Tuesday, September 17, 2019

100 Degrees

Hello friends. Here in beautiful Prosper Texas it is 8am and 77 degrees. Yep, that should give you an idea of what the final temperature for the day will be. I honestly don't mind when it is a day like today and I have little to nothing to do effort wise.

Today and tomorrow I am mainly on my own. Daughter's newest clinical schedule is a long four days and Friday through Sunday off. This often happens and I know the area and am happy to entertain myself via TV, knitting, playing with the dogs or visiting some local haunts.

We had a lovely Saturday and Sunday when both were off work, and she showed me all the decorations and the schedule for the wedding and everything she would need me to do (all of which starts Friday and goes through next week). She's been very creative by sourcing linens and things second hands from other brides or mothers of the bride as well as borrowing things like galvanized steel mini buckets to use for the flower girl petals (the wedding is fairly rustic). The big expenses other than the venue were the flowers (who knew they could be so expensive) and food-since family is traveling wide and far the potluck thing would not work either for the wedding or the brunch the next day.

Yesterday I drove a half an hour to the mall to walk since none of the health clubs closer to her have Silver Sneakers classes, and did some other things. Today I plan to mainly be at home and work on a fall knitting project and other things, try to get some sun. I will run out to the store briefly to get some ear care and wax removal stuff since one ear is completely stuffed up and I want to try and care for it myself before spending good urgent care money.

I also found out that there is a local craft thrift store that is MUCH bigger than the one in my town so I will hit that one.

Into every life a little crisis must enter some time, and the person who was going to care for the dogs cannot do so. So while sister and son are still home they are not online much ..I have put out the word from here as we look for alternative care for the long weekend.

I hope to have some pictures up o the house and the decorations and so on this afternoon or tomorrow.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're in your element with the craft store, the dogs and a list of things you can do do help with the wedding. Have fun and good luck with your ear. I've used over-the-counter stuff with good success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew, the heat! Enjoy your time there and wishing that all goes well with the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weddings can be very expensive, but it's good to see your daughter being creative. My daughter bought the flowers for her wedding from the market and together we created some lovely displays as well as her bridal bouquet as local florists were ridiculously expensive once they knew it was for a wedding. Enjoy the sunshine, it's my favourite weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers are really costly. Sounds as if you have things under control.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a great time celebrating with family! Looking forward to the photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!