Sunday, May 27, 2018

Summer Break

Tis summer in Colorado which means hot but not unbearably hot weather, long evenings with lots of light and other semi perfect situations. 

There's a fair amount on my plate as far as summer fun as well as summer relaxation, from volunteering, to possibly starting a local women's group to eating out on the patio to partaking of the many free festivals and events that appear on the horizon every day here.

All of which is to say for now, blogging, and online stuff in general is taking a back seat to life.  Long time readers know that I've been doing this Frugal Retiree gig since 2008 sometime. Except for losing  my host and reinventing myself last year and my two week wedding break, I've been fairly consistent. It's now time for me to take a partial break, enjoy the best that Colorado and the neighboring areas have to offer and in general, spend my summer playing.

My goal is to have something about my week here on Friday, but it may just be photos or a brief note to let you know I'm here. But I'm making no promises!

 Also know that if you are a fellow blogger, I'll be keeping up with you, though it may be less often as I'm no longer going online nearly as much. I have taken up a challenge to post a picture daily both on Facebook and Instagram, starting tomorrow. So do stop by there if you are able now and again..

I expect to be back in the fall, in time for what is road trip season for me. Meanwhile, enjoy what is left of you spring and summer, and I'll be back.

13 comments:

  1. Enjoy your summer and we'll see you when we see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good summer, and we'll check in on Fridays ... just to make sure you're still here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the summer! "See you"when the wind begins to blow cold again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your break. We all deserve that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll miss your posts, but have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great summer and a well-deserved vacation! We'll miss you and thanks for all the insight into retirement that you write about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog Barbara and will really miss it while you're on summer break. Enjoy your "unplugged" time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a most pleasant summer -- sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your summer as much as we have enjoyed reading about your interesting life and lifestyle. Don’t fret about us, we’ll be here when you check back in. Take it from someone who knows... a blog post every Friday is still a commitment, but you do it well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!