Thursday, August 5, 2021

Hmm. Goals?

 I've obviously been lazy this summer and have been lucky to get a post a week going, but although it's still August I'm slowly moving back into the regular posting zone. I have a more than a few posts planned, including joining in on a "What's on my Bookshelf" post towards the end of the month. 

What's really on my bookshelf at this moment is A Little Life. But I gotta tell ya, right now it's just sitting there, ya know? May be to visceral for me  right now!

Meanwhile, in an effort to get myself in a little bit of gear, here are a few goals that will keep me sort of on target. I honestly expect that these are really August/September goals with my lack of attention to detail and my ability to dabble hours away!

1. Financially, up my casual income (read selling stuff and doing online research) from two hundred to three hundred dollars a month by the beginning of September

2. Healthwise, as 70 approaches, I'm finding that my bend and reach and stretch abilities are going down hill separate from my knee, so I'm adding a stretch routine at least four times a week-especially for my arms. My left shoulder hurts when I reach for the sky, although that may also still be the side effects from my ever so very overdue Shingrix shot.  Also, to go back to wearing a mask inside at crowded stores, well, because!

3. Blogging: Be back to blogging at least two days if not three by September one, concentrating on age related health and other adjustments, lifestyle stuff and frugal retirement stuff.

4. Enrichment wise, as of today Olli (senior college) will be in person this fall, so I need to be signed up and registered in the next two weeks. Also I have been invited to teach two "classes" (the kind of things they have at pubs and wineries where you sip and make..whatever) so I'm brainstorming those.

5. House: completely rearrange my sewing room. I'm praying I can do this myself, but if I can't son in law will come to, move the large  sewing table away from the window (after all that) so I can set up a little photography space in the light.

6. Family: Drive to Colorado to see the other half since it's almost been a year and take a side sightseeing trip along the way to Caprock Canyon and the Highway of Legends in Colorado. Also I think my daughter's planning something huge for the 70th so I'm not sure if I should pretend to be surprised or ask what I can do, lol.

7. Spiritual: Increase my centering prayer time (five minutes of complete silence and emptiness) from five minutes a day to ten minutes a day, and get back my Bible reading-I now know that I can ask Alexa to read the chapter and just listen. Who knew.

My photo of the day (week): I have this pottery bowl full of dead flowers that have turned to straw on my patio table. But I haven't had the heart to dig them out since a friend has made their home inside the pot. Every time I water it he (she?) just jumps to the side and then settles back in. So I can't destroy his/hers/their home just yet.



18 comments:

  1. Some big goals there that sound like you have chosen your direct for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably do half of them, but at least it's some direction!

      Delete
  2. An ambitious list. I'm a believer in setting goals. Even if we don't accomplished them all we accomplish more with a list than without one. At least that's true for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I admit they won't all happen but at least it's something to work with, lol

      Delete
  3. Those are great goals. You're brave to travel to Colorado with the variant still going on but as you say it's been a long time since you've seen your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, I'm not afraid of travel as such. I've decided that I've reached my limit in hunkering down. If I need to wear a mask or carry wipes I'll do so, but I won't limit some things.

      Delete
  4. I'm happy to read you again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm happy to slowly be blogging again!

      Delete
  5. Cut off the dead flowers and you may generate new blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I will try that. All my other flowers are great but these are actually the early summer flower saved and put in the bowl so if I do have to let them go I will.....after I give the grasshopper fair warning!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Probably too ambitious for my lazy self but there you are.

      Delete
  7. You're too kind to the grasshopper. I'm not a fan of bugs if you can't tell.
    Your list is far more ambitious than any I would come up with. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's just that every time I water he jumps out and back in..I have no fear of grasshoppers.

      Delete
  8. I admire how you continually set goals. Large and small. I might try doing some surveys at home for spending money, since I have no hobbies!

    Or I could continue to procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goals are usually pretty simple in retirement with a few projects thrown in here and there. It is very different than setting goals in the workplace.....and much better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!