Friday, October 19, 2018

Many projects....None Finished Yet! (And asking the Readers)

Well friends, it took me exactly two days to knock one of those scheduling things aside. I've decided that if meditation doesn't get done in my morning in bed routine (when I drink my coke, pray, write, do in bed yoga stretches that I cannot do on the floor and so on) or at my bedtime routine, it probably wont get scheduled. Which means I still need to work in a meditation in one of those times. Or else go out of the house and do it once a week. As for the knitting while learning, that's still a goal, just not an exact time goal. The morning writing and evening writing? Right on. The walking? No problem. But then of course it's not scheduled!!

In other news, I'm moving back to twice a week posting on Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday. Wednesday is my out and about and go to happy hour day, so if I add a third post it will be more of a "What I'm...." kind of post with a few lines and a photo or two.

If you ever needed proof that I am a "dabbler" or a "putterer",  question no more. As I just posted on Facebook, I have six (maybe seven?) current active projects.  All mid stream. None of these are UFOs (Unfinished Objects to the uninitiated) they are all being worked on-at different times, in different places, with different energy, depending.

What are they?

1. The blanket shown in this previous post, which will be blue, with red (and I haven't decided on white or green as the third color) stripes. Christmas gift for brother and sister-in-law.  



2.  A shawl, showed previously, yarn purchased by  my sister and pattern chosen by me. Christmas gift.

3.  A t-shirt quilt for my daughter. Partially made when I decided that a. I didn't like the color I chose for the sashing and that I would rather have two alternate colors and b. I wanted a better layout. So I am now separating the shirts from the fabric around. Maybe a Christmas gift?

4. A couple of holiday table runners. This one is not as bad as it sounds cause both runners have been quilted-they just need binding and I tend to wait until I have a few to bind because that is my least.favorite.thing about quilting. Donations for the church bazaar.  







5. The basic outline, chapters and tentative recipes I want to include in my Beautiful Gifts Anyone Can Make book (Title still in progress). I'm treating each small section of the book a project instead of the entire book as one.

6.  Felted wool coasters (again, not a tragedy as such, I do the cutting when I have the energy and then I will sew all at once). Some to gift, some for me, right now it's playtime. 




7. That oldey timey traditional quilt that was for my brother and is so very late-because I decided just as I was quilting it that the border was an absolute no! A very late Christmas gift that has to be done by Thanksgiving (and no more unfinished product gifting.).

Except for the quilt nothing is over due, all will be done in their time (mainly for Christmas) except perhaps the Tshirt quilt. I do what moves my on any given day and hope it works out (and occasionally panic around Thanksgiving).

Yesterday I worked on the large blanket, today I am playing with felt, will maybe knit some more and tomorrow I may watch some football while mindlessly undoing the Tshirt quilt. 

All of these will each get worked on at some point next week. In between my baking (coffee cake mini muffins), slow cooking (the Maple Bacon Chili on the sidebar), reading, brunch with the gals, coffee meeting with my medical broker, exercise, reading, And reading. And at some point I suppose, some dishes will be washed, a vaccum will be run and a bathroom will be swiped and mopped (Yes,all you housekeepr, I see that dust bunny under the chair types, I see you all cringing).  




Oh, and I'm at an impasse with my TV watching. I tried a South African detective show (Capetown), a Russian Detective show (Second Sight), and the British show Unforgotten, and I haven't stuck with any.  The Brit show is especially surprising since I love Nicola Walker. I'm open to suggestions-but realize I am less of a Midsommer Murder type than I am a Luther, Secret City, Line of Duty type of watcher. And I don't mind subtitles.

Hit me??!!



25 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you must have a low threshold for boredom and that's why you have so many projects going at once. I can't do that because once I set something aside for a couple of days, I have trouble picking it up again.

    I'm curious about your felted coasters. I hope you post your process and photos someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno, tht may or may not be it. It really depends more on the kind of thing I want to do..

      Delete
  2. Jack Irish and Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan are both excellent, lots of action, scenes in other countries, good main characters. Mystery Road set in Australia, all 3 of these shows have handsome leading men, always a plus, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I should have said I read both of those. Also secret City, and Hidden and Code. Mystery Road is that the one that also has Judy whatsername and the dark guy from Jack Irish? I'll have to check it out!!

