Monday, September 23, 2019

The Final Countdown!

We are now entering the second week of the final arrangements (boy does that sound ominous) The wedding planning is a bit different from normal since DD's clinical schedule has her gone literally from morning to night four days a week and them home Friday through Sunday (and there's also some studying being done in the midst).

This weekend we spent time getting all the decorations together. Tomorrow my car (and perhaps SIL's car) will be loaded up and it will go to the venue. All of this for a forty person wedding!  They were originally going to have it in their backyard and then moved to a venue Fortunately the venue has a DIY decoration version-where we bring everything and instructions and they set them out.  Between the reception decor, the outdoor wedding decor and wine and food, even for forty folks it adds up. Then we have a brunch in the morning and a barbecue in the afternoon for everyone not invited on Saturday on Sunday so all the decor will be brought back to the house.  

Pictures and wine and decorations Oh, my!


And more of the same..


I have received my walking orders and made my plans: today was my pedicure and errands for darling daughter. Tomorrow transporting all the stuff and sitting outside and working on a little color to go with my dress (I know, I know). Wednesday I am picking up the dress and taking it to be steamed and a few other add ons. Thursday I am free, it's my birthday and I am packing up to go to a hotel suite with family for three nights so daughter can get house cleaned-and then having prime rib and  lemon meringue pie for dinner. Maybe hitting a movie by myself. Friday I move to the suite, pick up son, sister and other family at the airport and have dinner with them while daughter spends the evening with her gal pals. As I type I'm searching for cleaners to come on Friday. 

Blush is not my normal color...


Where DO they come up for the names of these polishes1


As for the weekend? Let's see. I need to make sure the places are set exactly as she wants them and touch up everything. Then I need to get dressed and greet other family members when they arrive. Then I get to be part of and enjoy daughter's wedding and dinner. And finally help pack it all up again and take it to her patio and yard for Sunday brunch. And then after I help with the brunch and clean up, I will head out on Sunday night, leaving the bride and groom to their own devices and peace and quiet-and their normal routine!

And yes, I have some serious sightseeing planned on the way home, to make up for the speedy trip down.  After dropping family back at the airport early Sunday morning.   I'm hoping there will still be plenty of color in the mountains and along the canyon as I take my two side trips.

I have had some major down time on a couple days here and there and since the dogs and I have been home alone basically from three to seven many of the days I've done serious work on future scheduling, budgeting and stuff lie that. Planning is not my forte, so when I get some time with enforced quiet away from all the distractions of home, I use it to the fullest. More about that in a day or so, when I hope to have a mainly frugal, completely non wedding topic post.

Oh, and while daughter has shown me her instapot, I have no more desire to try it out than I did before I came down. Getting an ice cream maker now..I could see that being in my future!

Oh, Oh.....I did not keep the last necklace it was pink as opposed to push when we opened the package so it is on it's way back. Below is the absolutely final choice and I loved it when opened!  
It's helpful that the model's dress is similar in a color to mine, so that I can see how it would look.


Add caption

14 comments:

  1. Gosh, you'll need to carry crib notes to know where you're at and what you need to do there. Remember to enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She literally gave me a typed sheet of paper with everything.

      Delete
    2. I want to share with you a great source about ALS cure my father of 73 years of age got cured from ALS permanently, he was diagnosed at the age of 69 and he have been on a sick bed for many years, he recently got cured with natural herbal treatment from Dr Ogbeifun the traditional herbalist healer. I'm so happy that my father can now live a normal life with me again after many years he suffered from ALS all thanks to Dr Ogbeifun, my father is now free from this deadly disease called ALS, if you are passing through the same problem you can contact him via his email you should know about his natural herbal treatment, Dr Ogbeifun email is been attached to my post reach him for help ogbefunhearlingtemple @ gmail. com or whatsapp him or call him through his phone number +2348102574680.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the wedding set up. I am very sure that everything will go smoothly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of stuff to schlep back and forth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ine of the many days I'm glad I have the tank (aka nissan murano)

      Delete
  4. How wonderful to be part of all of the planning, arranging as well as the event. Congratulations to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep,I'm definitely involved. and she kows what it is she wants. It's actually quite funny because the gal that's in charge of the wedding venue keeps saying "you need to do this, or put this there" and she keeps saying "no, I want it like this"

