Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Makin' it Monday on Tuesday: Hearts and Pancakes

One of the thing's I've committed to in the past couple of years is that I sew and knit for myself. Occasionally I sew or knit for a family member, but rarely do I bother to commit to a specific day as such-instead of a "birthday shawl", I just give a shawl when it's finished. Occasionally I make an exception for a special event and occasionally I still sell or give something away. But generally I sew when I want to, I don't when I don't and that all works out.

Which is a good thing, because for the past two days, I've done nothing on my little heart mini quilt wall hanging and matching table topper. Nothing, I say! I also did not make heart shaped sugar cookies, but that's not a fail since I decided not to have tempation in the house and instead fill my portion of the gift basket with Valentine kisses or other candy.

The mini table topper unpressed and in progress.......

Sunday I went to church and took my son out to dinner. And yesterday, well yesterday, I did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Except binge watch four episodes of my current Netflix TV shosw(Bordertown, Season 2).  Oh, and then later I watched the world champion edition of America's Got Talent.  And that was pretty much my Monday. No exercise, no sewing, no housecleaning to speak of. According to my little notebook of notebooks, I was supposed to sew hearts. And walk a fast mile and workout with weights. And begin to completely re-organize my room. And yes, write a blog post.  Fortunately, I'm retired, and most of the time the things on that list are, as they say, just a guideline. A guideline ignored yesterday in spades.

I somehow managed to sort my laundry, make a quick batch of sloppy joe's and an angel food cake for my son from a cake mix.  A high energy day, let me tell you. On the one hand I can say I had a completely frugal day with no out of the house shopping, but on the other hand........

Fortunately, I'm okay with the wall hanging not being done or even hung until Wednesday or Thursday, because this is a "hanging of the month" and there is still month left.  I'll make every effort to make up the exercise thing for the rest of the week, and the room organization thing will still be there.

I'm going to need that exercise especially because, well, today's gal's day out was brunch. At the Original Pancake house. Where I had a full order of pumpkin pancakes and sausage and real maple syrup with water and a milk chaser.Three hours later, I'm still full-and thankful that I went off the frugal reservation and bought a deli chicken to have this evening with things (healthy things, mind you) on hand. 

pumpkin pancakes (Original Pancake Photo since I forgot)


Pumpkin pancakes still left after I had my "I haven't eaten since last night" fill and offered to share!

Seriously, look at the size of that omelet, which also came with pancakes and sausage!


Tomorrow, retirement life is somewhat back to normal, whatever normal is around here. I managed to find two large packages of short ribs marked down in the manager's meat sale section and I plan to make slow cooker deviled short ribs. I also have my regular knitting group, and this week we are presenting a Valentine's thank you basket to the staff so I'm bringing the basket, some candies and some painted rocks a friend made for me.

And somehow, I'm gonna get in that two mile walk-or as close as I can get.

8 comments:

  1. Love the heart wall hanging. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look to be spending much of Valentines day finishing it, it seems...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a pleasant day and a break from schedules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm doing more break days than schedule days it seems.

      Delete
  3. We LOVE The Original Pancake House, though we have a rule that we can only go there after a minimum of 10 miles hiking, ha! I'm particularly in love with their Apple Pancake, which I think actually tastes even better out of the fridge the next day. OMG, salivating just thinking about it!

    Short ribs sound absolutely divine, and now you have me thinking that I should pull mine from the freezer and do same this week.

    Over here, it's supposed to begin raining again later in the morning, so we're hoping to get our last fix of outdoors this morning during a hike. Cabin fever is real in S. California this winter, but of course the rain is desperately needed, so it's more good than not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in N. California and seriously have cabin fever, although we are cooking some great food. The struggle is real.

      Delete
    2. Here in Co we have had desperately needed wetness in the form of snow. Fortunately It comes for a day - and inch or tow and then the weather goes back to the fifites. So I am rarely stuck more than one day in the house-and that's mainly my grace and coordination issues.

      Delete
    3. Tamara, I enjoyed the pumpkin pancakes, but I wished afterwards I had ordered something more eggy or perhaps a waffle with eggs, so I'll go back. I'm actually an eggs bennie person, any time, any kind, anywhere...

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!