Saturday, December 18, 2021

At Last!!!! I'm Back!!!

 So it seems this worked. Please comment on any formatting or spelling of size or other issues. Trying to make things readable without being to large! I'm so happy to be "fixed".


This, my friends, is a test of the emergency broadcast system.  A test of future plans to deal with the mess that is my technology if you will. I also wanted to let you all know where I’ve been and what’s kept me away.

 A large part of the absence is the technology issue mentioned below-and hopefully properly explained. But I’ve also reached that time when I wanted to seriously rather than casually evaluate time spent, and interest, and writing topics and to just decide if the blog should continue. How it should continue, assuming the below tech issues are resolved. I’m not comfortable just writing when I feel like it-I feel the need of some kind of schedule. And I want a little more direction if you will. Just writing about my day or week is also not my style. Obviously, assuming this test works for me. I’m here again to stay. To start with, I plan to blog on whatever moves me one day a week. At the end of the week I’ll have a blog in the money/frugal/sustainability type sphere, and somewhere in between if nothing else a photo only blog. Hopefully you will like what happens.


Now, let me share with you my woes. You see for years, I did not have a laptop. I used a tablet with an attached keyboard case (a large fire) and a phone. As often happens over time, the keyboard case died and I decided at least for now not to replace it but to use my fire just as a reader and keep it flat.  I can still get another one down the road but they are like sixty bucks and I figured I didn’t need one since my kids got me my own laptop (thank you kids). Unfortunately, when said kids set up the laptop for me, they created a brand new gmail address for the laptop in my name. Which shouldn’t be a problem, right?


Except. Blogger is under another gmail address, and no matter what I do (and I have done everything possible), it will not allow me to switch so I can access the blog on the tablet.   In every single other application or website, I can choose between the new one and the old one (including my drive and youtube and photos and all kinds of things). Blogger, being blogger, will not let me do that. It simply doesn’t change to my old gmail address under any circumstances. Which leaves me with two options. The first is typing on my phone (nope) and the second is typing this missive in google docs, reopening it on the tablet where I am the old gmail address and then copying and pasting. We’ll know if this works when I’m done here, and how much effort that takes. I’m assuming once I get everything down, that I will love typing on the laptop and editing and it will be easy to just copy and paste and add photos.  Again, we’ll see. If not, I won’t be getting a keyboard for the tablet until mid January at earliest so we’ll see what other solution we’ve got. This could be fun.


Assuming this works, believe me when I say I have plenty to share. Health news and experiences, fun stuff about my apartment community, new groups I have joined, stuff I have been making and rescuing and piles of works in progress that I have photographed as well as some finishes. Just to start with.


And of course we have to talk about that new one (virus I mean) just like the old one. What was that TV line about “just when you think it’s safe to go out of the house?”







19 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I would like for technology to be as simple in reality as I think it should be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And ots the seemingly smallest things that derail you.

      Delete
  2. I never, ever comment ( I’m a shy lurker!) but have to say I have really missed your posts. Glad you’re back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope things work out for you. Reading your blog always inspires me. I love your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This seems to have worked fairly easily, so I hope we're a go.

      Delete
  4. Glad you are back! Don't you love technology and hate it at the same time. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the font style, color and size is perfect for me. Glad you're back. I've missed your crafty posts and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! I hope someone somewhere can figure out what is going on with Blogger. I have separate blogs and two different e-mail addresses. Long story that I won't get into. I never have a problem toggling between the two.
    I wonder if it is because you are signed in on your laptop to the new address so it won't allow you to sign into another? Can you sign out of it, and then try signing in on your old address? Just a thought and no idea if it might work. Good luck!
    I sure hope, even it is more work, that you will continue to blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should work. But I've done it a million times and no way.

      Delete
  7. Seems to be working fine Barb, glad you are back. Now I have three emails, and the Blogger one is not the gmail one or the main one for my laptop. If by some odd reason I sign out of blogger (something I don't do very often) I just use the password and email that are assigned to blogger. My other emails have nothing to do with it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno why it's doing this to me. I'm tried everything so I'll just have to deal.

      Delete
  8. So glad you're back! We missed you muchly...maybe a bit worried as well. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! I know what you mean about technology. If it weren't for my techie son, I wouldn't get anything done with my computer. Am looking forward to all your news.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see you back. Advice? Larger typeface and shorter paragraphs to make it easier to read. More about your friends and works in progress because they are interesting. And we always like to hear about health problems, because we can identify. Have a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are back Barb. Enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!