Friday, September 18, 2020

Five for Friday - and a Sad Day

Although I have not mentioned it THAT often here,  our little white dog has had serious chronic health issues for some time. Heart problems which led to breathing problems, Doggie Crohn's disease-she was on heart meds, Lasix, and pain meds.  It had been painful to listen to the breathing for awhile, but she was still barking at the mail man, eating her food and still following her mommy around. Her mom had pretty much decided that she would know when she would know And she was right. In the past two days she had multiple seizures, where she literally "fell out" and was splayed on the ground, in between times of just lying around. It was time.  So this morning I and our dog (who I am sure is totally confused-or maybe not, as long as she's been ill), said goodbye to her for the last time. There is good news in this sad story in that my sister has been off work and able to spend as much time as she needed and wanted with her pup. And also, because of Covid, dog and owner spent their last minutes together outside in a courtyard in the grass instead of inside an office. I'm sure another dog will enter our (their) lives, but it will probably take awhile.



Meanwhile, Five Friday Things (written mainly before our sadness)

1. I'm feeling just a bit out of sorts or at loose ends.  I had kinda planned on keeping my machine out and sewing table working and move around it, but that didn't work too well. At the moment said machine is sitting in on the "this stuff will go in my car" shelf in my bedroom and all the sewing stuff has been left out. Obviously I have knitting to keep me busy during the down times, and I even left out some cards and materials to stamp with, but sewing is my jam. And I do at least a little bit almost every day.  Plus, it's fall and I have all these plans for projects.  Maybe if I get fully packed early I'll pull the darned thing out. Not all the boxes are sealed, or ready to be sealed.

2.  I've given up on the getting the freezer thawed before I go plans. Certain other people (and me on occasion), keep buying food instead of using the darned thing up. I'll leave that for them to deal with once I am gone and do the best I can meanwhile to pull out stuff I bought and use it. Like the thin cut pork chops, stew meat and chicken thighs. Tonight I suspect our collective mood is going to result in frozen Lasagna or Red Robin Burgers.

3. I am tired of putting things on the corner and giving a call out to Next Door or dragging things to the car, so I arranged for a pickp from the veterans on the 9th. Meanwhile one part of my bedroom will be donation bag/box express, but I can live with that just to haul it out on one day.

4.  I live in a battleground state, epecially at the Senate level. We are one of those "Likely to go blue and turn the senate" elections. And the reason I'm not moving October first is solely so that I can vote somewhere my vote will count as opposed to somewhere it won't.  But the ads my friends, the ads. Last night we watched Jeopardy and yes, we do usually record it. There must have been twelve ads easily for each candidate in each commercial.  Never mind the ads on my youtube workouts, spamming all of my social media and everywhere else. I usually record most things but from now on if it ain't DVR'd I am done. And that includes Jeopardy and Brother vs Brother!  


5.  I have two books ready at the same time. Now I get to decide whether to jump into the Pillars of the Earth prequel (something that starts at 900 CE is my speed), or the new Catherine Counter FBI novel.  My current alternating TV list are the Sommerdahl Murders on Acorn, and Away on Netflix. I really need to start watching The Boys but I'm waiting till the whole season is there on Amazon so I can just sit and watch. And I'm still working on my music lists and adding to it starting with this list for more ideas. Yes, I am into serious Rock and Blues music.  More than most of my readers, it seems!

25 comments:

  1. Love your music choices!! I seem to have missed that Ken Follett wrote a prequel. Will put that on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a miracle i never believe there is cure because my doctor tested me HSV 2 positive and she told me there is no cure, i’m very happy today that i’m having a free life without this sickness, i can remember some months ago when i was crying all through the night and day that i can’t get cured from this sickness, i found this herbal man email on internet when i was doing research on cure for HSV 2 i contacted him to found out if i can get help from this sickness, i was so surprise when he told me that he have the herbs cure to it and he sent me the herbal in less down 4 days i was so happy when i get someone giving me hope that he can cured me i took the herbal for just 2 weeks, when i went for test after taking the herbal i found out that i am cured i was so happy and surprise, i want to use this opportunity to inform you that there is cured to HSV 2 you can also contact him for his help as soon as possible so that you can get rid of this sickness once and for all you can reach him through this email: DRAZIEGBE1SPELLHOME@GMAIL. COM or and you can also call or whatapp him now +2349035465208. You can also contact him on any sickness in this he all have the herbal cure to it
      .HIV.HEPATITIS.ANTHRAX.HPV.CANCER.ALS