      Delete
  5. Barb, I know it's a lot of work, but I'm really happy for you. It's great that you're able to help and that your dd and future sil want you with them. You're making some great memories, too. God bless you and your family during these special days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the whole process from beginning to end when my daughter got married! Have fun and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to share with you a great source about ALS cure my father of 73 years of age got cured from ALS permanently, he was diagnosed at the age of 69 and he have been on a sick bed for many years, he recently got cured with natural herbal treatment from Dr Ogbeifun the traditional herbalist healer. I'm so happy that my father can now live a normal life with me again after many years he suffered from ALS all thanks to Dr Ogbeifun, my father is now free from this deadly disease called ALS, if you are passing through the same problem you can contact him via his email you should know about his natural herbal treatment, Dr Ogbeifun email is been attached to my post reach him for help ogbefunhearlingtemple @ gmail. com or whatsapp him or call him through his phone number +2348102574680.

    ReplyDelete
  8. POWERFUL LOST LOVE SPELLS TO GET EX BACK +27605775963 IN USA,UK,IRELAND,NORWAY,DUBAI,KUWAIT,BELGIUM,CANADA
    Magic Love Spells, Easy Love Spells, and Powerful Love Spells. Real Love Spells, Magic times Love Spells are used to get back your Lost Love, Break up Spells, or Love Spells or Soul Mate who is with someone else. Like Anti contact the no 1 spell caster contact divorce spells, Lovers Spells, Spell Casting Protection Spells Voodoo Dolls of love. Heal yourself now with powerful spells in the field of Love success;MAMA plays an important role in black white magic. And some of the white magic spells are Marriage Spells, Fertility Spells, Witch Craft Spells of love, **** Spells, Lust Spells, Gay Love Spells, *** Love Spells, attraction love spells, binding love spells, are in demand. Magic Love Spells for New Love or magic Love Spells to Attract new Love are very common spells. Looking for Magic Spells to attract new love or spells to attract new love. Come here where many powerful love spells are available. Love spells can be used as Protection Spells especially to Protect Marriage or Divorce as Marriage Spells. Break up Spells or Breaking Love Spells or Divorce Spells.
    Call Or Whats app On +27605775963

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW TO JOIN ILLUMINATI,SUCCESS POWERS ,PROTECTION ,+27785167256 IN South Africa,Lesotho, Namibia,Botswana, Zambia,Swaziland,Canada,Guyana, Uk,France,Germany,Spain,Poland,Switzerland,Romania,Bulgaria,Denmark,Finland,Netherlands,Norway,Sweden
    ,Egypt,Jordan,Sudan,Tunisia,Bahrain,Iraq,Kuwait,Oman,Qatar,Saudi Arabia,UAE ,Australia,New Zealand, GHANA,Uganda,Limpopo,JORDAN, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Johannesburg, Lebanon,Berhrain USA, Kenya , California, Dallas, England,Spain, Austria, Vancouver, Denmark,Pretoria, Durban,Wales, France, Norway, Sweden,Capetown, Tanzania, Northern Cape, New York, Limpopo, London,Sweden, Rwanda, Oman, Qatar, Dubai, Poland, Canada, United Kingdom..
    For those who are interested in making money, every good thing comes with money, comes with extra effort , All u need do is a Spiritual work and every wicked power delaying your progress wants clear and good things will come to you like, money, favor from people, open doors, business breakthrough, good job. Etc. For more info you can call +27785167256 Note: Its not a child's play, its for those who are desperate and ready to make a change in their life. Above all its 80 dollar to Join SERVICE TO HUMANITY We are seeking that special wisdom and knowledge that would set us free from the bondage to dull and dreary everyday life, while strengthening us in body, mind and spirit, and bringing us the material rewards of wealth, love, and success. The karishika Brotherhood is a true brotherhood of secret knowledge and power. membership into our fraternity is free and normally through a thorough screening. we are here to liberate those who need wealth, riches, power, prosperity, protection and success in all ramification. Agent Ben brotherhood offers all initiate members growth, wealth, fame, power, prosperity and success in all areas of heart desires. we do not demand human sacrifice, the use of any human parts or early personal death as a precondition for you to become our member. we are
    not suppose to be on the internet but because of questions and comments like
    Email:musumikamunilah@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. DO YOU NEED FINANCIAL HELP? 5000$ to 100,000,000.00$
    No credit check
    Repaid over 1 year to maximum of 25 years at a low interest rate of 3%.
    Approval in 15-30 minutes
    Open 7 days a week from 24/7
    Service available nationwide
    Whatsapp:+1 (307) 216-4782
    E-MAIL - farhancredit247@gmail.com
    Which did you here about us?
    Regards,
    Abdul

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!