everything after that causes me grief.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds to me like you're in pretty good shape ... you're makin' me feel guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My problem with herpes has caused me many traumas, especially in my sexual life. I was so afraid of infecting my Boyfriend, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting dermatologists queries hundreds of times. Unfortunately, they did not find a definitive solution to my problem.The solution came from the least expected place By reading in a forum on the subject, mentioned a method for eliminating herpes. Many people had tried, with excellent and quick results.I had nothing to loose so I decided to use this method to eliminate my herpes. spent 18 days using this method and my herpes completely disappeared. I recommend this method to all whose infected with herpes virus, who want to eliminate the herpes from their body forever contact. Doctor Razor via his Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com , I recommend his herbal herpes healing method. you can visit his website : https://drrazorherbalhome.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome  , Whatsapp or Call Doctor Razor Via +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  10. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because lifebecame meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, thesymptoms became very severe and bold and made my familyrun from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gaveup everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because thedoctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs butthey never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me makingit worse. I was doing some research online someday when Icame across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhotacured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thoughtit was a joke but later decided to contact him on the detailsprovided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent mehis herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after twoweeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptomsdisappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I wasNEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DREbhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep ontelling the world about you. If you are going through samesituation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota viadrebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosus

    ReplyDelete
  11. My health was horrible before I decided to try the Protocol Of taking Dr Ebhota herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I was doubtful to try the Protocol thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospital but same result. However, I was convinced by my friend to try the herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of HPV/WART. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, and since I have be taking it for less than 3 days I have less outbreak. But within one week i was fully cured from WART/HPV. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great herb doctor contact with you all email him drebhotasolution@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348089535482. Pls try and help yourself out of warts completely today. he also c My health was horrible before I decided to try the Protocol Of taking Dr Ebhota herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I was doubtful to try the Protocol thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospital but same result. However, I was convinced by my friend to try the herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of HPV/WART. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, and since I have be taking it for less than 3 days I have less outbreak. But within one week i was fully cured from WART/HPV. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great herb doctor contact with you all email him drebhotasolution@gmail.com o r whatsapp +2348089535482. Pls try and help yourself out of warts completely today. he ure DIABETIES ULCAL CANCER etc.He also told me that he has solution for the flowing.1 Cancer cure2 Diabetes cure3 Ringing ear4 Herpes cure5 Warts cure6 HPV cure7 Get your ex back8 Pregnancy herbal medicine9 Prostate enlargement10 Hepatitis B11 Disability12 Kidney problem Etc

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Anuge who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by Dr Anuge, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedies on HERPES and I saw comments of people talking about how Dr anuge cured them. When I contacted him he gave me hope and sent Herbal medicine to me that I took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as I am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Anuge healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    and mare that are not mentioned here He also cured my friend from cervical cancer. so contact him through his Email address : dranuge@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +234816466838 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!