And so, I've entered a new decade of life. The day after my birthday I don't feel any different than I did at 69, although I did feel the need for an afternoon snooze before the family dinner at the local french and steak restaurant, courtesy of my darling daughter. My sister-in-law and her husband joined us and a good time was had by all. Sparkler candle included.
Meanwhile, it's a new month. And as I try to create my new normal, and get myself on some kind of a "post Covid even though it's really not post Covid" lifestyle, it's time for a few goals and plans for the month that's coming, and I can use some accountability as I get back to some kind of normal schedule.
So as of today, goals and bucket list type plans for October include:
1. Take a fall day trip drive, possibly even an overnight, and another local trip to hit up our local pumpkin patch that also h as cut your own flowers.
2. Decorate the house and patio for fall
3. And one new weekly or monthly social thing to my calndar.
4. Return to my weekly five dollar movie habit on Wednesday
5. Make one new fall recipe (may or may not be pumpkin).
6. Make my Christmas master list and creative mastr list
7. Exercise for a full hour five days a week (seated exercise, PT exercises included).
8. Register for and schedule my orientation to be a Casa volunteer
9. Sign up for the Great Courses again since I can't do Olli classes this fall, and practice German daily.
10. Do a fall deep clean of the apartment
11. Start making an effort bit by bit to fill the pantry and the freezer at loss leader prices both to allow me to not shop when I'm not in the mood and to prepare for increased prices and possible shortages here and there.
And there you have it. There may be things added later, who knows? And my Christmas and creative project lists need to be refined, and are a separate checklist. But it's a starting pint, after all.