Saturday, May 29, 2021

Break's Over!! A Quick Catchup!

 Well hello there!  First do me a favor and check out the new subscription box on the top right. Let me know if you have any issues doing it, confirming email, or getting a new post which will come out on Monday or Tuesday. Assuming it works I still won't delete the feedburner thing still until it's died it's  own death. I will try to adjust the look of the box and the font as I am able. If any other bloggers have a recommendation that they love, please tell me today before everyone jumps into this one. 

Spring break from the blog is finished. I figure I was making up for my normal Lenten shut down and this wasn't quite as long as that. Nothing exciting happened mind you, just a brief tech break at large. I had meant to post that I was doing so and forgot. I'll be around to catch up on all.your blogs this weekend!

I do have a bunch of things to share and talk about.  Meanwhile here are but a few Saturday thoughts off the top of my head for your reading pleasure until normal blogging returns in the new week.

  • My patio is mainly done-except for the decor part. I've wavered on the privacy screen but I'm on the first floor and I prefer the openness and the ability to chat with folks if the walk by on the sidewalk eight feet across the grass from my railing. If that changes, or when the heavy wind season comes, then I may make that jump. So far all the plants are living and I need a few more. My flamingos are now at home, one on each end!
  •  I've decided to embrace day dresses, sometimes also known a nap dresses. I've always been a "skirts are really cooler when it's hotter than crap" type of gal after l my years living in various swamp lands (talking to you, Washington, DC). Mind you, these are not your mama's house dresses and when worn properly can be worn to the grocery if needed. But at home time is comfy time man. And yes, voluptuous or no, I have been known to go braless at home (after working out, obviously).
  • I know prices are going up, but I haven't seen any huge issue yet for me as such, except for gas and some chicken shortages here and there. Admittedly  I'm usually shopping sale meats and such and throwing them in the freezer. Still, I feel like I should be doing a little more "prepping" financially and otherwise. Even though I really live in non disaster area (aside from Hell Freezing Over).
  • Now that things are opening up, I had a brief thought about something like my group in Colorado.  Very brief, and I put it aside. I'm the new girl here. And besides that, my goal is to not have weekly commitments as such but instead open myself to saying yes to more monthly and spur of the moment things depending. I'm really getting back into sewing and stuff and need more nesting at home time than I had before.
  • It in no way impacts his complete asshole status overall, but my governor is looking pretty good these days regarding the mask thing. Granted that was because businesses and people in general took responsibility for themselves (am I sounding like one of THOSE people here???). But his eliminate the mask mandate was successful, and there was no surge. His goal is to not have any government entities requiring masks past the start of the summer. We'll see if he remains a hero or goes back to zero.
  • I've spent seven months being unaware that the ceiling vent in the living room/dining area of my apartment was barely open. Obviously the place must be well insulated because I did not particularly notice an issue in the winter. It wasn't until I figured out that the bedroom was five degrees cooler than I was on my couch that I actually did the research. 
  • I got fabric. Alice in Wonderland fabric. As soon as I get all the American Decor sewn and up on my FB page, it will be time to make something with this-a quilt for my 66 year old sister who loves the book, especially all the drawings no matter the artist.  

  • I've been using my mask "as needed". I wear it into groceries and stores and doctors offices, if only because I'm not sure I'm not carrying germs to the vaccinated. But I have been unmasked in my small church (with everyone spread out). I've enjoyed out door patio seating and a couple indoor experiences, and am just taking things as they go. Tomorrow is said church, lemon meringue pie and tea, and stop off at the soft opening of a new bookstore (we actually have both a large independent used books store and now an independent new bookstore with coffee shop and seating).
One last thing. This is my gentle annual reminder that while it's never inappropriate to thank a Veteran, Memorial Day is to remember those who gave their lives. Veterans Day is the time to remember the living, and I suppose Armed Forces day is to remember the serving. Either way, it's not just a holiday.

19 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you did the subscription thing on your own. I have a new one too but I hired someone to do it for me.

    Love the Alice in Wonderland fabrics! You're never too old for that theme. A few years ago I threw myself an "Alice" birthday party. Can't wait to see what you do with that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I did it right. Setting it up.is a one step.process once I chose the mail service. Yes I'm loving the fabrics as well.

      Delete
  2. Love that fabric.

    I will be spending the next few days rethinking what I need to do to simplify and organize my life.

    As we still have health orders here in Canada (my province) I will be wearing a mask for the foreseeable future.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canada does seem.to begin the thick of it right now.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back. I “subscribe” to everyone’s blog indirectly, using Feedly, so created a blog roll (including yours, of course) and I get all updates for the blogs I read in one place. Easy Peary.

    Saddybear
    Www.Idleeyesandadormy.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I still don't really know how it all works so I just fake it.

      Delete
  4. I kept wondering when you were coming back. I still wear a mask before the mandate was lifted and still am not going out to eat. I will subscribe to your email posts to see if it works for you. But, I prefer to wander around looking for people, obviously, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't wear a mask when we're out walking and don't pass anybody close by. I do wear a mask going into stores or enclosed areas. I'm looking forward to the day when more people are vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am as well. But in my area we seem.to have a fairly high number

      Delete
  6. Glad to see a new entry today!! I enjoy your blog and your adventures.I have also cut back on weekly commitments.I don’t have the same feeling about things as I did pre Covid.. I seem to be doing a slow re entry. I am not comfortable in real crowded places,such as our local downtown district where people are overflowing the sidewalks and restaurants.. but I do enjoy my library, the local parks and river for recreation with my husband.I do have a weekly art meetup group but 2 weeks ago, everyone got off on talking about illness,surgeries, spouses health issues and I came home a bit depressed so I skipped this past week. I guess I am a bit over sensitive right now,still. Next week my hubby and I are doing a “staycation” and will try to find some not too crowded restaurants, play some miniature golf, and go swimming in the river,for a little break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going atva slower place and glad that until it gets too hot I can mainly do things at will.

      Delete
  7. The Alice in Wonderland fabric is gorgeous! I love the colors.

    Canada has focused on getting first doses into arms and we're getting there, with second doses being made available now in some provinces (mine included though I don't meet the age requirement as yet.) I suspect masks will be around for some time yet - I know I'll wear them when travelling.

    Enjoy your outing today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too..I'm glad to see Canada catching up with the vaccine

      Delete
  8. Welcome back! Yeah, we're on an "as needed" basis for masks as well. We're taking a plane trip soon, and I'm glad they're still requiring masks at airports and on planes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Barb,where do you find nice day dresses for summer? A catalogue?Can you share? I love a nice summer dress for around the house and patio—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends..I ll share somedtuff this week.

      Delete
  10. I entered my email address in the new box but I’m not sure if it worked. After clicking on the button, I got a cryptic message about captcha. Hope it worked!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!