Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Christmas in April. And Flying Pigs.

Every year, I have Christmas fabric (and other crafting supplies) left over after Christmas. Partly because I start more than I can finish, partly because I'm a procrastinator, and partly because I buy many more pieces of fabric along with other bits and bobs than I have a plan for.

Normally I leave said fabric and unfinished projects until the following fall. Which is kind of self defeating. Because by mid summer the new fabric lines for the coming Christmas arrive-and I've headed in another direction entirely. 

The top is missing in the photo. But just a little bit retro.


This is really wide, and folded in half.


Which leads me to now. April. I've spent most of March using up as many pieces as I can, leaving me with three table toppers and a plethora of holiday cocktail napkin sets for gifts to....whomever. I still have some finishing to do in the next week or do, but I managed to get at least SOME of that fabric used up. Now I can look at spring and summer sewing with much less guilt!  As well as buying more holiday fabric.

Definitely for someone in Texas!


As for the pig. The flying pig, that is. Although it's well above 70, we have the possibility of an over night freeze until the beginning of May. Which means these days the plant whisperer is spending time cleaning up the yard, preparing beds, and trolling plant stores for seeds, plants, and yard art. As evidence I present to you the purple flying pig, which appeared in the yard yesterday. Wonder how its gonna fit in with the pink flamingo and the duck water fountain!  

5 comments:

  1. As soon as Christmas is over I have no interest in working on anything with a holiday theme until fall. More power to you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pig! Love it.
    Good job on using up those squares. A perfect way of ending the cold months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOt a fan of Christmas but I do love a flying pig!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented! I really enjoy the photos of your projects. And admit I'm rather envious of your skill. :-)

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flying pig!1

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!