Tuesday, May 28, 2019

June's Bucket/Goal List

So here we are, just a few days from June. Around here spring has gone pretty quickly (albeit slightly wetter and cooler, as it has most places), and summer is pretty well upon us. Again, slightly wetter and cooler than normal, but here is Colorado, we won't complain about a little extra rain, since this year we are not a drought zone for the first time in quite awhile. Having said that we're looking at eighty from the weekend onward from what I can see.

Anyway, while I'm looking at a couple fun trips weekend wise over the summer, the plan is to hang and enjoy all the mountains have to offer until the big trip in September. While I have all those pages of things to do and places to explore locally, when it comes to planning I'm more of a month at a time kind of girl. So the list below is half bucket list, half goal list I suppose, for the coming month-a few things I want to do, a couple things I need to do. And so it goes:
  1. Take an in person class and a Utube type class. I normally don't pay much for entertainment (said as I just spent twenty three dollars to see John Wick 3 the other day with the attendant food). But I enjoy the social aspects as well of the challenge. I have yet to decide between a four week "write a legacy to your kids" type of thing, and a one full day table runner class using a skill I have yet to master.  Both?? Utube class still undecided
  2. Go to at least two different farmer's markets/festivals, a local outdoor museum and a local indoor museum. One each week.
  3. Aim for 120,000 steps this month (without worrying about the pace) and twenty minutes of other exercise (Tai Chi, chair yoga, weights) five days a week. The 120 thousand equals six thousand a day five days a week.
    Fabrics for inspiration
  4. Sew something patriotic and craft something patriotic-the crafting will probably be a birdhouse!
  5. Partake in Donna's Saved Savings Challenge. I actually plan to do this all summer in preparation for fall wedding and travel!  I'll start with the "how much I saved" amount on the receipt from this week's big shop. 
    A never used vase at the ready, at least to start with!
  6. Make some upper yard decisions. We're not fixing this cockeyed pergola till the fall (can't decide between covered pergola, she shed or something in between). So I need to make it as pretty as I can meanwhile, by trimming back the vines just a little (I love the privacy), getting at least partially matching covers for the seats, perhaps putting a tabletop heater and deciding on which table the umbrella will go-all for as little money as possible (hello thrift stores and end of season sales). 
    Of course it's a gray day, but you can see the lushness...

    It's been sitting in this corner for weeks, time to decide where to put it, pergola table or patio table!

  7. Make S'mores on the grill and bake sand tarts (not the cookie, more like an egg tart-more later).
  8. My passport expires on the 21st. Get my butt in gear so it can be a renewal instead of a new passport request, dammit!!
  9. Read a non fiction book that isn't a craft or instruction manual.
  10. Spend at least one hour every non rainy day on the swing outside with the dogs-napping, reading, knitting, daydreaming or whatever.
  11. Take a photograph a day using a prompt/list I have yet to pick out. My pictures can use improvement to say the least, so I hope to actually take multiple photos each day.
And there you have it........my goals and to dos for June (beyond the normal).

20 comments:

  1. What a great list. Lots of different things to do. I love your patio table umbrella! It's very colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do to, I grabbed it when it was regularly 109 and on sale for $40.........

      Delete
  2. I love #10. I wish I had a swing so I could at that to my 'to do' list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sliding swing instead of a rope thing but it's still my favorite spot. I just had to pile on a second chair cushion to enable me to push out of it.

      Delete
  3. VERY ambitious list! I need to make a list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one of those write it down or it doesn't get done, and then it still might not get done types.

      Delete
  4. Nice list. I vote that the umbrella go on the patio table.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I do too because all the greenery gives shade in the pergola.

      Delete
  5. Great list! I especially like the idea about going to farmers markets -- so much fun in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, even when they don't have fruits and veggies in much yet.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the shout-out, ma'am. I look forward to hearing your success stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A to-do/goal list for June! I'm still working on May. My 86 yr old mom had a fall >2 mos ago. I came to realize that she was also experiencing some dementia and I had to up my game when it came to care-taking. It seems that not a day goes by that I don't have to tend to some care issue on her behalf in addition to the med administration and food prep. I managed to get the spring work done in between care-taking duties. Bedding plants are waiting patiently to plant in the prepared flower beds. The vegetable garden is planted with help from my granddaughters. It is extremely dry here in NE Alberta. The only good thing is I'm cutting grass every 7-10 days instead of every 4 days. I had an invite to go on a road trip with friends and it struck me that I hadn't made any plans for the summer other than a nephew's wedding. I have to embrace the freedom of retirement and make some plans that don't involve being a caregiver. Thanks for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a caregiver can be exhausting. Maybe you can get help a day or so a week?

      Delete
  8. At the risk of encouraging procrastination, it appears that there is some buffer time (it looks like 5 years if all else complies )for renewing passports:

    Renew my Passport by Mail
    You can renew by mail using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport meets all five of these requirements:

    Is submitted with your application
    Is undamaged (other than normal "wear and tear")
    Was issued when you were age 16 or older
    Was issued within the last 15 years
    Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
    If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you must Apply in Person using form DS-11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Jean, mine is damaged so I may be applying for a new passport.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello...needing an answer from an expert. I am just starting to get ready to quilt something small. Do you pre wash all material prior to quilting so it does not shrink after project is done. Nothing seems to address this that I see on line. Do you feel it is best to wash all fabric and iron so that it is ready for any project, or am I way off? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen. This is one of those, it depends on your preference type of thing and opinons are all over the board. I do NOT wash all fabric. I wash batiks and if it looks like it might bleed (hot pink or bright red) and occasionally a JOannes type fabric if it has a lot of sizing in it and I can feel it. However, I wash in cold and don't dry and I ask all my giftees to do the same........I put this as an ask the quilting readers at some point.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!