Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Today

 Trigger warning:  Today's post includes a picture with a large hunk of real meat and copious amounts of sour cream. Vegans and vegetarians upset by such may want to scroll by!

Also, formatting seems to be ignoring me today!


Today I am….


…..learning to be one with the Plantar Fasciitis.  The doctor said something about “give you a shot in the foot” that will “be extremely painful for about seven seconds”. I said no, so I am researching exercises and pain mitigation and all the things. Also back to walking around the house for ten minutes at a time rather than thirty plus outside.

Gotta love Bob and Brad!



…..really wishing Ellen from Medicare Rewards would find someone else to call. No matter how many times I block a number, she finds another way into my voicemail.


…..exploring further air fryer recipes. The first two meals (hamburgers and the baked potato and thin ribeye shown below) were successes in the extreme although I had to add a couple minutes time on each.  Yes, for the record, I do think sour cream is it’s own food group. But I feel the same about spinach.




….Cleaning out my closet after adding a few new things to the mix, tunic wise. Spring is in Texas and I’m behind on my basic clothing replacement shopping.  The things I’m pulling to make room for these will go into my recycle/upcycle bin and hopefully I will find creative uses for them.




….taking a break from my two big quilting projects (the Alice in Wonderland quilts and a Tshirt quilt) to try out colors for three little landscape quilts and a mini beach house wall hanging. I still need some sky choices and I have all the beaches and pretties to put on them once the basic sewing is done. Fabric is all pieces (some already cut) from previous projects that were in the scrap bin by color. I took these pics when my phone was in night mode so they are all soft rather than brigh and clear. Sigh.


Once finished and sky added I see button rocks and cacti on top

I love this and it may be project one


I forgot I had this small piece of sunflowe fabric and had to use it.

I really cannot decide between aqua and blue water here


…..looking forward to the weekend which will include an afternoon of Irish music at my local wine bar, perhaps trying out another breakfast locale, and church and post church social. Maybe a pedicure at the end of the week if I can feel comfortable that she’ll take me at my word when I say to make that foot and leg massage on the extremely gentle side. I’ve placed myself directly in the “I’ll generally use common sense but it’s time for life to move on” crowd. Admittedly I am three times injected and live in an area with about a 70 percent vaccination rate.


…..looking ahead to patio planting and decor. In theory the last freeze should be around the 15th, but I’m aiming to have plants bought and hung and hopefully new patio cushions closer to the first.


And finally, I’m preparing to have a good ole egg salad sandwich for lunch, even if it means that potato will have to wait for another day while I have the rest of my steak. Egg salad (hard boiled eggs), is one of the things I don’t “do” well, and my sister did for me. So when I see egg salad in the deli, I grab it. Please don’t send me your tips. I have, literally, tried every method known to man. Every method.


And then I’ll get outside for a while, even if I can’t walk as such!

21 comments:

  1. Had Plantar Fasciitis years ago and he is right, that shot hurts like the dickens. I kept it to a long groan but the guy in the next room I thought was going to hit the podiatrist. Then he took a form of my foot and had rather expensive orthotics (insoles) made which I now go no where without. Zero pain since. Don't walk barefoot. Trust me it works. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my ince a year Medicare shows with insoles coming but honestly I wear asiics and sas shoes that I think are just as well. I'm going the self care and PT method rather than the shots for now.

      Delete
  2. I've had plantar fasciitis. My doc never offered a shot but taped up my feet for 2 weeks. I might have taken the shot. One PT insisted on very stiff insoles. As a charge nurse, when I ran once for a Code Blue, I had to waddle. That was it. I was more comfortable barefoot or wearing my thick Teva flip-flops (Mush II model if you want to try them.) I exercised my foot, let it bend like it's supposed to, got very flexible light-weight walking shoes (Propet Travelers) and have had no problems, along with the bump on the bottom of my feet almost disappearing! Listening to body is good.
    Be careful with the Voltaren. It's double the strength in Canada. It really does mean to not use on shoulders, back or neck. I got a headache, even though I know some nurses use it on their backs.
    Voltaran is also an NSAID, so avoid if you aren't supposed to use them.
    Hot paraffin foot and hand soaks are nice for minimizing some pain. I got an electric tub at WalMart or Bed, Bath & Beyond years ago and love it. Good for my arthritis per my orthopaedic doc, especially since I can't use NSAIDS anymore.
    Send warm weather to K.C. We're supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow tonight. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I have to be careful with the Voltaren because I take aspirin 324s times two. I only use it on my knees and leg an lightly. I must have it bad cause walking us excruciating especially in the morning. I never go barefoot and have asics and sas shoes for now so we'll see how I do.

      Delete
  3. God, you dinner plate looks yummie! I get some great meals here but I miss getting a big portion of meat like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it very rarely but I just needed my steak.

      Delete
  4. The doc can't give you a topical anesthetic for the shot in the foot? Like the dentist does before she gives you novocaine ... or my doc does before he sticks me with the needle for my cortisone shot? Anyway, hope it feels better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the heel in the back and will be just under the bone. Also as I understand it the stuff hurts like shit going in. So I'll work with exercise and self care and see how I do.

      Delete
  5. I found rolling a firm ball under my foot a huge help for plantar fascitis. I understood why at the time but all I remember is that it helped at least as much as the physio stretches. Might be worth a try :-). Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shot I get in my knee does not hurt for 7 seconds, more like 2 seconds. I was told they put a pain reliever in with the cortisone shot so it will not hurt. I like that system! I have no idea what was wrong with the bottom of my heel, but going barefoot made my foot worse. My SAS Mystic sandals keeps my foot from hurting. I do the low groans, too. I hope it gets all better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not cortisone and unlike the knee where they have an open spot to inject this goes directly into the heel and foot.thanks!

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the plantar fasciitis. Hopefully it clears up soon and without that nasty shot.

    The fabrics are all lovely and I look forward to seeing the finished products. As for the weather, we're weeks away from spring here - I live vicariously through those of you who can be out and planting this early!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can freeze a bottle of water and roll it under your affected foot while watching TV. It helped mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had plantar fasciitis and like you said no to the shot. I cut back on walking, iced my feet, did the rolling a ball under them thing, stretching before getting up and they got some better but a new pt tech told me to try never walking bare foot, even to the bathroom in middle of night, but using a good orthotic in good shoes. I was wearing Asics at the time. I got a good orthotic in my shoes and loosened the laces so I could slip them on to toddle to the bathroom as needed. It worked for me. I did that for about a year and them could walk barefoot etc. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't walk barefoot because of my type two already so I'm using asicsxand SAS. I'm starting to do most of the other things

      Delete
  10. Hope your feet are causing you fewer problems today.

    I really like all those fabrics and I am looking forward to seeing the finished projects.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a constant issue but I've been researching self treatments.

      Delete
  11. Gosh! 7 seconds is a long time. You have to put me out for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OUCH our aching feet! I have slip on Vionic slippers and I wear them everywhere inside. Mainly to avoid Legos and such but also Type2. Are the Medicare shoes usable? I haven't done that yet. It's tough for me to tie my own shoes ....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!