Monday, November 23, 2020

Making it Monday: Experimenting and Upycling

It's Monday and I am in the weeds, creativity wise. I finally cleared a space to do some creativity, pulled out cards and paints and markers and am in my way. Only I spend so much time designing and trying to decide, and making trial runs that nary a single completed card exists on said craft table.  At least now I know what I want to do. And that there will be Llamas somewhere along the way!


Draft number one

Actually happy with this simple card once I add some lettering.


My sister adores Holiday Llama everything so this may turn into a picture for her.

My other project is the destruction, or rather upcycling of a table runner never finished and not particularly loved. I plan to cut out some of the blocks, finish the edges and cut a slit and call it a mini tree skirt. For my mini two and a half foot table tree. I have my work (literally) cut out for me-at least for the next couple of days! 

I may still require a bigger tree. Downsized or no. We shall see. We shall see. And more lights.

8 comments:

  1. I really like #2 also & look forward to pix of the llama project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a friend once who had a very tiny tree with lights galore, and it was covered in ornaments, small ornaments but still covered. It was a gorgeous tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cards! After Christmas I will put out my tiny tree and see what I have already to go on it. I just know i want lots of lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the second card the best - it's so pretty! I hope you'll share a photo of your tree and tree skirt too.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The isolation of the pandemic plus moving makes decision making more difficult. I do however like both cards. As for the tree.....give yourself a few more days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dint mind the size as such. But I have alot of heave, hand made collectible ornaments that are meaningful to me that I won't put away. The question is if I can fine another way to display them since they aren't all balls.

      Delete
  6. I love number two. Simple and yet elegant.

    Have fun remaking the table runner, and one can never have too many lights.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Making it Monday" --- what a fun and cleaver theme. Love your second card with the three ornaments and your sister will love the llama.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!