Sunday, October 4, 2020

Mainly Lazy Sunday

While I'm not interesed in a politic discussion as such, I do hope everyone recovers from this Covid outbreak. And that Trump and all his no-mask, the worst is over, kids can't get sick cohort have learned something from this superspreader event. And if you are the praying type in any form, I encourage you to think a moment of the cooks, housekeepers, guards, and all the other "average" folks who have been exposed to Covid because of this debacle.  And who cannot just "go to the hospital", or afford or receive the kind of treatment our president is receiving.

Today I am only doing that stuff I absolutely  have to do like a slow cooker dinner, and mainly ignoring the packing stuff except to supervise! 

Instead, today I am going to miminally supervise my son's packing of all the dishes and kitchen and ask him to double check my wrapping of the collectibles and other decor. My son is a Colts fan, and normally leaves the house every afternoon or evening on Sunday in order to watch the game since we don't get it on TV.  True love is him offering up his youth and packing expertise for both his days off.  True love on my part is offering up both Christmas quilts and one of my nativity sets for his "new life"


Polish pottery and such ready to be packed


In my effort to clean out the freezer, I'm making a rather unusual verson of Italian beef stew consisting of thawed stew meat and a frozen package of stew vegetables that some how got subtituted for something else in one of my many Instagram orders! Life is an adventure, including cooking. Sitting and working on my sweater is also on my agenda. I need to alternate some fun stuff and relaxing stuff with packing and organizing in this final stretch and my hand and shoulders are absoutely killing me after two days of double folding the bottom of boxes, taping boxes, and wrapping breakables first in newspaper and then taping bubble wrap. Knitting with stretch them and the heating pad later will help. I crave to sew and even left out my machine and project, but that's just not happening with l the surfaces covered.

Right now I'm munching on less than heathy orange cinnamon rolls and a glass of milk and looking at the pictures my daughter sent me this morning. She's going to go back with SIL this afternoon and measure everything just in case I need to know. I've decided I'm putting the big dresser in the walk in closet in the master and all my craft storage in the walk in in the studio (and probably taking the door off so I can see inside to plan colors and such). See ongoing pictures and info as they occur here.

In theory fall is in the air, even though it's in the eighties for a high today (and lows of fifty). I wanted to make my normal bucket list and a goal list for October, but I'm not sure about that goal thing. I'm feeling less and less goal oriented in life as time goes on (not related to Covid, just not big on goals as such) So I'm only making a few, and I'm going to imitate Laura and a few other fellow bloggers and try either moving to file cards or writing them ahead in my daily journal. Most of them are things I want to do every day, even (or maybe especially) in the moving process. And if they don't get done?  Eh, so be it.

For October my "maybe" goals are to continue forty minutes of exercise daily (even if it's seated yoga), add a midday quiet/meditation period, work on a creative (preferrably tactile) project daily,  try and spend a half an hour each weekday on my current little earning project (which is research and user testing kind of stuff so challenging my brain to say the least).

And because into every life a little joy must come even during Covid, I want to make or eat at least one pumpkiny thing each week, if not twice a week. I want to decorate the apartment for fall as soon as I arrive, do one fall food and one fall craft Pinterest challenge, stop and explore the leaves on my drive south, and make some "Boo Baskets" (Easter baskets Halloween style) for kids in need down south.

I think football is calling me........ 




13 comments:

  1. Yum ... can't wait for the pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's pumpkin I love it and I don't need that spice stuff.

      Delete
  2. Any tips or websites with tips on how to pack dishes? I don't have a clue.

    Love your first paragraph. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try in again. Me or new blogger, who knows. Uhaul has a dispatch with foam envelopes three sizes and bubble wrap envied I knoe. The best packing tutes are with Amazing Move on youtube.

      Delete
  3. Things are moving right along. What a sweetie your son is to give up his football watching to help you out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did still stream it in his laptop, lol.

      Delete
  4. What are fish envelopes? I love your pottery! I hate to make my hands hurt and then have to quit doing things that hurt them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all the multicolored pottery! My sons girlfriend has a display on open shelving in their kitchen and I think it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I use my polish pottery as my regular dishes now.

      Delete
    2. Oh and I also have a bunch of cannisters and large pitchers. I'm trying to decide if they will for above the cabinets in the new place...

      Delete
  6. You pottery is just gorgeous.
    I am enjoying your moving and packing posts. When is your actual move date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to speak to.thr fellow today or tomorrow. Tentatively the packers will come a week from Tuesday as that is the only time someone else is here to supervise the dogs. I may not drive until the following weekend and let my son in law let them in the apartment.

      Delete
  7. I'm tired just reading about all the packing. But you've got good help and in time these days will be memories.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!