Monday, February 4, 2019

......And on To February

Just a quick aside here folks! I love Scandinavian shows., and Russian shows. I've watched many of them with subtitles, and loved them. Today, one of those shows started again-and I was thrilled. Only instead of subtitles, it's now dubbed in English. Am I the only one who would prefer subtitles to hearing English with lips moving that don't match??

So, February. The shortest month, as they say. The first month of winter is gone. The snow comes, it hits sixty and sometimes feels like seventy with the snow, and the circle begins again. All in all though, the month has begun well. A relaxing weekend (with not much being done), a long church meeting, and Sunday evening at DB's house, where I brought the queso. 
I'm a big belever that less is more in recipes. This one from Betty Crocker is a loaf of Velveeta and two cans of Rotel (one mild, one hot), I threw a pound of pork sausabe in the mix and let the slow cooker do it's job. ****I'm aware that Velveeta is less than healthy. I however, come from the school of thought that if I eat healthy daily including low fat mainly, that allows me those occasions that include Velveeta Queso or baked potato and sausage soup made with cream****
Now it's time to make at least a few goals and plans. There are three  birthdays between now and March 4th, two of them my offspring (it seems that over eighty percent of the people from the extended families on both sides celebrate birthdays in the late January through early March period or the late September through Halloween period. What that means, I'm not sure). While Valentine's is not a huge thing for me (never was, actually), we do our "thanks" for the independent book store that hosts the knitting group on that day, so some baking and planning are in order. Add somethings to do around the house, and adding new kinds of exercise in-along with trimming the food budget-and there ya go.

February Goals

  1. Exercise out of the house two times a week at least (I have a good mix of in house exercise but need to do Tai Chi elsewhere I'm thinking)
  2. Have one hour of quiet time before bed, with the special Kindle Fire cover for non-blue reading being the exception
  3. Aim for three hundred dollars absolute max for groceries (I'll be blogging about the specifics on this)
  4. Spend an average of an hour on the house daily as I put it to right (I am not the only person who cleans or does other things)
  5. Completely plan and budget one train trip start to finish.
  6. Make three Valentine things: a watercolor card, a mini quilt for the front entrance, and decorated sugar cookies for the bookstore  
    I plan to use this as inspiration

    Use these fabrics plus white

    And make a new quilt to hang in this spot as you enter the door-I want to do one for every  month/season instead of a wreath on the door.
  7. Finish one of my four in progress knitting projects
  8. Finish sewing together the yellow quilt and have it and the vintage one ready to send out to the quilter.
  9. Watch eight episodes of a new online course from the Great Courses plus, two a week.
  10. Make at least two half day on my own excursions/explorations this month.
  11. Get all birthday gifts and cards purchased, wrapped and mailed on time (you have to know me)
  12. Aim for no more than three hours of online time daily that does not include reading kindle wise.
And two goals that aren't really goals but reminders for future months, if you well,
  1. Start thinking about how to change around my front room. We don't have a foyer, you walk in and see the hanging above and then go right to the kitchen or left to the "fireplace room" The hall closet is at the end of the hall. Right now we make do with a coat rack, but I want a dedicated "landing area" that fits in with the front room and entrance.
  2. Remind my self that within the next two months the below photographed passport issue needs to be dealt with. No words are necessary (it expires in July anyway) 
    Whatever you are imagining here, you are probably right. Sigh.

And there you have it. The last two are open ended and really not goals as such, just thinks to think about and put on my calendar. In true bullet journal fashion, I have even made a little weekly tracker in my notebooks of notebooks. And for what it's worth, I plan to blog on at least numbers 2, 3, 5, 6, that notebook of notebooks and maybe even the story of the passport.

Happy February, all!

    

10 comments:

  1. Our Labrador destroyed a passport too. If only he had pocket money I could deduct for the cost of a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My late beagle, the one with cancer did it about a year ago, bless his heart. I'm still not sure how he got into my purse to do it.

      Delete
  2. I love your little house quilt! The heart quilt will be perfect on your entrance hanger, and I look forward to upcoming designs...what a fun project for the year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The houses were made for me by my friends in Germany when I left, and it's been hanging there since we moved. I'm going to put it in my room I think.

      Delete
  3. I envy your ambition. All I'm doing for the month is hanging out in Charleston, SC, with children and grandchildren. But come March we'll be back home and trying to accomplish some more concrete plans. Meanwhile, I'll be pondering that poor passport!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely be doing more hanging in April and may with family stuff going on. I'm not sure whether I should fill out damaged, or expiring on my renewal application since both obviously apply, lol

      Delete
  4. I love the little heart quilt. It looks like a pot holder if it had a loop. Your dog "stamped" your passport good. LOL

    We grew up in the Velveeta generation. It's comfort food for me and I apologize to know one for my grilled cheese sandwiches on days when I need to feel my mom around me. Your dip recipe brought back good memories, as I remember many parties where it was served.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, he had fun with that little booklet. My brother was putting queso alng with musthrooms and onions on his roast beef sandwich!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch, your fur baby had a great deal of fun with that passport.

    Love your fabric choices.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if you get comments from the Customs officer when you present that passport? I am sure they have seen just about everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!