      Delete
  2. I like the songs I recognize, so I imagine I would like the ones I don't recognize. Those I might know, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is broken. Pets, and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, should live forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should. I can honestly say this one had an almost perfect life.

      Delete
  4. Loved the Summerdahl Murders and I am pretty sure you will as well. I really need to watch The Boys.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always hard to lose a four-legged friend.

    That is ONE GOOD playlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them I have, some I don't. When I finalize mine I'll have Rock and blues. Soft songs, modern classic, classic classic and oldies. Obviously many will overlap! Yes we are sad, and the other dog confused.

      Delete
  6. That is a beautiful portrait photo of the little white dog and her friend, and sad to lose her, but it was her time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really hard to put a pet put down, no matter how sick. Sounds like the timing was good and the setting as perfect as one can make it. Love that photo!

    Thank you for staying where you are at long enough to vote where your vote will count. I really hope we can turn the senate, especially now when RBG will need to be replaced. Hopefully, Mitch won't be able to do if before the next senate is in place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sympathies on the passing of the little white dog. It is so hard on the pet parents but knowing that the dog was cared for and loved right to the end can bring solace later once the grief is lessened.

    Glad you're hanging in, and hopefully your state does go blue. It was shock to hear of RBG's death yesterday and I fear IQ45 with his co-operative Senate will push through a choice before the election. It's worrisome, even as I watch from Canada.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our governeor and one of our senators is blue, hopefully the other one will turn over.

      Delete
  9. I am sorry about the loss of the beloved fur baby.
    I read the song list and Long Cool Woman is one of my all time favorite songs. Great listening on the entire list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for you and your family's loss of a beloved pet. I have Ken Follett's latest as a hold at the library...15 weeks wait! Thankfully plenty of other books (and holds that will come available) to read in the meantime.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will miss her, she had a really great life. I'm breaking dowwn and buying the kindle book

      Delete
  11. I'm so sorry. Pups are such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you like Davenport's playlist, you will likely!e Gary Clark Jr., who is, incidentally from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry about your pup.It is never ever easy.They just take up so much room in our hearts!! Will be following you as you move.. it’s a huge process,isn’t it!!?? Glad you’re getting your vote in where it counts..Arizona is also on the edge of BLUE.. here’s hoping!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossing my fingers, Corey Gardner is an asshole (its my blog, I can say that).

      Delete
  14. what a miracle i never believe there is cure because my doctor tested me HSV 2 positive and she told me there is no cure, i’m very happy today that i’m having a free life without this sickness, i can remember some months ago when i was crying all through the night and day that i can’t get cured from this sickness, i found this herbal man email on internet when i was doing research on cure for HSV 2 i contacted him to found out if i can get help from this sickness, i was so surprise when he told me that he have the herbs cure to it and he sent me the herbal in less down 4 days i was so happy when i get someone giving me hope that he can cured me i took the herbal for just 2 weeks, when i went for test after taking the herbal i found out that i am cured i was so happy and surprise, i want to use this opportunity to inform you that there is cured to HSV 2 you can also contact him for his help as soon as possible so that you can get rid of this sickness once and for all you can reach him through this email: DRAZIEGBE1SPELLHOME@GMAIL. COM or and you can also call or whatapp him now +2349035465208. You can also contact him on any sickness in this he all have the herbal cure to it
    .HIV.HEPATITIS.ANTHRAX.HPV.CANCER.ALS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!