Thursday, March 28, 2019

Changing Gears. Or Is It Seasons?

Today I went to my weekly happy hour, where I had pigs in the blanket in phyllo dough with dips, and deep fried cheesecake bites with various sauces. In fairness, I up til then I had orange juice, Belvita breakfast biscuits,  a couple slices of cheese and some crackers along with my morning caffeine and sugar load. It was also a bit pricier than my normal five dollar or so happy hour fare, but that's why we alternate the cheap. Next week we'll be back to the neighborhood, where a happy hour slider and a drink are five bucks. 

Slightly blurred to protect the innocent, the forefront is a jetted area and the back the exercise pool. Generally kept at 89 to 90 degrees.

I'm going to be making some healthy adjustments next week. In the winter I am one of those "I can't go to the pool because even if I completely shower and dry my hair and wear a coat, I might catch cold". And yes, I know that this is completely illogical. Logic, my friends, is highly overrated sometimes. Now that it's early spring, I feel comfortable either throwing fleece over my wet bathing suit for the five minute drive, or taking off my suit and throwing on undies and fleece-but either way driving home to shower. Like I said, not necessarily logical. Once I'm back in the pool my aerobics will increase.

Along with that, I've gained fifteen plus pounds in the last year-still a good record with that one hundred pound weight loss but  something I want to lose  before said wedding. I may lose more than that, but other than the fifteen I am much more concentrated on the exercise portion these days. Both Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers are calling me, but after a hundred pound weight loss I think I can handle it without a membership or a fee. Its the healthy snacks and lunch (I'm a sandwich girl at heart these days) that are my downfall, not the meals. So tomorrow's big Clicklist shop includes lots of 100 calorie snacks, hard boiled eggs, sugar free jello and pudding and cottage cheese and such-still concentrating more on the carbs than the calories. Lean Cuisine lunches, here I come...........If I wanna eat out more, lean cuisine at home is my price!

I other news, two days ago I packed up my yellow quilt. The one I have shared here on more than one occasion. The one that I was so excited about when I bought fabric and have shared on here via photo more than once. The one I cannot, for whatever reason. get myself to finish. I folded up the big pieces, the small ones that still need to be attached, and folded it into one of those two and a half or three gallon Ziploc bags and put it on a shelf in the closet. 

My patchwork bunny and his future white tail, a wall hanging in progress

Cool and simple, but not exactly a Tank with those sleeves

If only I could decide between the yarns on the lft.

I'm sure I'll return to it, but meanwhile it was holding me back. The same was true of the winter shawl that I was working on. It was time to work on something else. Eventually I'll go back to both when the time is right. If the time is never right, then I will donate the partially made items to a charity.

 Meanwhile, on to "Springier" things. To whit: the Easter wall hanging mini quilt shown above and on my Facebook page, some knitted Easter eggs, that cap sleeve top I talked about (still cannot choose from the shown on the page freeze), Easter baking, and generally spring stuff. And cardigan sweaters instead of jackets. 





And of course, spring would not be spring without a shorter haircut into the mix (while the sidebar pic may not seem obvious, it is at least an inch longer all around and in some places more). I'm not sure this is my desire to be simpatico with my bald headed friend who is undergoing lung and breast cancer treatment, or I just want what my son would call his "summer cut". It's probably the third option-I'm lazy and don't want to do anything except shower, towel dry and run. It works for me.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I've never actually done machine applique before, so this will be what I expect is an imperfect experience!

      Delete
  2. You sure know how to keep your mind and hands busy! I admire that. Your bunny is sweet.

    I can't bring myself to use the pool in the winter either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its wierd isn't it! I didnt realize how much I use my shoulders when I knit. I hadn't knitted in awhile and after the first day my shoulders were killing me.

      Delete
  3. Cute bunny and I love the sweater pattern.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kin of a tank, kind of a sweater. Now to choose the yarn.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE short hair cuts! They are so much simpler to take care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo much easier. My daughter keeps saying "I think you should grow your hair out" and I'm like, eh, I dont think so. I also love the gray it seems much softer, at least on me!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to your yellow quilt experience. I used to force myself to stick with my quilt projects until they were done. By the end, I could barely look at some of them. This was supposed to be something I enjoyed doing! So lately I've been allowing myself to take breaks on projects. And sometimes the breaks turn out allowing me time for creative inspiration on the projects and are the better for it! Kind of background mulling :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very true. My sister does hand quilting and by the time shes done she often gives the quilt away just to have it done. O work on what moves me at the time and eventually things finish...mainly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!