Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Fall Bucket List and October Goals

Don't know if this will be my fall project but I do love it!
My days are now mainly down time at darling daughter's,  mixed with errands as needed. On another visit I would go out, sight see, do movies and all the other "vacation" type things when they are busy but since I never know if there might be a last minute request (and there have been), I've been spending my time on the sofa or in the backyard when not doing wedding stuff (and I'm gonna need some serious workouts when I get back).

Yesterday the son in law (what I've been calling him for three years even though they are getting married this weekend, lol) and I took my large SUV and his small car and hauled everything to the wedding venue-wine, beer, mason jars with baby's breath, various decorations, toys for the kids to play with, name tags, place settings and you name it. Once that was done, I was feeling punk for whatever reason, so I grabbed a Whataburger (had to do it) and then spent the afternoon napping. Today I am free except for picking up the wedding dress from alterations and getting it steamed later this afternoon. Tomorrow is my birthday and I'll help son in law prepare for the cleaners on Friday morning, possibly run off to see Ad Astra and then have prime rib and lemon meringue pie-and then back to wedding stuff.

I deliberately have not made any plans or commitments other than the wedding for all of this month. It's been very much an end of summer feeling with temps in the upper eighties in Colorado and upper nineties here in Texas. When I head back next week though, it will officially be October. The leaves will be changing, fall social activities like dinner groups starting and generally it's a time to embrace fall and also to set a few fall goals for October and November. Just a few.

My Fall Bucket List (October and November)

1.  Take a day and see the leaves color
2.   Make two pumpkin related recipes, one not sweet
3.   Go to a Pumpkin Patch or Fall Festival
4.   Go to a fall/Holiday craft fair
5.   Make a fall holiday decor item for the house
6.   Go to a fall play or concert
7.   Make at least one new to me fall soup recipe
8.  Try a pumpkin spiced Chai or hot chocolate drink (I don't do coffee)
9.   Have a Halloween Movie night (with only the least scary movies)
10. Go to a Halloween Tea and with friends and have the fun menu below
11. Make two scarves or other items for the homeless and donate at Thanksgiving.

My October Goals List 

1.  Goal of 700 steps or equivalent five days a week on my tracker
2.  Do strength building three days a week and track on tracker
3.   Sew quilted ornaments that will be one of my two "small gifts" for the various groups that I am in.
4.   Make an appointment for the fall furnace checkup even though we wont need it before late October
4.  Make a Christmas baking inventory and needs list to take advantage of sales.
5.  Make the master Christmas list of gifts, food and so on.
6.  Completely finish cleaning and decluttering my bedroom and studio (and then ignore except for basic vacuuming/pickup until after the holidays)
7.  Hire someone to do at least a once a month cleaning.
9.  Clean all the rugs.
10. Complet two hand made gifts 
11. Set a goal of $100 earned in rewards and survey earnings and return to the saved savings challenge to add to the spring travel fund.

It's a long list, but it's as much organizational as it is my own effort stuff, so hopefully this will be easy to do.........What do you think, am I over extending?

17 comments:

  1. For me, there is a fine line between setting realistic goals and setting so many it feels like a job which takes some of the enjoyment out of doing stuff. If I fail at getting everything doing, it sets me up to feel like a failure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my issue as well. I am hoping that since about halfthese goals involve simply calling others or making to do lists that I have not over extended myself.

      Delete
  2. The Halloween Tea menu looks awesome! Pass me an eyeball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it look fun? She does a seasonal menu each month and we liked the idea of the one even better than the Christmas menu.

      Delete
  3. The Halloween tea sounds like fun. And, I did notice that your last years to do list was more complicated than this years. I am all for simplifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far more complicated. I learned my lesson. Hopefully this is not too much and I won't have to learn it again..although I am at a slightly higher energy level these days.

      Delete
  4. Looks like some interesting activities and not too dreadful a goals list. Take photos of the tea please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately I never seem to get my goals for the month finished. Perhaps I should make a goal to actually complete them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very impressed that your daughter and son-in-law provided toys for the children at the reception - what a thoughtful touch! Good luck with your October goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a family only wedding-37 people (with a huge brinch and then barbcue open house the next day) and there are three family flower girls and the ring bearer just for starters so she made a ring toss game and brought coloring stuff and so on for them. I think it's a great idea.

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday! Can't wait to hear what you think about the Ad Astra movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Hittign the big 68 and all that. I dont think Im going to make it today but it is on the top of my list when I return. This year there seem to be much better fall movies than there were summer ones.

      Delete
  8. A list is a good place to start. Congrats on having more energy!! A great birthday gift. Take lots and lots of photos! We live vicariously, you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am one of those people that will never embrace the exercise thing, but I think that plus my new sleep routine helped alot with the energy.

      Delete
  9. I want to share with you a great source about ALS cure my father of 73 years of age got cured from ALS permanently, he was diagnosed at the age of 69 and he have been on a sick bed for many years, he recently got cured with natural herbal treatment from Dr Ogbeifun the traditional herbalist healer. I'm so happy that my father can now live a normal life with me again after many years he suffered from ALS all thanks to Dr Ogbeifun, my father is now free from this deadly disease called ALS, if you are passing through the same problem you can contact him via his email you should know about his natural herbal treatment, Dr Ogbeifun email is been attached to my post reach him for help ogbefunhearlingtemple @ gmail. com or whatsapp him or call him through his phone number +2348102574680.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!