Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Out Among The People

Without sharing too much information, last night was one of those nights. I was getting ready for bed, and looked down at my stomach and saw a large, probably "staphy" sore. Unfortunately I have a history of these, usually on my bosom, but I had no idea this was there and I had already changed clothes and gotten ready to go to bed without even feeling this thing. Said sore was now ready to burst (sorry), so I washed it gently, took some cotton with Neosporin on it, held it down and attempted sleep. This morning I texted my resident medical guru, my daughter, and said "Doctor or antibiotic and bandage". She texted back "Doctor". Which was another addition to today's craziness, as seen below.

Today, joy of joys, was my errand day. My son was home today with his first complete day off in forever and was cleaning and organizing. I left at what for me was the ungodly hour of nine thirty am and told him I would be "gone all day". Little did I know, people, little did I know.

See, while I can be a social being in certain circumstances, at this point in my life I do not do well when I am, as my son says, "Out among the people". I had hoped this would be my final day out among the people and that I could do everything else online or with a brief grocery trip, but I will still probably need at least one outing early in the morning next week. I walked away from the fabric store because of the people. 
Thankfully my Target was NOT this crowded!


Now, for the record, I don't hate people as such. But I hate waiting in line, being stuck in traffic and then general crowdedness that appeared even before lunch as I hit Urgent Care (more below), Great Clips for my hair (almost all white now), Staples for a print cartridge and pens, Joannes for a gift card and fabric (ungotten, the fabric that is), Target for candy, meds and wound care products, JC Penney for a ship to store sweater order, and King Soopers for some minimal groceries. And yes, I am pooped, thank you very much. And if I'd read this artcle ahead of time, I could have put said errands off till Thursday...or not!

But it was an organized rotation with most of said needs being met, and now I am home. Sitting with my painful legs up, listening to my son put country ribs in the oven to cook, typing on the tablet and generally chilling among the Christmas decorations.

I still have to leave home some-lunch for my knitting group, cleaning out the church fridge from last week's caring for the homeless, happy hour and working out. But it's all close to home, with small populations, and mainly people I know. At least until I head down for the Christmas market and lights on Saturday!

And as for said boil/sore.......I'm taking four antibiotic capsules a day, and the nice nurse clinician drew a circle around my sore, told me to come back if the redness spread beyond that, and to care for my wound. Wound care, folks!

Oh, and yesterday my daughter texted me and told me that for the first time in years after Friday she was completely free until after New Year's-and that SHE was making cookies. Many cookies. Many kinds of cookies. So now, I'll just make a pile of frosted sugar cookies this weekend for my son, maybe some Mexican Wedding rings, and call it a day.

My Christmas is getting lazier by the hour!

8 comments:

  1. I hope your sore resolves itself soon. No fun that....
    I need to go to the grocery store for a few things tomorrow and maybe Rite-Aid but that's the extent of my venturing out until after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na, and it's right on my lower stomach, so I cant see it real well to trat it. I have to do one more grocery/stuffer stop and then I'm done!

      Delete
  2. I've got to go to the restaurant supply place near the end of the week. Am not looking forward to the lines there.

    Take care of the boil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to not liking long lines, hoards of people, large unorganized groups, and I enjoy small groups. I hope you are healing quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sucking down those extra strong antibiotics am i. Lunch tomorrow and then knitting, knitting, knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Barbara - thanks for visiting my blog. I am happy to have discovered yours as well. We have many things in common it appears. Hope we have many blog conversations. Take care of those sores! Ouch! And adding a visit to an Urgent Care can make a big dent in your day - waiting times there can be long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that your boil gets better very soon. They really are a pain.

    Like you most of the time I do like people, just not a whole bunch at one time. I don't like waiting in checkout lines, which I will more than likely have to do tomorrow.... My errand day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!