Monday, December 30, 2019

End of Year Orgainzing-Or Is It New Year Organizing?

Today I managed to update the TV shows tab as best I could, start the books read tab for 2020, and put my yearly goals up for all to see.Now I need to make a lsit of the things I want to make.

Either way at least one room of my house is definitely the storm before the calm, if you will. I keep putting things I want to sort through, organize, donate and get rid of into my sewing room/office. Both because the floor has space and because I can sit in my executive office/sewing chair and do the deed. And use my brand new reaching tool, which I love, love, love!!

Last week I mentioned that there were two bins (one for straight donations and one for things I can give to specific people) along with a tall laundry basket turned into trash can (there is also a big recycling box). As you can see in the photos, the number of boxes, bins and containers has grown exponentially. In my defense, the Guatemalan table sitting in the middle goes back by the sofa where the Christmas tree is now, and many of said boxes and bins are dedicated.





One large box is for stuff that gets put away in my room, there is a pile to to into the bathroom and bathroom storage, there are a couple that need to be put up on a top shelf until next year by someone taller than I, and so it goes. I work in it in half hour to hour increments (today I put a box of things that needed to go in my various dressers away. There is also a box for the "do I wanna keep this, or donate it" stuff, which includes things like my mini loaf pans. I love the idea of making mini loaves either to freeze for me or to give as gifts in the holidays, but I've had the pan three years and never used it. If you get my drift.

I'm also ordering a bunch of file folders, a bulletin board, and push pins in order to bring my desk (which is my craft table) and files into better order ...I hope. Along with that there is a large box of papers. Some will have to be shredded, some not I suppose. I'm taking my darned time so that I can still have said tables for crafting and working.

So there we are, for now.

Tomorrow, out to New Year's Eve brunch and then with the rest of my Denver family (who have yet to see it), for a second viewing of Star Wars, Rise of Skywalker. To say that I plan to be home by six, and probably will be asleep before the new year enters is an understatement.

Wednesday I expect will be more football (which means a chance to knit and write and have Queso and other appetizers) and chilling.

Today is the first day of my new exercise challenge-and because of the ground I'm not gonna make my first Monday at the rec center. Instead I'm walking around the house to get my steps in and doing my sit, stand and move exercise video. Does that count?

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely the steps and exercises count. Why wouldn't they? :)

    I'm going to start my re-organizing exercise after the beginning of the New Year. I had done it last February/March in preparation for listing the house. A year later it's time to go through everything again because things have been moved or things haven't been needed. Silly me, I actually enjoy this!

    All the best in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly me, I hate it. But it's long over due the clutter has been affecting my comfort level and with who knows what coming up..

      Delete
  2. You'll have your sorting done in no time. It always looks worse than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get the urge to clear out junk this time of year too. It must have something to do with the beginning of a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course those steps in the house count. They are steps after all.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first of the year always seems like a great time to declutter and organize. I know you like Nicola Walker. Have you watched The Split on Hulu yet? She looks so different with lighter hair and a "posh" haircut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!