Monday, July 8, 2019

Making it Monday

Just a quick note to say that I am returning the dress I ordered and that I now have a "mother of the bride" board on Pinterest. If you scroll the Pinterest window on the sidebar, some should show up. I'm taking my time, I have three months and meanwhile, well, it's fun to look

While I generally get up these days around seven or so, I'm generally a slow riser. Now that it's summer though, I'm actually moving more, and earlier. Partially because of the light and partially because of the time I can spend on the patio and with the dogs before it gets really hot and I want to close up this house. 

In this morning's case, I was up, had breakfast, did my morning thing, went on the cross trainer for forty minutes and did a car test drive before lunch. All of which will probably never happen again. At least all at the same time. Oh, and I got a 65 dollar Visa gift card out of the test drive (which I why I went, after all)!!

When it comes to any art beyond my basic knitting and quilting, I tend to be about the process. My goal is to try something new I see on Pinterest or U-tube each week, whenever possible. It's always questionable how it comes out, but I always have load of fun, which is the point after all. Everything doesn't have to be a completely finished "work of art".  At least in my world. I do have to say that I probably will not try the abstract paint with a palette knife thing again, but it was a fun week. Eventually I'm going to have to make a wall with all the canvases, and experiments. 



This week I'm experimenting in drawing small canvases in ink (succulents) and them filling them in with water color. 

Of course, I've also been working on my sweater and I've decided to use this quilt idea you saw before and adjust it. The background will be different yellows, and the flowers red, purple, pink and orange. It's time to go collect some fabrics and add to my inventory. 


Speaking of inventory, I've been wanting to make some "found object' or leftovers type of art. And this weekend I found two places in Denver (here and here) that have just that. Thrift stores dedicated to art supplies, if you will. Everything is donated or recycled from small pieces of yarn, tools, buttons and leftover fabric. I'm working on some ideas and have found lots of inspiration.

Just as an example, I leave you with this blog, and the art picture below.  From a frugal blogger and former trucker on the other side of the pond, who has taken making art from "bits and bobs" if you will to, well, an art form. 
From the "Life After Money" Blog

19 comments:

  1. I love the abstract with the red flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came out much better than I though. Although I had as much color on me.

      Delete
  2. I follow her blog too, she has lots of original recycling and art ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does. And the lady knows how to walk!!

      Delete
  3. Love that blog. She does amazing recycled art.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your abstract paintings! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God, I hope those two thrift stores dedicated to art supplies catches on! What a fabulous idea!

    Love all your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. Mainly because you can often get just a couple small things

      Delete
  6. I do like your drawings! Such good talent displayed! That's great how you got the gift card for your participation with the test drive. I recently signed up for and got an Amazon Prime credit card because I got $70 of credit on Amazon. Win-win situation. I always pay credit cards on time (and have no intent of using this other than for Amazon Prime) and I got $70 free money!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free money is always good. I had another offer for a 50 dollar card for test driving a Hyundai and I will do that one tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. That piece of art is my favorite thing Ilona has ever done. I read her all the time/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a big fan of mixed media art using bits and bobs. When I lost my job 3 years ago, I was making art magnets using lots of little pieces of things. It was so much fun. I look forward to seeing what you create. Thanks for the blog recommendation. I've been searching for other creatives to follow and not having much luck. So many are just too commercial and full of ads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a fascinating person who used to be a long distance trucker, retired early with not much but now is better fixed. She is very creative and as I said does some serious walking.

      Delete
  9. Wow. Gorgeous pieces. This is the 3rd blog post this morning show cases everyones talents. Do you know how lucky you are? I wonder sometimes if people who can sew, draw, paint etc realize it's not everyone who can do these things. Like me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it time for my regular blog post in the face that we are all creative? Lol.seiously. I can't paint or do.other things as such
      I just love them around and the important thing is that I have fun slopping the paint.

      Delete
  10. Your creativity is amazing. I'm not sure if I don't think I have the ability or if I'm simply afraid to try. Following a pattern is my choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I kind of followed a pattern. I followed a video when making the poppies. I could not do that on my own, believe me.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!