Wednesday, October 30, 2019

October Wrap Up

True, it's not the last day of the month. But night is the baseball game, and tomorrow I'm getting my shots, walking in the mall, and going to a Halloween happy hour. So what's done is more or less done, or undone. And it's time for a new set of goals. For an almost new month.

My Fall Bucket List (October and November)

1.  Take a day and see the leaves color Nope, there was a single night of hard freeze and everything went bye bye before I could get there
2.   Make two pumpkin related recipes, one not sweet Both sweet, and I will try and post a picture of the chocolate chip pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing on Friday's post
3.   Go to a Pumpkin Patch or Fall Festival Yep, went to the pumpkin fest
4.   Go to a fall/Holiday craft fair Nope, but plans are for this coming weekend
5.   Make a fall holiday decor item for the house Nope, going to make a fall mini wreath to go around a Thanksgiving candle
6.   Go to a fall play or concert Does Cabaret count?
7.   Make at least one new to me fall soup recipe No, but I am planning to make Lasagna soup and or chicken cordon bleu soup in the slow cooker in November
8.  Try a pumpkin spiced Chai or hot chocolate drink (I don't do coffee) Still to do
9.   Have a Halloween Movie night (with only the least scary movies) Not going to get done I expect.
10. Go to a Halloween Tea and with friends and have the fun menu below Been there, done this, and took the pictures
11. Make two scarves or other items for the homeless and donate at Thanksgiving. Stilt to be done in November.




My October Goals List 

1.  Goal of 700 steps or equivalent five days a week on my tracker Gave up the tracker because I'm swimming or using a seated cross trainer, but still not even close
2.  Do strength building three days a week and track on tracker Eh, averaging once or twice a week so this needs more concentration.
3.   Sew quilted ornaments that will be one of my two "small gifts" for the various groups that I am in. In progress but instead or ornaments I am making large mug rugs or candle mats instead or ornys.
4.   Make an appointment for the fall furnace checkup even though we wont need it before late October landlord issue as is fixing the garage door
4.  Make a Christmas baking inventory and needs list to take advantage of sales. Done, the list I mean
5.  Make the master Christmas list of gifts, food and so on. Done, needs fine tuning
6.  Completely finish cleaning and decluttering my bedroom and studio (and then ignore except for basic vacuuming/pickup until after the holidays) Mainly done, bags to go out and so on.
7.  Hire someone to do at least a once a month cleaning. On hold for same reason as below
9.  Clean all the rugs. No, we have an ill dog on her last couple months of living who is taking mega doses of doggie lasix and as such peeing  and having other issues. We aren't entertaining during the holidays so we might as well wait and do what needs to be done later.
10. Complete two hand made gifts Not done
11. Set a goal of $100 earned in rewards and survey earnings and return to the saved savings challenge to add to the spring travel fund Not done, still recovering from wedding issues.

And there you have it.................or not!

4 comments:

  1. Your lists of things to do and have done are always so much more interesting than mine. And yes, Cabaret counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got further along on your list than I did. You're very ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still working on a backlog of goals here. Most of mine are sewing or craft related. The food ones are much easier for me to accomplish.

    Cabaret definitely counts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear of your dog's health issues Barbara. I have dogs now and have had dogs in the past so I know what you are talking about and am glad that you are okay with letting your senior dog live comfortably for now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!