Monday, July 27, 2020

Making It Monday-Starts and Finishes

As part of my goal to bring small bits of organization to my day I have started a very brief, really modified hack of the Miracle Morning. My aborted, sitting in bed version, includes prayer, meditation, a full set of in bed stretches, some journaling (sometimes some reading or knitting before facing the world), and caffeine and and immediate mornng snack if I need it from my teeny nightside cooler. Note that there is absolutely no visualization or actualization in terms of exercises or anything else. And it's often not before 8 AM. Sorry, Hal!  




I blocked my finished shawl ( I dont have blocks so I used a steam iron). I may work on it more in the week to come to stretch it a bit but my sister loves it. The lace is popping if imperfect. Since I always alternate one for me and one for someone else, I've started on this shawl which goes with my summer capsule pretty much - at least the solid tops and the maxi dresses. I'd really like to make a summer tank as well, but then I think of my sister in law in rehab. It's Texas air conditioning. Could she use a shawl?  Will they let a handmade item come in?  



The quilt is finally quilted and finished, and ready to go (to press or not to press with a traditional quilt is always a question), and I'm now about to start on some fall fabrics that are partially cut before the big modern quilt. I also today hope to make a set of cards and write letters inside-one for my SIL in rehab and the others for meals on wheels peeps. 



I've finally decided that I really need to start watching Line of Duty as my next show. It's been on my list for a really long time and I've avoided it just because I'm a big fan of dear old Lennie from The Walking Dead and Jericho, ( I hate to see him be the bad guy) but it's time to jump in. I need a new show and there it is.  Meanwhile, thanks to the Fantastic Fiction website, Kindle Unlimited and all my Amazon emails I have a large backlog of books to read and check out. For my thriller/mystery types, I just discovered the Joe DeMarco series and my current book will keep me busy until the new Catherine Coulter FBI book comes out this week. 

I may actually allow myself to pay full kindle price for that, although I am keeping a very tight reign these days. I need a few craft/fabric/yarn items or tools to finish current projects. Also since I live near an SAS store and there is none in the area of Texas that I am moving to, I may spend the $150 for another pair of sandals before I move. Otherwise all the post bills and grocery shopping expenses will go towards renting a pod and movers and new things I'll need in Texas. I'll also be sending a monthly allotment to my son for awhile since he is taking over a full half of this house and his hours are questionable each week at best (they love him and he's supposed to eventually be promoted as a trainer and start traveling, but as Covid-19 goes up, restaurant business goes down. Everyone is affected, man).

So.  In theory, I will be ready to move on 1 October. But the reality is that I won't move until sometime around the fifteenth. If they don't allow mid month move-ins, I'll pay online and authorize my daughter to pick up the key and then sometime around the 15th move and drive. 

Why all this finagaling?  It's all so I can vote in my current state, since we are a swing state. I care much more about the possiblity of kicking Cory Gardner to the curb and taking the senate than the off chance of Cronyn.  Colorado, of course, is one of those states Trump hates so much because we vote by mail. We receive our ballots in the mail and then can mail them in, drop them off at secured sealed lockboxes or even stand in line.  As far as I'm concerned the mail fraud argument doesn't hold water and isn't particular advantageous for Democrats as such.  I mean, our senators are one of each party, after all.

You"ll probably laugh at this one, but after having a chat about parsing out stuff from the household for me to take, I pulled out one of those "furnish your first home" type charts to plan ahead for everything I would need. I'm taking my own dishes, we'll divide up silver wear and we have enough pots and pans to keep me till I get new ones. On the other hand I'll need toaster, microwave and so many more things things further down the line. I made a designatied Amazon wishlist for this stuff, if only to keep me organized. I've also not shopped for just one person for awhile, so I've been working a very rough budget and a master shopping list in that area.

Tonight we are having lemon garlic chicken tenders (I bought I gigantic package o we could just pull as many as we needed out) with cheese garlic biscuits, which come from Walmart, believe it or not and are fantastic.
Someone shared this with me this mornng, proof at what a lack of national leadership (Yes, I'm talking about Trump), looks like in the face of a pandemic. Sigh. Just when I had started going out a teeny bit here and there, I'm back in my nice little bubble. Anyone who still thinks Trump is doing well handling the pandemic or the law and order better look again.




16 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that shawl! The variegated yarn and stitches really makes it interesting.

    I'm also intrigued with the idea of using a 'first home' chart to help me downsize to my next home. I'm going to look one of those up.

    Thanks for the Joe Marco mention. I've just recently started reading in that genre and am looking for authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never have too many books. The checklist will help since I'm leaving a shared house and im not taking so many items with!

      Delete
    2. And im determined to move to clothing as my next thing. You can only use so many shawls

      Delete
  2. I sure do admire your talent! Artistic talent skipped a generation! I enjoy those same authors! But I am still not reading. Am almost finished with CSI:Miami! How can they all wear white around all that blood and gore and never a hair out of place!????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hate that show, lol. As my sin would say. Sunglasses on, sunglasses off.

      Delete
  3. You will enjoy Line of Duty. I did.

    The shawl colours are lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will, once I get into it.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Jackie on both Line of Duty and the lovely shawl!

      Delete
  4. The shawl and quilt are lovely. The second shawl colors are very pretty too!

    It's frightening to watch as your neighbour to the north. I am hoping we continue to keep our border closed. We're starting to see an uptick in cases of Covid-19. I'll continue to stay close to home and limit my bubble to my immediate family.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's wise. I expect one i move that daughter and sil may be part of my bubble even though they work, but that will be it.

      Delete
  5. Yes, we too had hopes of "getting out a teeny bit here and there" but with the dramatic rise in cases we're also hunkering down again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your shawl. Did you make it for your sister?

    ReplyDelete
  7. HIV/AIDS cannot be cured through drugs and injections,but the best way to get rid of HIV/AIDS permanently is by taking natural herbal medicine for it,and If getting HIV cure through drugs and injections was that easy then why do a lot of people still suffer from HIV?. i was diagnosed of HIV back in 2015 and i was also told it has no cure, i have been leaving with it since then, but i keep praying and doing everything possible to get cured, but i never stopped doing my research about finding a cure, till i came across testimonies about people getting cured through herbal medication, and i have always believe in herbs and its medical properties, after doing so many research about it i found out,Dr. James was the one who cured them and i discovered he was a professional in herbal medication and he has also helped and cured many HIV/AIDS patients, i contacted him, we talked on phone and i confirmed he was genuine herbalist Doctor, i did all he told me to do, after 2 days of contacting him,He told me the cure is ready and he sent it to me through FEDEX Express courier service ,The medicine got to me in 3 days time, . I used the herbal medicine as he prescribed it for me, after taking his powerful herbal mix medicine morning and night for 21 days I was completely cured now, I went back to my doctor to confirm it. Do not be deceived THERE IS A CURE FOR HIV/AIDS, doctors might tell you there is no cure but WITH HERBAL MEDICATION THERE IS A CURE and if you need to know or get cured from HIV or others disease such as Diabetes, Herpes virus, Cancer,Hiv/Aids,.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes ,Cardiac disease, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Lupus.
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, CONTACT DR JAMES ON
    EMAIL drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com
    WHAT'S APP +2348152855846 WEBSITE
    https//drjamesherbalmix.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!