Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Thankful-Many Times Over

I hope wherever you are, you have a lovely Thanksgiving tomorrow, and if you are with others, they are with people you care about and enjoy.

 I have had many small family Thanksgivings (just the four of us), there have been years when my husband was at the private club business that we ate at the club and enjoyed the buffet. I have been part of family member Thanksgiving dinners. I have also eaten out at restaurants with single/widowed friends, and had Thanksgiving alone at home with movie marathons. Every one has been enjoyable.

This year, I am participating in two Thanksgiving meals, so I will need to make up for that on the weekend, I suppose. Tonight before my church service, there is a meal in the parish hall, the turkey is provided and we are all supposed to bring something. Right now I have nothing but I did leave 3/4 of a four less chocolate cake at a friend's house after dinner and tell her to freeze it and bring tonight so if I don't get to the store, I will have contributed.

Tomorrow I am headed for my brother and sister in law's home (the gourmet cooks) where I will partake of turkey and two kinds of potatoes and two kinds of vegetables and two kinds of stuffing and Lord knows what else. I am bringing the (bakery made) pecan pie and dragging along my kitting since it needs to go everywhere with me these days to be finished. We will watch football and talk about football, probably talk about politics (all of the same mind mainly) the problems of the world in general, music, theater, kids and a dozen other topics at a minimum. I'm gonna need Friday as a recovery day (and as a start the decorating day as well).

Were I to list everything I am thankful for it would take a long time and I would probably leave thing out. A quick list includes:
  • family near and far
  • friends, especially those I have made in the last year or so as part of my move
  • my church, which supports me and allows me an outlet to reach out to others
  • my health-even with my chronic and pain issues I am grateful that I am doing mainly well and that others help me there.
  • my home-which I spend so much time in and enjoy so much
  • My beautiful puppies
  • people in my neighborhood who are helpful with things like shoveling the drive
  • that I have this blog and all of my lovely readers, as well as other blogs that I enjoy reading and connecting with
And so many more things that cannot be mentioned a quick list.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a full Thanksgiving schedule. I hope you enjoy yourself and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Thanksgiving appears full ... however, I want to add my well wishes and blessings to the day. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you Barbara, I so enjoy your lovely spirit which infuses your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Barb. I am thankful that I found your blog this past year. I always learn something and/or get inspired to try something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wonderful Thanksgiving Barb.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely list!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving Barb! I always enjoy hearing about what you're doing and what you're creating. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!