      Delete
    2. Err, saw, not read. Hoping the new Secret City comes soon, as well as Bosch and Travelers.

      Delete
  3. Have you tried watching Vanity Fair on TV (a historic series) or Jack Ryan series on Amazon Prime? I like them both. I love the blue blanket you are making. You're very brave to make several gifts in time for Christmas. I only ever commit myself to making one each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, watched Jack, mainly looking for current police detective stuff I haven't seen
      And I've seen alot, let me tell ya.

      Delete
  4. I too love Nicola Walker, after her role in River. I've tried watching Collateral, started then fell asleep several times, but I think it will be worth sticking to if I could just manage to not watch later than my natural bed time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it, and never knew she was British until I found the show.

      Delete
  5. I'm so envious of your crafting ability. All your projects sound lovely. I enjoyed Unforgotten and thanks for the Jack Irish mention. Started watching that and love it. My DH liked the Bosch show so much, he started reading the books, which I'd already read. We liked some Luthers, but quit watching when it got too psycho.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cou ting the days tell the next season of Bosch, Travelers, Altered Carbon and a few others. I was surprised how much I liked Jack Irish, waiting for the next season on that as well. I will probably go back to Unforgotten and give it another chance.Seems I really like Australian shows.

      Delete
  6. I second the Vanity Fair TV recommendation if you like period costume drama. We have recently been watching The Bodyguard, Killing Eve and The Cry - some are still running in the UK - don't know when you can access them? Other people are enjoying Black Earth Rising and The Informer has just started which I'm watching.
    The BBC has quite a lot of new drama starting this autumn - I'll try to remember to update you when they start and tell you what I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be getting the Bodyguard on Netflix next week, I've been wating. Killing Eve is Pay on amazon but might be able to get it on BBC america. I assume we will get the Cry, but it's so new probably not till next year, you know? We had to wait like six months each time for The Fall after it premiered there. Do keep me up, they are my favorite shows.

      Delete
  7. I am watching and enjoying The Informer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny how some people like to have a lot of projects going at once (my wife B), while some people like to finish one thing before starting the next (like me). I guess you're like B . . . who, by the way, gets a lot more done than I do. Anyway. Boardwalk Empire on netflix, if you don't mind violence. The Romanoffs on amazon, if you like strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I saw that Romanoff thing, will have to check it out

      Delete
  9. Hi Barb! I love hearing about all your projects. I always have several going on too.I Like you, have many interests and retirement is the time I FINALLY have time to pursue them all at my leisure! I don't like to do the same thing day after day so I do what pleases me oat any particular time.. I may have a collage project I do for days on end till its done, or I may do it it stages and change it up between hobbies from day to day-- I love to cook, read cookbooks and plan meals,set nice table every night,etc. I'm dabbling in watercolor, want to do more, paper crafts,collage and making greeting cards and tags (may stockpile and sell at craft fairs next holiday season--it would take me a year to pile up enough to sell..) I make Art Journals,wokring on a "NATURALISTS NOTEBOOK" right now..I enjoy mild hikes around Arizona, short trips to all the places there are to see out here in the desert, reading,library time, Hand and Foot games with a group of lady friends every other week, lunches and happy hours with the gals,dates with dear husband, walking in the farm-y neighborhood 2 blocks away to see the horses,goats,chickens, and get some exercise, zumba and pool aerobics, church, a couple of volunteer activities, and some writing.. life sure is deep and wide!! TV: I am YEARS behind everyone on series: Just started the Americans! Have you watched that? Am loving it.Also gonna start the Romanoffs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never finished the Americans, I need to go back. Too little time, too many things, lol.

      Delete
  10. The blue blanket is going to be gorgeous once finished. I usually only have a few projects going at once, but since I do not have rice for the rice bags right now will start a couple of others until the rice is bought.

    As far as shows on Netflix or Amazon no recommendations right now I have to think a bit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. Somone just mentioed to me that they always use jasmine rice for such things, so I am going to try that

      Delete
  11. I love the Christmas quilt, it is so pretty! I never learned to sew, but I think I can teach myself knitting. I have several friends that knit and I am sure they will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mainly taught myself knitting and then relied on my knitting group to help me recover lost stitches and such. Utube is also your friend. The Christmas thing is an extra wide table runner, meant to cover my small dining table but I may now give it to the church for the bazaar.

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!