Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Tuesday Things

Thank you everyone for all your response to the post on Social Security. I appreciate all the responses and views-and for not responding to everyone in a timely manner, due to various circumstances.

Meanwhile.......

1. I've been mainly incommunicado because on Friday my keyboard finally gave up the ghost, especially on the top two rows. Nothing. Nada. So yesterday morning I went online to Amazon and turns out, my new keyboard was one of the many things I could get in the same day if I ordered it in the morning (if I ordered at least 35 dollars worth of stuff). I don't use a computer or laptop, I just have a large tablet and a Kindle Fire that I use for reading and watching videos so I needed a replacement quickly!!  
I figure if it's red, I can find it wherever it goes




2. You all know that I have been fine tuning my fitness routine (Zumba Gold was not sustainable). It seems that my rec center , bless their hearts, just got a new piece of equipment-a recumbent cross trainer! It's such a new thing, most fitness centers don't have it. So my routine now includes walking the track a couple times a week for as long as I can (twenty to twenty five minutes) and then at least thirty minutes on the machine. For those wondering, it is not almost the same as a recumbent bike and this article probably explains the difference the best. 



3. This weekend was my sister-in-law's birthday. I thought about making her something, and even about planning a future experience like a paint and sip. She still works and cares for her ailing mother, and they order in a great deal. I ended up getting a fifty dollar grub hub gift certificate. It may be more of a he and she gift than just a she gift, but I know it will be used. And while it may not have been "frugal" on my part, I'm pretty much committed to giving consumable or experience gifts or hand made things only-and right now there is absolutely nothing they need.

4. I'm almost finished with my bird house-it needs more embellishment and pop in the next couple days-I'm going to use painter's tape and paint stripes on the roof and add atars. I have put aside my patriotic table runner. While I know many people do the patriotic decor thing all summer, I don't. And would rather move to working on those bright flamingo and similar fabrics as well as a funky beach style birdhouse that I can leave out until September. 

5. My daughter has chosen the colors for her backyard wedding at the end of September, and I am wearing blush pink. A color I probably have not worn since I was twelve, mind you. I'm looking forward to it, but I'll definitely need to work on a tan-fake or real- a teeny bit before said day. I'm now on the search for a maxi or mid dress that is not too formal for an outdoor Saturday afternoon event. Wish me luck.

6. And finally, while I haven't discussed it here to date, I am planning to do an intensive two week volunteer gig in Tuscon working with refugees at the border in October, immediately after daughter's wedding. I'm still researching places to stay and such, but I have taken the step of commitment. I've decided that my schedule allows me to do so, and this may be something I was meant to do, semi crippled body and all.

Back soon for some regular posts after I get caught up on comment response and other blogs and such!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're going to have a busy autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for volunteering. Best wishes to your daughter on her upcoming nuptials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your volunteer plans are awesome! I'm proud to know someone who is hand on willing to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious if your volunteer gig is at the shelter mentioned by the Bag Lady in her blog. I'm planning on going to Tucson to volunteer in September.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. I'm still trying to decide where to stay. We should talk sometime

      Delete
    2. I just finished letters to my Senators and Reps (again) concerning the appalling conditions on the border. Good for you for volunteering. I am eager to hear your plans. I am planning a trip to Mexico in the fall and hope to try and volunteer either on my way to or on my return. Thank you so much for giving your time.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!