Monday, August 26, 2019

Making it Monday

Yesterday was the Affordable Art Festival here in town. Every year there is a one day festival where all of the art is one hundred dollars. Most of it art that sells for between a thousand and five thousand dollars. I had been hoping to go and look at some glass, but the temperature was just under a hundred degrees, so I wimped out on my field trip day! 



I had made up for it on Saturday though, by going to the scarf studio with my gals group where we spent a couple hours drinking and painting templates that will be turned into beautiful, soft scarf in a couple weeks. This was such fun, although since the template was less than the size of a piece of printer paper, we had some adjusting to do. With the help of paint pens and pencils and paints and stamps and stencils and who knows what else, we each created something that we hope will be as beautiful as the scarves shown in the photo, all designed by others.  I went with fall colors and chose a soft gray background for mine. Eventually we'll need a scarf reveal! 

Because I was the group coordinator, I went with a preset template, but I brought blank templates home so that I can make a couple of these more artistically for gifts..


Hopefully ours will be as beautiful

At the scarf studio the system is really easy. as I said the piece of paper on the left is about half of a piece of printer paper befor enlarged and printed.


I've put my sweater aside except for an hour of TV for now-and maybe knit group. I will finish it if only it's because it's my first sweater and I hope a lesson for many others to follow but I've decided I don't love the bright colors and want to start working on fall things.

I do wish I had left more of the dark blue showing . I may need to add it in somewhere.




This morning after staring at colors and fabrics for a good week, I began sewing my landscape quilt. I'm quilting each section in a different color and stitch (I think) and when done I will add more fabric to make sand dunes over the water, starfish and a  setting sun and I'm not sure what else! 




I also pulled out two unfinished fall quilts from last year. I don't love the way either one finished but I think I'll like them alot more when they are stitched and quilted and done, and if not I know other people who love them-especially the one with the gold background.

And I'll work on a fall shawl or scarf while watching Mindhunter!

5 comments:

  1. You must show us your scarf when it's ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness you're busy! I look forward to seeing all the finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing at a time though. except that I have a knit and sewing thing both going/

      Delete
  3. Have not heard of the scarf making fad. It sounds like great fun and so much better than having to find room on a wall for painting, like the regular painting parties. Can't wait until you can show us your results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure are keeping busy. I love those quilts.

    A scarf reveal is definitely necessary.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!