Tuesday, June 4, 2019

(Sorta) Making it Monday

So on Sunday, I went to bed. And woke up at two am Monday morning. Could not go back to sleep. With milk, with music, after getting up and moving around. 

While I am a restless sleeper, I usually manage to go to bed, in one way or another., after an hour or so of reading. In this case nothing worked, and showing a complete lack of common sense, took a single Benadryl at close to five thirty. Which did little to help me sleep and kept me dizzy and slow moving much of the day. I decided that sewing was probably not a smart move. 
A pattern in progress

fabrics ready to sew

I DID manage to draw the rough background idea for the table runner that I will put under the plants by the window, and cut the strips so that I can get moving. I also decided fresh air and getting out of the house had to at least help (I had my family promise food gig for the homeless until eight at night, and I don't do naps well anyway). So I ran to Joannes to find a backing for my quilt. 


Being me, of course, that was not all I found. I've never been able to turn down fabrics or anything else with flamingos, I loved the succulents with the sun glasses and I grabbed a few other fun fabrics. I also grabbed some Denver team fabrics and terry cloth with the idea of making golf towels. I also got paints, but not just in patriotic colors. I believe I'm going to need to make a fourth of July birdhouse and then a tropical, Hawaiian themed one for the table on the pergola perhaps. The brighter the better.

The good news is that I've begun sewing and painting the birdhouse white as a base. I'm still not sure what to do with the summery fabrics. I'm thinking I need to grab a couple bright colored table cloths and turn these into fun napkins, so I'm on my way!

This afternoon during my ladies lunch break I went to Red Robin. Where I had a Royal Red Robin Burger (with a poached egg, bacon and all the fixing's) and a refillable root beer float. I'm about to work with my weights, walk a little bit, and accept the fact that dinner is pulled pork WITHOUT the bun and fruit and salad and water.

18 comments:

  1. Love those fabrics in the first photo, and those other ones look like they will be fun to work with. I'd love to make napkins. Is it just a matter of sewing two squares of fabric together?

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila, yes I sew two squares together. Leave a he. Turn em inside out. Sew the hole.

      Delete
  2. The fabric with the cactus is so cute and you are off to a good start with the birdhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric with the flamingo in the inner-tube. I have a thing for those pink, birds as well. I'm trying to talk myself into downsizing my sewing machine out of my life. I don't use it much but once it's gone, so is any chance I'll get back into sewing.

    I love how excited you get with your craft projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully admit there are things like paints that I only use once in awhile, but I'm keeping them no matter what. I would keep your sewing machine if only for repairs and home decor stuff, especially if you move

      Delete
  4. All those beautiful colours. I am sure you will be happy with whatever you make.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sunglasses-wearing succulents too! So fun and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Red Robin burgers and their steak fries! Well at least you were productive with your lack of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not been there in like forever! So very good!

      Delete
  7. you gook a benadryl and never feel asleep? You are one tough broad Barb. I would be sleep walking if I took a Benadryl. The fabrics are fun as well as pretty. I so wish I could sew....add to list of things I can't do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, very possibly because by that time of the morning other people were moving in the house and in my head I knew it was almost morning time.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love flamingos And, I am a sucker for a fabric store.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I envy all your hobbies! I am sewing challenged and have never made much to show to others! I have such a tiny space that I'm hesitant to start a hobby that would need any bit of storage (paints or yarn or whatever). My Mom was a big time crafter but had the whole master suite turned into a space just for that! I may try to make a few Christmas items that she used to make ... and teach the boys ... so we have a small handmade something for neighbors and friends! I do still have my hot glue gun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!