Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Wednesday Week 2-The Best Laid Plans

Not a Covid 19 issue but awhile back (I think I mentioned this), my executive office chair broke (rather, will not go into the higher seating postions). I've been trying to use my rolling walker as a seat in it's place until I get a better alternative, aka the perfect chair.  It's not working at all for sewing, although I CAN use it for cutting fabric and some other things. I'll be ordering  a new good quality chair at the beginning of April, but meanwhile my sewing room plans are on hold-because not only does is it not a comfortable sit long term, but if you've ever actually sat in one of those walkers, the side to side circular movement? Not so great.

I may pull out the large breakfast in bed table I got from my kids to use for things such as photo sorting and such, but between now and then I expect I'll be doing a bit more of the knitting and reading stuff, which is fine.  We'll let relaxation be the rule of the week. I figure it's fine to use this as down time.

Today I:

  • Walked for twenty-five minutes or so and did about twenty minutes of upper arm strength training with weights.
  • Sat outside in the sun for at least an hour and a half with the dogs, knitting sometimes and just chilling and soaking it all up. It may have been longer
  • Threw some round steak, Italian diced tomatoes and sauce, carrots and cut up potatoes into the slow cooker for ten hours and called it Salisbury Steak. It was surprisingly good considering I did not bother to flour and brown the meat first. In fact, it pretty much disappeared.
  • Continued my knitting-I'm in a hurry to get the bottom band done so I can see how the yarn works knitting the other way.
  • Managed to get some re-organization piles sorted in my bedroom
  • Texted with my sister in law (actually this was late last night) who I rarely get to "speak with" about her neck of the woods (Dallas is shelter in place but she is a nurse supervisor and her husband is a city manager, making them both essential personnel), about my plans to move to Texas and where, about my other sister in law who has had some needed surgery put off in case of infection, about my son and just generally about "stuff".
  • Unsurprisingly, I started a new book.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara
    I am in the UK , staying home with husband and dogs. My physio recently gave me a set of exercises to do for shoulder strength ( long story but to help avoid inflamed nerve) and I use 400g tins of beans as weights. Lots of time to complete the programme and great improvement so far. Stay safe and thank you for continuing to blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. I have a set to two lb weights and bands so that helps.

      Delete
  2. I'm envious of your spring weather. It looks like we'll have an early spring but still too chilly to sit outside or even to work in the yards. Still, I'm glad the snow has disappeared from my yard:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a bit of a cool down tomorrow with rain and fifty degrees but today it's sunny and 67 so one again I expect to be outside....

      Delete
  3. We all have to be flexible with how we are spending our time don't we. Your day sounds very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, wish we had weather warm enough to sit outside. We could all use the sunshine to boost our health and happiness levels. But I can't knit in warm weather. I don't know how you do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fairness I'm knitting with a cotton blend. I can knit year around and do.

      Delete
  5. Walking, reading and lots of cooking in NYC. Being very careful to keep my distance when I go outside, but it's definitely helping to keep me somewhat sane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am enjoying your posts more than ever,Barb. I miss playing cards with my 3 neighbors,Mexican Train, and coffee dates. I am missing going ot the real library and taking my time amongst the stacks. I miss lunch dates at our favorite Middle eastern restaurant and I REALLY am missing seeing our SON in person.He lives 20 minutes away and is able to be working from home thank god, and facetime helps somewhat. We're keeping busy mush as you" relaxing,exercising, learning new things, enjoying hobbies. I pray and meditate daily as well.. it just feels good to have an "online" community to keep up with.I don't knit but I love hearing of YOUR projects.Stay well. My fave retirement blogs are a kind of community to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to put aside my regular sewing machine and pull out the portable to sew today. I am so glad that I have the number of machines that I do. Chairs are important, you must be comfortable when doing anything.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!