Thursday, May 14, 2020

Happy at Home

I'm gonna be changing up the blog a bit. Starting next week there will always be two posts, Happy at Home and Frugal Things (as always, both will include the un-happy and the non-frugal when necessary). There will be two today and tomorrow, but then they will be spread out in between each week, so bear with me here.  There will probably still be another, sometimes longer post interspersed somewhere throughout the week but these will be the two anchors, if you will. 

Tentative future blog posts include my version of a Pinterest project comparison, places I've lived in, how grocery shopping has changed for me, starting to invest for the first time in retirement, re-starting my sewing business, things I'm changing to be prepared for possible recession/virus issues again in the fall, my active life style apartmet move, long term multigenerational living and more. Please feel free to add suggestions as desired.

Things that have made me happy while at home this week:

1.  My sister has a new project, and she is full on involved. While many of you have seen multiple picture of the large, tiered yard, we also have an "armpit area" on the side. I'm not sure what she has planned, but she bought plants and mulch and stones this morning and as you can see she has multiple bins of clean up (more not shown). This should keep her busy for awhile.  

This area goes all along one side of the house, down to all the landsaping. Not sure why it has been left that way. No gate so it was never a parking place.





2.  My son took pizza to a friend and spent an hour or so with her. I realize some might not see this as a plus, but they work together and it was one on one, and he stayed home for six weeks, mainly cause he lives with me. It was time, along with his returning to work. He's agreed to avoid crowds even in mask until Memorial Day weekend which is all that I can ask. I am still amazed that he made it six weeks without leaving the house except to walk the dog.

3. Before I go to bed at night I generally write in my journal right before I go to sleep.  For the past couple nights it has been a stream of conscious type of list on all the things I want to do and can do-and maybe a should do here and there. I've posted it up in the tabs, here. For those who may be interested only a small part of the list is crafty or home organization related. Eventually I may share the list in a post.

4. Chocolate!  I email subscribe to Godiva, mainly because they give a free four piece box of chocolate regularly every month or so which I can pick up in the mall that I walk (limp) around. I broke down and bought the large Mother's Day box for fifty percent and it arrived today. I may need to give it to another family member to dole out.  


5. The organization of my sewing room (as well as the dig out) has made it much easier for me to just walk in, sit down and decide to do something, whatever that something is. So much easier to create without having to move things, make space or whatever. Of course, I still need to decide what to do once I'm in there!!





20 comments:

  1. Mmmm, Godiva chocolates are the best! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Im trying to leave the box in the "mail bin" for 24 hours but I may have to grab some santizing wipes and open that baby

      Delete
  2. From your list -- if you write that frugal retirement book sometime in the future, I definitely want to buy a copy! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point it's just a consideration-if I did it I wouldn't use blog posts though I would do it from scratch.

      Delete
  3. Ohmygod, I did not know you can subscribe to Godiva chocolate! I need to buy myself a gift that keeps on giving.

    Now I'm off to read your diary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've become chinzier and chintzier but I still subscribe to them because I have family folks who love real good chocolate as gifts.

      Delete
  4. I would hide the chocolate and it would be all mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it definitely is. I just have self control issues and would like it to last. Lol

      Delete
  5. Definitely sanitize the box and dig into the Godiva chocolates! Life is short, Barb ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sister has got a project - I'll be interested in seeing the after photos too. Those chocolates look delicious! Sadly, for me they'd mean an instant migraine so you wouldn't have to share.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me they mean raised sugar levels so I need to be cautious. One of my kids hates chocolate, bless her heart.

      Delete
  7. All the yards in our neighborhood are looking great, because gardening is about all we can do. Your sister's project looks very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hide the chocolate.

    Post pictures of the outcome of your sisters project please.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Aizonofe herb who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Aizonofe herb send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Aizonofe herb, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Aizonofe herb did it for me, contact him draizonofeherb@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348136785562

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a nice information . I love your blog , You visit : :
    Elderly loved: Physical therapy in elderly,Senior living

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to use this medium to let everyone know that Herpes Simplex Virus has a complete and Permanent cure and that Dr Razor Herbal Medicine is the solution. I was Diagnosed with Herpes Virus type 1 in January 16, 2015, I have made several Research Hoping to see a true Cure or Healer, Fortunately for me i saw on a blog site how Dr Razor has been saving different lives and marriages with his herbal medicine, At first i did not believe but on a second thought, i decided to give him a try, I contacted him and he assured me of a cure, he prepared the herbal medication for me, which i took for 18 days, he told me to go for a medical check up, could you believe that i was confirm Herpes type 1 Negative after the test, and i went to a different hospital and it was also Negative, I became very happy and decided to write my appreciation article about this Good man. If you are battling with this same Infection or you know of a person who is infected with any disease like Herpes, HIV, Cancer, Syphilis, Hepatitis A,B,C, all types of Cancer, Gonorrhea, life's problems that you might have etc. kindly Reach out to Doctor Razor on Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com. Whatsapp/Call him on +2349065420442. You can Also Visit His website : https://drrazorherbalhome.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome . My Sincere Gratitude to you Sir, God will surely Keep you safe from harms way. Please share so Other lives can be saved

    ReplyDelete
  12. HIV/AIDS cannot be cured through drugs and injections,but the best way to get rid of HIV/AIDS permanently is by taking natural herbal medicine for it,and If getting HIV cure through drugs and injections was that easy then why do a lot of people still suffer from HIV?. i was diagnosed of HIV back in 2015 and i was also told it has no cure, i have been leaving with it since then, but i keep praying and doing everything possible to get cured, but i never stopped doing my research about finding a cure, till i came across testimonies about people getting cured through herbal medication, and i have always believe in herbs and its medical properties, after doing so many research about it i found out,Dr. James was the one who cured them and i discovered he was a professional in herbal medication and he has also helped and cured many HIV/AIDS patients, i contacted him, we talked on phone and i confirmed he was genuine herbalist Doctor, i did all he told me to do, after 2 days of contacting him,He told me the cure is ready and he sent it to me through FEDEX Express courier service ,The medicine got to me in 3 days time, . I used the herbal medicine as he prescribed it for me, after taking his powerful herbal mix medicine morning and night for 21 days I was completely cured now, I went back to my doctor to confirm it. Do not be deceived THERE IS A CURE FOR HIV/AIDS, doctors might tell you there is no cure but WITH HERBAL MEDICATION THERE IS A CURE and if you need to know or get cured from HIV or others disease such as Herpes virus, Cancer,Hiv/Aids,.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes ,Cardiac disease, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Lupus.
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, CONTACT DR JAMES ON
    EMAIL drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com
    WHAT'S APP +2348152855846 WEBSITE
    https//drjamesherbalmix.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. God bless DR ANUGE for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS since 2010 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr ANUGE , how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine within 3days. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 2weeks later I was cured from HERPES contact him via email dranuge@gmail.com once again thanks to you Dr ANUGE. cure the flowing virus, contact his email or add him on whatsapp   +2348164866838
    He also told me that he can cure the following diseases:
    cancer cure
    diabetes cure
    ringing ear
    herpes cure
    warts cure
    HPV cure
    HIV/AIDS cure
    get your ex back
    pregnancy herbal medicine
    prostate enlargement
    Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!