Sunday, June 7, 2020

Sunday Things-Construction/Deconstruction, TV Time, Organization and Bucket lists

It's Sunday afternoon, and I'm listening to my son put together a large Ikea dresser, after he put his old dresser in my sewing room studio, where it looms. Seriously, I'm happy to have it. I can get rid of some of those storage stacking basket type things. As you can see with the size of my room, I can't even get a full picture of the dresser and the drawers up close. There is work to be done! 




In order to have a double duty item when he moves (he's also on an apartment waiting list), and to accomodate the new TV he purchased (after he gave me his old one) he moved from a really high but more narrow dresser to one that is low and wide.  Surprisingly, while I do hear the occasional self muttering, nothing has been injured to date, and the swear words have yet to fly. An unusual circumstance with Ikea furniture, I can tell you from experience. Some of us are visual learners and some of us need/want the word descriptions as well as the pictures, you know? 

Of course, to make things more difficult, the corner desk he is getting rid of would not go out the door in one piece and would not disassemble. So if we didn't need a bagster before with all of our yard waist and household "let's get rid of this and let's get rid of that" we do now.  Thankfully, I would able to schedule a pick up for all the bags of clothing and such separate from that.

I'm now the proud owner of my own bedroom TV. I haven't had a television in my bedroom since I was probably sixteen (although this one is a mere 24 inches). But I'm going to embrace it for the moment as evenings around here involve three people with three completely different ideas of good television! One watches mainly reality TV, you all should have a pretty good idea of what I watch and my son ranges from sports to my kind of TV depending. So far I've actually fallen asleep immediately after (not during) my one hour of TV per night, so it must not be interrupting my sleep much!

It's a cool (or not) 86 and I'm about to take the dogs out to the yard and meditate in the pergola.  Other than that, it's been mainly a quiet, organizational sit in the comfy chair day. I did, however, order a dozen Krispy Kreme delivered to the door. Tis a good thing my church keeps it's videos up on FB for a week, because I'll be doing morning prayer sometime this evening!

The good news is that everything is leafed out and the vines and the tree keep my poor old pergola in shade after like noon. The bad news, as shown in the foreground, is that my poor, very old crab apple tree has fire blight!

My sister is headed out to see a friend (longer time readers may remember we have a pal in the old part of downtown Denver who literally has a small garden and bees in her back yard and sells stuff from her front yard along with teaching about and making natural products).  She really needs the interaction more than I do, so I'm glad she's wandering off this afternoon. I'll take a short drive today once I'm sure my (obviously limited) assistance is no longer required in the furniture assembly portion of the day.

Like I said, mainly I've spent this sunny day sitting in my comfy chair. I decided to organize and delete on Pinterest-especially since I use pinterest instead of files or book marks to save projects, patterns, and road trip ideas and such I want to refer to. I actually migrated all my book marks to Pinterest. I also worked on a long term budget based on different moving dates and two scenarios as to whether I will go to Texas ahead and visit or not. I don't want to leave brother landlord hanging so if something comes earlier than we discuss (or later even) I want to be prepared to pay him and still move, ya know?

I planned my online and grocery orders so that tomorrow or Tuesday I can just hit the button. I might actually do pickup this time instead of delivery, how different of me.

Sister has started looking for jobs. She's in an unusual position cause she really both wants and needs to work, but plans to stop when she takes SS or shortly after (which would be in March) so she's trying to figure out how to deal with employers, even contract ones. Assuming she is gone and son is working up to sixty hours a week what with restaurants back in play and there always being a shortage of employees, I could be basically single except in the late evenings.

With me still being home and one of the "slow exiters" (or is it the opposite, I'm not sure), I've decided I need to look beyond this short and general list of things I can do that will make me happy that I posed last week. It's 90 days till fall and I'm not at al sure how much if any of the traditonal out of the house things I will get to do. Hence the new summer bucket list goal, of small individual things that will make me happy day by day.  Will said list have ninety things?  Doubtful. But one can always try.

15 comments:

  1. Because of all that I hear about Ikea, I am quite sure I will never acquire any Ikea furniture. Your sister should not apprise anyone of her plans, even if they ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she will not lie to employers or potential employers under any circumstances. If the question is not sked it may be a different story.

      Delete
    2. I NEVER suggested she lie! There are ways to avoid disclosing your plans without resorting to lying.

      Delete
    3. She would feel the need to be forthright. because she would not want the company to spend money on her training and setting her up and then have to go through that in another few months. she's also aware of senior discrimination andknows it would go bad for the next senior job hunter if she were not fully truthful up front. Its a persoal coice.

