Thursday, March 26, 2020

Wednesday Week 2-Nothing Happening

The spell check has disappeard from blogger, and I have a touchy keyboard. Please have patience with my spelling..........

While some might think that I am blessed to have two others in this house during the pandemic (albeit two working others), and I do appreciate that company so much, I am convinced that the two things that actually keep me sane and grounded are that I have hobbies and things I like to do at home and I have my pets.  I've read a few blogs today about what people have learned from the pandemic and two of them say " I'm going t get some hobbies I can do at home". Even though in the normal world I have social enagements and church, there are always things that I like to do at home and that I can do and that keeps me grounded.

Our state is now in lockdown or under what the governor calls a "stay at home order". How many people are actually paying attention I am not sure. It may take some reminders and general reinforcement.There are (to me at least) way too many exemptions, and too maany people outside in the same general area. I have stopped walking outside  and moved my exercise indoors because I have had one to many kids on bikes totally ignore distancing and actually come up close to me (a 55 plus location is looking better all the time).

I did absolutely no exercise whatsoever today, not a stretch even. I will need to make up for that tomorrow by doing my forty minute sit stand and move routine along with some walking. I did manage to get some minor sewing done, some applique on my landscape quilt and some echo quilting on my easter bunny along with the knitting. Other than that and some serious diving into my current book, and that's my day. The sewing time lasted less than an hour and I have decided  if I am going to be in this house possibly until May first that I MUST have a new good chair, and will order it tomorrow. 




I spent an hour outide in the swing in the sun, tomorrow is supposed to be rain and possible hail with cooler weather and I wanted to soak it up so it would last me a couple days. 

As I sit on my swing with the still brown grapevines, you can see the purple and lavender Crocus further down the yard.


I know that some restaurants are suffering but my son's seems to be doing a steady takeout business. Whether it's gonna be steady enough to stay open I dunno. They do the regular menu and then have some family type meals that they are making like large pans of mac and cheese and pasta carbonara. Our governor has also loosened the liquor laws. Restaurants can sell wine, beer, and booze as long is it is in a sealed container (which in their case has meant large orders of mason jars). On the one hand, I'm not sure take away food is a need (although either is a full service laundry which is still open) but I appreciate the state's desire to keep at least some restaurant employees working and companies in business.

Dinner is Costco boneless ribs cooked in the oven withe sides (cooked by someone else) and homemade brownies (also cooked by someone else). And then reading in bed, cause I still haven't chosen a new show to watch.

Oh, and I alo think I am going to jump back into Ancestry.com as I work more on my photo memorabilia,

12 comments:

  1. I don't know if take away food is a need (although perhaps for those on the front lines it is) but if it helps keep some employees afloat I'm all for it. We are going to start getting some just to help our favorite businesses out and to reduce our need to go to the grocery store. That chair looks very ergonomic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. I'll have to order it in death that son can help me get out the box, bring in and sanitize at the same time.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your interesting blog. I felt bad when you had given it up for Lent. And I feel bad the situation is why you started again.

    Its so engroassing to read your family updates and your daily life.

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish I could have remain reckless for lent but circumstances change.

      Delete
  3. I agree with your comment that hobbies are a great diversion during this time of stay@home. I can only watch so much television.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that chair! I need on too. I hope your son's restaurant is able to stay open.

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although our freezer and pantry are stuffed full, I am considering using a delivery service like Grubhub for occasional dinners, not because we need the food, but to help keep people employed and restaurants in business. If I go that route, whoever leaves the food on my front porch will get a generous tip. They need the support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My normally anxious daughter is in overdrive. Leaves nonperishable food items in car for two days to hope germs die. Wiping down everything else. Won't let the boys get the mail. No longer reads anything to do with the virus. Cooking takes her mind off things, so we are all reaping that benefit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bring our groceries and put the bags on the kitchen floor. we wipe down EVERYTHING including cans and boxes and bread wrappers. Statistically the mail is not a problem. we also sanitize common areas especially all knobs and switches at least twice a day as well as using the dishwasher as exclusively as we can. But we have people working out of the house and coming in.

      Delete
  7. I feel lucky no one is going in and out of our home. But I will religiously wipe down my grocery order on Sunday when it is delivered..I will set up a clean and dirty side on my kitchen island like in that video.I am trying to have enough of everything so that I can go with NO DELIVERIES of any kind for 3 weeks..that is when we expect things to peak here in Az. especially since our Gov. will not put us on lock down. We have not ordered food for delivery-- way too many hands gonna be touching that food..a and containers.. and the delivery drivers? Who knows? I am soo sorry for what is happening in the economy but I want as few possibilities f getting this thing as I possibly can. My mouth is watering for RUBIOS tacos today--so I am gonna make some bean burritos for lunch. Stay safe and cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your comment about too many people outside really resonated with me. Here in the East, they're actually having to shut down the Appalachian Trail because the parking lots and shelters are overflowing. The trail has been setting single day usage records! It's hard to believe so many people just don't grasp the seriousness of the situation. Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to use this medium to let everyone know that Herpes Simplex Virus has a complete and Permanent cure and that Dr Razor Herbal Medicine is the solution. I was Diagnosed with Herpes Virus type 1 in January 16, 2015, I have made several Research Hoping to see a true Cure or Healer, Fortunately for me i saw on a blog site how Dr Razor has been saving different lives and marriages with his herbal medicine, At first i did not believe but on a second thought, i decided to give him a try, I contacted him and he assured me of a cure, he prepared the herbal medication for me, which i took for 18 days, he told me to go for a medical check up, could you believe that i was confirm Herpes type 1 Negative after the test, and i went to a different hospital and it was also Negative, I became very happy and decided to write my appreciation article about this Good man. If you are battling with this same Infection or you know of a person who is infected with any disease like Herpes, HIV, Cancer, Syphilis, Hepatitis A,B,C, all types of Cancer, Gonorrhea, life's problems that you might have etc. kindly Reach out to Doctor Razor on Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com. Whatsapp/Call him on +2349065420442. You can Also Visit His website : https://drrazorherbalhome.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome . My Sincere Gratitude to you Sir, God will surely Keep you safe from harms way. Please share so Other lives can be saved

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!