Thursday, April 7, 2022

Moving On????

 I’ve been blogging in some location since 2006 when my husband was ill. 

That’s a long time.


 I’ve written about many, many things, many of them more than once.  I’m fairly sure that I have more to say, don’t get me wrong. But I don’t seem to be feeling the urge to come and write.


I told myself that I could just write when I was in the mood, but that mood has been, well, passing me by. I used to have those “I need to write about that” moments. I haven’t had one in awhile. I don’t want to be that repetitive person, and writing once or twice a week about what I have or haven’t done throughout the day is not my style.


On the other hand, blogging is a part of me and I hate to leave.


Because of that not wanting leave bit, I’m not going to say that I’m closing the blog right now. I'll leave it up for me to think on, and for other to view.


I have been writing for a new (as not yet published) blog, articles here and there. Most of them are about making: art, food, and other stuff. A few are about general retirement life. But it’s mainly a maker’s blog and I’m not sure it will fit here. If I publish it elsewhere, I promise I’ll come back and link to it. And to the updated Instagram account.


And if I decide it fits here (with a possible name change), you'll be the first to know.


So for now, I’m going to just leave this here, and see what happens and where.I promise that I will still be following all the blogs, even if I comment rarely. 


I’m among you if only silently.



For now.


Because who knows? I've been back before. And "Making it in Retirement" just might work for a new blog title. ...

21 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed getting to know you through your blog. You're probably the most sensible retired person I read, and admire the life you've built. I think you've earned the right to blog it not, or pursue another hobby. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Right now in at or not phase but we'll see.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your blog, but it's ok to just do what you want. Take care of YOU too. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your years of blogging Barbara! I'll miss not having your blog to read but if you decide to return, I'll check into reading your blog again. Good Luck with the possible new maker's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Still figuring put if it's right for me.

      Delete
  4. I never remove blog links from my reader, so I will be thrilled if I see your name pop up down the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We shall see but it's definitely time to regroup for a bit.

      Delete
  5. I enjoy your blog very much, but I totally get the urge to move on. I've been thinking about it myself, and I've arrived pretty much the same place as you. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need the freedom to not. If I change my mind I can. But Lary I am much more into the doing and life than the writing about doing and life!!

      Delete
  6. I'm grateful that I found your blog a few years ago. Totally understand the need to take a break or even turn one's mind to something else. I'll be here if you chose to post and if not, all the best to you in the future

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so thankful for you and all the dedicated bloggers who share their lives and insights on a regular basis. I also know I couldn't do it myself without it becoming a job. I'll miss you if you stop, but thanks for your years of sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will miss your wise and witty life! But I totally understand. Good luck on your new ventures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn, I hate to see you quit blogging! But I guess I understand getting burned out on writing but I've really enjoyed getting to know you through your travels, transitions and crafting through life. I'm one of those twice a week bloggers that probably should quit but it's such an ingrained part of my routine I'd feel lost without out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just today I had a thing where I though I really need to write about that. But the question will be if there are enough of those moments so I'm gonna give it space

      Delete
  10. Times change and people change as well. Give the blog and you a rest. I have been blogging a very long time as well and lately have been having problems keeping on track and actually blogging (my first blog got eaten by blogger, and I started in 1999 or 2000).

    We will be here if you decide to come back, and probably follow to your new blog if that is what you decide.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your life for so many years. Many loyal fans.

    Wishing you the best wherever life takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful content you've created so far. I've really enjoyed reading about your retired life. Wishing you all the best, & hope you make your way back, if it fits with your life & interest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've enjoyed reading your posts since the old Frugal Living forum 10 or 15 years ago. And your blog has pointed me towards many other bloggers that are interesting and informative. I will miss you but appreciate that the point of owning our own life is to be able to choose the activities that make it worthwhile. Thanks Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Understand, but you're absence will be felt. Be well and stay safe.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!