      Delete
  2. We bought a shoe rack/storage thingy from Ikea. Harvey swears never again as the pictures and instructions were not the easiest to follow.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually have piles of things from Ikea, and my wooden table made three oceanic moves. But the instructions are only pictures so you must be a visual person.

      Delete
  3. Ikea is a place you either love or hate. It's great for younger people and people with apartments. I've bought things from Wayfair that need to be put together but I've hired their service to to the job and was happy to pay it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have quite a few things from them. The best fermers style woodent able we had forever until I moved was from Ikea and much of their stuff is very sturdy. Our queen sized bed was from Ikea and went to germany and back. But it helps if you see it in person first, an as i said, instructions are just pictures. Amazon also has a white glove setup service that my brother used for his complicated television,

      Delete
  4. I don't live close enough to purchase IKEA furniture, but have purchased items that needed to be put together on more than one occasion. Those stupid little allen keys are useless and I'd rather have to use a proper screwdriver. I'm sure your son will figure it out, especially if he's put such items together before.

    Today is day one of phase three here in our province. Restaurants can re-open, though only at 50% capacity. Estheticians, tattoo artists, and other personal services can re-open, as can gyms, daycares and places of worship. I won't be visiting any of these just yet. 85F would be hot for me, we've yet to get over 75 or so.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he got it all together and it, really really nice. that and losing a corner desk has really turned his room into a 'studio" and also given him something he can use when he gets off the waiting list. I like this dresser because it is well over 20 inches deep which stores alot of yarn and fabric. He uses a drill, lol. We've been at the restaurant open for two weeks and gyms and stuff are not there yet. I believe Ill be cutting my own hair for at least one more month. I love the warmth.

      Delete
    2. I am here to testify how great man called Dr Ehichioya helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my herpes . I takes his product (cure) for (14) days before I am to known I was totally cure out of it, and i promised him that i will testify my healing to the whole world about how he cured me which I am very happy I am doing now , Dr Ehichioya also cure all kinds of diseases , HEPATITIS, A,B,C , CANCER, DIABETICS , FRIBLOD,ALL KINDS OF SPELL CAST ,and so much more , please you can get him contacted on his whatsapp or call on +234815 271 9187 home@gmail comHe can also cure following virus(1).Herpes(2).Cancer(3).Hepatitis(4).Hiv/aids(5).Pcos(6).Fibroidhttps://m.facebook.com/Dr-Ehichioya-Cure-home-115093413368342/?ref=opera_speed_dial

      Delete
  5. I have had great luck with Ikea and a live in handyman. I have floor to ceiling shelves ... most of one wall, which has millions of baskets/containers that are used as drawers. Works for my little studio set up. Is your sister good on the computer or phones? Maybe work from home!??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a person who has some experience and background in the moving business. I'd like to mention that there is a lot of skill involved in packing a pod so that when it is opened at destination you have your intact items and not a pile of kindling. If it were me I would contact the most respected moving company in your area and ask them what they would charge to pack and you POD for a long haul move. Your items need to be padded and carefully handled, tied down and an expert mover can figure out what can and cannot be stacked. If you are not moving anything breakable then this is not as big an issue but I would hate to see a blog post about how heartbroken you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My problem with herpes has caused me many traumas, especially in my sexual life. I was so afraid of infecting my Boyfriend, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting dermatologists queries hundreds of times. Unfortunately, they did not find a definitive solution to my problem.The solution came from the least expected place By reading in a forum on the subject, mentioned a method for eliminating herpes. Many people had tried, with excellent and quick results.I had nothing to loose so I decided to use this method to eliminate my herpes. spent 18 days using this method and my herpes completely disappeared. I recommend this method to all whose infected with herpes virus, who want to eliminate the herpes from their body forever contact. Doctor Razor via his Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com , I recommend his herbal herpes healing method. you can visit his website : https://drrazorherbalhome.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome  , Whatsapp or Call Doctor Razor Via +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am here to testify how great man called Dr Ehichioya helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my herpes . I takes his product (cure) for (14) days before I am to known I was totally cure out of it, and i promised him that i will testify my healing to the whole world about how he cured me which I am very happy I am doing now , Dr Ehichioya also cure all kinds of diseases , HEPATITIS, A,B,C , CANCER, DIABETICS , FRIBLOD,ALL KINDS OF SPELL CAST ,and so much more , please you can get him contacted on his whatsapp or call on +234815 271 9187 home@gmail comHe can also cure following virus(1).Herpes(2).Cancer(3).Hepatitis(4).Hiv/aids(5).Pcos(6).Fibroidhttps://m.facebook.com/Dr-Ehichioya-Cure-home-115093413368342/?ref=opera_speed_dial

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!