Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Another Day in the Shelter at Home Zone-Week 3

I got up too late for morning prayer again. I need to set my phone perhaps because this is important to me both for my structure and my prayer life. I'll need to work on that.

Son is now home full time, and sister will be tomorrow. Since both are anxious, easily bored, social, semi depressive types, I expect the home to be spotless and that the multi tiered yard will be the jewel of the neighborhood. Plus of course there is some downsizing and organization to be done. Notice I said some, friends. It looks like places near me are not allowing even drop off for donation (for obvious reasons) so the bags will slowly pile up, room by room.  

Today I placed a grocery order in an app called dumpling, of all things. I did a Walmart order because I needed some things that I knew an all purpose store would have like eyeglass cleaner, and facewash and pens and artists canvas along with food. When I signed up with the app it looks like I signed up with this guy's small business. There was both a fifteen dollar shopping fee, and I left a 20 percent tip, but at this time of life(especially when there are no entertainment or other expenses) it was the right thing to do. He texted me every time things were out, and offered me alternatives if there were any each time. Very happy experience and I am sure I will follow up with him again. Naturally no cleaning wipes or lysol spray were to be found  


I opened the hatch of my Nissan Murano SUV and asked him to load everything there (I waitd inside), then I took an empty, clean storage bin outside and one by one wiped off each item and put it in the bin. I did leave some non perisibles and the bags in the car for further snaitizing and disposal. This eliminates  most of the need for a clean and a dirty side of the counter. As soon as I was inside I obviously washed my hands and swiped the front door knobs.

I also did a quick Amazon order of my shampoo and sleep gummies and a couple other items, and will probably do a small crafting order. While I have no immediate needs while stranded at home, my clothing inventory tells me cardigans and kimono tops are dire needs so I will keep my eye out.

As are a couple so called loungers or long tshirts. The kind of thing that I can wear with our without bra and look nice out in the yard even if the neighbors see.   Which they will. We all have large yard with pockets of privacy but not privacy fences for the most part. Others wear shorts and tees. I wear these. Or tank style ones.





Budget wise, the lack of going out and about, paying for gas, traveling on day trips or dining and such enables me to do a little more shopping this month than normal and still keep savings room. Even though I will probably be paying most of the "monthlies" myself starting in April with two furloughed roommates. In normal times I would be scouring the used market first both for sustainable and budget reason but I am not comfortable even with online consignment shopping right now, so I will work with sale and clearance instead

Other than unpacking the grocery and doing online orders, today I :


  • Knitted outside in the 70 degree sun for an hour and a half while the dog sunned himself (now ready to pickup the band and knit the sweater)
  • Exercized using the Sit, Stand, and Move program shown belw (I am sharing l of my U-tube programs so that others who are looking for indoor exercise can explore)
  • Spent about forty minutes on my house (which included the dishwasher since we are trying to wash everything that is not delicate that way when we can for right now) to make up for missed days.
  • Had breakfast for dinner (Elk sausage, pancakes and eggs and fruit)
  • Decided on The Valhalla Murders as my newest TV show when I am ready and The Janes by Louise Luna for my newest read. (need to update the book section).
  • Walked past my son's room and made the easy decision NOT to watch The Tiger King
  • Plan to climb into bed with said book and my large Kindle for TV watchingwhile it was still light out.




18 comments:

  1. I think I will use your exercise program. I like that dress to wear outdoors. I do not like to wear clothes in the house. I mean regular clothes. I am dressed modestly. But, to go outdoors, I need to wear something like that long tshirt or a muu muu. that way, I would not have to keep changing clothes all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be at Mom's early each morning, so I get up, shower and dress right out of the hatch. Even if my hair is not "done" it is at least brushed and pulled back with a headband, plus I put on a small tad of makeup (under eye concealer, blush and little eye pencil) I just feel better about me that way and it does make me a little more productive in the house. I cannot see me going anywhere but the back porch with just a long gown on, but that is my own insecurity. I don't think my neighbors would even really notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbors would not care, my sister waters our very large yard at dawn in her pjs sometimes. I get up and in the warm weather wear a long lounger or very comfy maxi dress with as little as possible but not what I sleep in. Gowns are much cooler in the heat. You can see how short my hair is, no bedhead or work. I just moisturize and chapstick and scented lotion and earrings cause I don't wear makeup. And that's my day until I leave or workout.

      Delete
  3. I see you put up the kind of dress I would want for the yard and inside. I have gone out in my short summer gown to go to the laundry in the utility room. But, there is a neighbor that we have become friendly with and I do not feel comfortable knowing someone might talk to me in the yard, even if it is over the fence. He probably would not talk if I were not dressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We chat with all our neighbors. And our dogs chat with each other as well.

      Delete
  4. Nice lounging dresses for warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually lounge in sweat pants and a tank, but those are making me rethink loungewear.

    I think you will enjoy the Valhalla Murders I did. Somehow I have been sucked into watching The Tiger King....It is a train wreck that I really can not stop watching.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also do sweats in the cool weather but it is seventy here and if it's long and flowy it covers me and is still cool. My son ws just screaiming while he was watching the Tiger King.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing your exercise video sources!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome.....I am not the best exerciser but i like to experiment and I cannot do the long walks that others are doing on account of balance.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Yea, I read the other one long ago. I have it fixed so anytime an author that I have read has a new book or a coming new book I get notified and then reserve. I have like ten books in the line on my Amazon Fire, lol.

      Delete
  8. Our newest TV show: Babylon Berlin. Newest book: The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson. I'm gonna check out Valhalla Murders, but not interested in the Tiger King. We'll all be up on our culture before this is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom, that's on my short list. right now after this show I'm gonna catch up on all the german cop shows I used to watch when I lived in Frankfurt and see what's happened to all of them

      Delete
  9. OOh... spotless house and jewel of a yard? Please, oh please, send your son and sister to my house:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please understand.If I look at something it dies.....my sister however is the plant whisperer. Between the two of them and sunny weather, all the yard clean up should be done. That doesnt account for flowers in pots (which we cannot go out and get) or planting which cannot happen this early in Colorado.

      Delete
  10. I second author Louise Luna and the Babylon Berlin series. We also enjoyed the Valhalla Murders and British procedural Line of Duty. Would also like to plug shows from my old hometown: Homicide and The Wire that we've re-watched recently.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to use this medium to let everyone know that Herpes Simplex Virus has a complete and Permanent cure and that Dr Razor Herbal Medicine is the solution. I was Diagnosed with Herpes Virus type 1 in January 16, 2015, I have made several Research Hoping to see a true Cure or Healer, Fortunately for me i saw on a blog site how Dr Razor has been saving different lives and marriages with his herbal medicine, At first i did not believe but on a second thought, i decided to give him a try, I contacted him and he assured me of a cure, he prepared the herbal medication for me, which i took for 18 days, he told me to go for a medical check up, could you believe that i was confirm Herpes type 1 Negative after the test, and i went to a different hospital and it was also Negative, I became very happy and decided to write my appreciation article about this Good man. If you are battling with this same Infection or you know of a person who is infected with any disease like Herpes, HIV, Cancer, Syphilis, Hepatitis A,B,C, all types of Cancer, Gonorrhea, life's problems that you might have etc. kindly Reach out to Doctor Razor on Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com. Whatsapp/Call him on +2349065420442. You can Also Visit His website : https://drrazorherbalhome.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome . My Sincere Gratitude to you Sir, God will surely Keep you safe from harms way. Please share so Other lives can be saved

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!