Monday, March 22, 2021

Making it Monday


For whatever reason the "new" Blogger is not happy with me and my photos today (and my captioning) so they are all on the bottom and not necessarily equally sized. Sorry, folks! I'm experimenting with a slightly larger font which also seems to leave larger blank spaces. Feel free to opine as I experiment here!

I have decided to just throw my to do list and goal list mainly to the wind. Instead, I'm following the advice of another blogger (someone I read from my side bar but can't remember where right now) and just listing accomplishments at the end of the day when I journal.

I haven't fallen completely by the wayside. Some things are habit or things that can't be ignored (the state of my kitchen) and others have easy reminders (my wristband telling me to exercise for half an hour every hour and a half). I am sometimes writing down the daily projects and fun stuff. Like knit outside in the sun for an hour or so, play with my macrame kit, start the next season of Unforgotten, take a drive. I also have some master lists still in the back of the book if I need them. The rest, I now leave to chance.

Meanwhile, in the finished category, I made a couple quick farmhouse style Easter signs this weekend and will put them in colored frames this afternoon (after fixing the missed spot). I may add ribbons and buttons later, who knows). As previously mentioned, I left my Easter stuff up north, and that is about three big boxes, so whatever I make will do this year. I did get something for my door.

I also finished said quilt (last week actually). I did not like this quilt for a long time. I'm no longer a fan of white as a background in general (for me personally), I didnt like the measurements and so on,  complain, complain, complain. I cut off the bottom row, did modern slash style lines and it will now go to the quilt guild to be donated to babies later on this year. I might add a few more lines post washing and ironing.

The sliders turned out well, and I will have them as lunch alternatives all week.

In the in progress and coming soon category the sweater is growing by leaps and bounds. I did have to have a conversation with myself about whether I would have eyelets all up the sweater, and finally decided I'll just wear camisole underneath r more likely since it's texas a skin colored bra. Or I can always weave ribbons in the eyelets.

I would like to get one more Easter fun thing made. I don't have black fabric (I never do) so we'll see what this looks like with these fabrics and midnight blue crosses. I'll also start the sugar cooking decorating thing next week. And then it's onto patriotic fabrics ( I see a banner for my patio and an outdoor patio table cover and napkins to start.

Is the NCAA tournament a hot mess, or what?



















After my posting I saw this and thought, I can do this!! And hang on my patio or shelves!






 


14 comments:

  1. The NCAA tournament is a hot mess but that is what makes it fun to watch. I will be surprised if anyone in the country still has a bracket!
    Your quilt is lovely even if it is no longer your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reading that on Saturday only 208 people out of like 24 million still had a working bracket. Hilarious. Me, I just picked Gonzaga to win. It causes me emotional.pain that I'm actually rooting for a school called Oral Roberts University!

      Delete
  2. I think your quilt is very cute! I like your Easter paintings too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Easter signs are lovely. I am hoping to get a bunting made after the quilt and the masks.

    I really don't like white as a background either.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those bunnies hanging on the clothes line. I can see me making things like that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt and I'm sure whoever receives it will be thrilled, white background and all. That bunny border is simply adorable!

    Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you didn't use white, what color would you have used? I'm curious because I have scraps I'm trying to use to make something, and the only common color is white, bit I don't want to use white. I'm quite a novice at quilting so I'm not sure what would work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shiela, the next quilt I'm working on which is the one with the bright pans on the chair I shared awhile back will have gray sashing. Or it could have had navy. And I'm also a fan of just blocks with no sashing like the one that's covering me as I nap. I.dont hate white as such but it gets dirty easily and I tend to think almost any color can be a neutral depending on the fabrics.

      Delete
  7. Oh my that quilt is beautiful. You really do put me to shame. I've completely lost my quilting mojo - hopefully you've sparked that interest back up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Husband (here in Hawaii) and daughter (in Illinois) were so excited about that last basket yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!