Monday, July 22, 2019

Monday This n That

My Saturday outing alone did not exactly go as planned.  The good news is that I got my workout in and checked out a Vintage Art Market (one of those places that has lots of consignors and offers a ton of fun classes). The bad news is that as I headed out to have a drink on the patio of the new happy hour place and hit the mini art gallery, the skies opened, the thunder hit and the lightning exploded-setting me on a direct route for home, pets, knitting and TV!
A cute little studio space where they offer classes on almost anything. These folks were learning chalk painting.

I'll make up for it on Wednesday by going to our local midweek famers market and this gallery show at the local community college.

Sunday (and today) I've been pretty darned lazy. Too lazy to go to the store, yesterday I pulled out a second package of pineapple and bacon/Brown sugar flavored  chicken brats and we had them with coleslaw and potato salad and such already on hand. Being even lazier today, I pulled out a frozen package of pre-grilled chicken tenders (with two or three left) and a small Ziploc bag of leftover ham slices. Add those to frozen vegetables and fruit, biscuits and here and there leftovers like some quiche a little deli chicken and such and we will make it to tomorrow.

Speaking of lazy, the frugal retiree really is a frugal lightweight it seems. After checking out two recent discussions on best money saving practices on two seperate discussion groups, realized I do almost none of those things. I don't garden or can (although I'd like to do the latter if someone ever teaches me). I don't cook in bulk as such other than to fill the slow cooker, use it for leftovers and freeze after a couple days as needed. I only hang my clothes when they require it, and I pay someone to mow the lawn-although I still clean my house. Probably my only labor intensive money saving chore.

I guess it's my "dabble" and "scrounger" personality but in order to keep my frugal "chops" I just prefer to just do all the things I like and see how cheaply I can do things or get things. So I eliminate  the intensive labor stuff when I can and hire it out when I can't. Which is why next week I'm going to the five dollar movies, using a coupon at happy hour and hopefully FINALLY heading up to that thrift store for craft supplies! Because creating stuff from nothing is also frugal-most of the time. 

Yes, the wrong side is the right side..reverse stitch


I'm really glad that I restarted the knitting of my top. I like the blues at the bottom and the idea of the pinks, yellows and such further up the top. And while I know the front and back won't match exactly when the two parts are sewn together, at least they will be closer now. Yesterday I knit for an hour-alone in the house, with no TV or music on or anyone to talk to. Yes, I am the enjoy the silence person, as opposed to the turn on the TV or radio for companionship and noise type.

And now I'm off. I got another offer via email for a fifty dollar Visa gift card to test drive a new Jeep Liberty SUV. I'm not buying but an hour of chatting and trying out a new car for fifty bucks? I can find time for that!


10 comments:

  1. I'll teach you to can....just come on over to PA! lolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great money for trying out a new car. What fun!

    Your chicken brats had my mouth watering and your knitting project is a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is. Its a reverse stockinette which means that all the changes will show through as lines in the varigaid, butthats okay, I love really bright clothing.

      Delete
  3. Garden in pots. You can grow food if you can grow flowers. IF you would like to garden. It does not have to be big and tilled up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty easy way to make 50 bucks! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours in that knitting. It is going to look beautiful.

    $50.00 for test driving a car!! What an easy way to make some cash.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I wish our dealerships would offer gift cards for test drives. Nice way to make a few dollars.

    Love the idea of the reverse stitch. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently have some difficult conversations and I did what a lot of people do when they want to know how to do something. I googled it. I came across Dr Williams herbal medicine on blog-site so many people thanking him about his good work. I also have fibromyalgia. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my fibromyalgia status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Williams for everything he have done for my family ,after taking Dr Williams medicine i was completely free from fibromyalgia within one month of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!