Monday, September 27, 2021

70!!! And October Goals

 And so, I've entered a new decade of life. The day after my birthday I don't feel any different than I did at 69, although I did feel the need for an afternoon snooze before the family dinner at the local french and steak restaurant, courtesy of my darling daughter. My sister-in-law and her husband joined us and a good time was had  by all. Sparkler candle included.  



Meanwhile, it's a new month. And as I try to create my new normal, and get myself on some kind of a "post Covid even though it's really not post Covid" lifestyle, it's time for a few goals and plans for the month that's coming, and I can use some accountability as I get back to some kind of normal schedule.

So as of today, goals and bucket list type plans for October include:

1. Take a fall day trip drive, possibly even an overnight, and another local trip to hit up our local pumpkin patch that also h as cut your own flowers.

2.  Decorate the house and patio for fall

3. And one new weekly or monthly social thing to my calndar.

4. Return to my weekly five dollar movie habit on Wednesday

5. Make one new  fall recipe (may or may not be pumpkin).

6. Make my Christmas master list and creative mastr list

7. Exercise for a full hour five days  a week (seated exercise, PT exercises included).

8. Register for and schedule my orientation to be a Casa volunteer

9. Sign up for the Great Courses again since I can't do Olli classes this fall, and practice German daily.

10. Do a fall deep clean of the apartment

11. Start making an effort bit by bit to fill the pantry and the freezer at loss leader prices both to allow me to not shop when I'm not in the mood and to prepare for increased prices and possible shortages here and there.

And there you have it. There may be things added later, who knows?  And my Christmas and creative project lists need to be refined, and are a separate checklist. But it's a starting pint, after all.


34 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Your October list looks very accomplishable. Great idea to fill your pantry and freezer with loss leaders. We are trying to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a slow process since my food budget is weekly but I bieve I can do it.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Barb! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!

    I think you're the first person in my realm to mention Christmas. It's the crafter in you and I can't wait to see what you make this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer to have most thing planned and bought by early December in every area so that's why it's a goal!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday! You look joy filled. An ambitious October plan that has lots of variety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy Birthday!!! you look very happy!! That's a great list of goals, I may have to do that since I don't usually do projected goals. I do daily things( like Flylady) but I like your list as it includes things like that pumpkin patch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a daily list except for some kind of exercise and prayer so this keeps me on metal a bit.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday! Glad to see you are back to blogging more often! That’s a beautiful photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! It sounds like a wonderful time with family.

    I'm always amazed at your (and others) lists, but even more so by the accomplishment of so many items. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday...sounds like a fun celebration! Your fall list is grand...enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a wonderful time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated Happy Birthday! It looks like a fun evening!
    Ugh lists! I have to quit making them and start crossing them off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 70th Birthday Barbara! I bet it felt good to get out for a celebratory dinner with family. Such fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Barbara. Oh to be 70 again. I'd give my eye teeth to be 70 but that's okay. Thankful for every day I have. Love your t0-do list. I wonder what mine would look like if I made one. Have a good one! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a little late, Happy Birthday. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays, and a wonderful, fulfilling next decade!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated Birthday Barb. Glad you had a wonderful celebration. Your list sounds great... I am sure that you will be adding to it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday -- you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A belated Happy Birthday to you. Looks like it was a nice celebration with family. What a great pic and smile ;-) I hope this next year brings you laughter, fun, and (safe) adventure.

    Sassybear
    www.idleeyesandadormy.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday, & love your to fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy 70th - that's a lovely picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday! I turn 70 this month but I don't feel like that age. But then I don't feel any older than I did in my 50s. I love your October goals. I think I might write something similar for myself.

    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday, Barb! Yay! You are certainly a very active, healthy 70 year old. You sure have a lot planned for the fall. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!