Friday, July 10, 2020

This Week in Camp Quarantine

So I  have it seems, been forcibly moved over to the new blogger and I am not particularly impressed. And what the hell did they do with spell check already. Some of us NEED it. I don't especially want to write my posts in Word and copy and paste but it may be time to do that, overdue, even!  Sorry, rant over

Another week is over here in  Camp Quarantine. I was able to knock something off my "bucket list" by going to my brother and sister-in-law's for Greek food on Saturday. Her large glass table was broken into a million pieces**, so it was the perfect time to set up two card tables at opposite sides of the big patio and enjoy the evening and see their garden. I also, as most of you read, got a half day of errand running under my belt. Not that that part was a joy as such. But tis done and I am now waiting on the trusty lab work.

This weekend  I'll be marking something else off my quarantine list as I settle down to watch Hamilton (or at least the first act, the first night) while drinking my "Not Your Dad's Rootbeer" and chowing down on movie style popcorn and candy. Into every life some carbs must fall on occasion and what better time than movie night. My name is Barbara and I am addicted to sugar. I also might take a drive to my local A&W Rootbeer stand (yep, I have one of those) and have a real float in a real mug, who knows.

The stream of boxes has slowed (who says a pandemic keeps you from shopping!!), but they surely have not stopped. Yarn, a box of small sized blank greeting cards, and plenty of Tula Pink fabric have arrived.  Along with a yarn swift and a ball winder.  I have fat quarters of Christmas and fall fabric in the next two weeks and I have a feeling I'm gonna need some charcoal fabric from somewhere in order to make my version of this quilt with the Tulas. I might even take the brave step of entering my local quilt shop (where they wear masks and require masks and distancing, but still). Meanwhile, I know in my heart of hearts that I don't need clothing and do need to look to brand new furniture in the fall, but the clothes, they keep calling me. So far, I've managed to deny the call since the curated box experience.  


As an aside, I was a terrible letter writer at sixteen, never mind now, so figuring out what to write on the inside of these greeting cards is much harder than decorating the outside. I need more than "thinking of you", if you know what I mean. These are for Meals on Wheels shut ins who need all the uplifting they can get.

My at home plan for the next few days (since it'll be 100 degrees out and my outside times will be limited to early and late) is to document and share all my projects that have been completed, as well as make a goal of those to complete. The goals will be mainly creative but I need to make space for the planning and the more mundane. I'm gonna share, here (above), on my dedicated FB page and on Instagram No matter what I do insta will not give me a sidebar like Pinterest does no matter how hard I try, darn it. So I can only post a link.

In other random, end of week thoughts:

  • I updated my TV and books list for my Scandinavian and British TV show followers especially, and am currently watching season two of Deadwind, and reading a book called One Shot (not the Jack Reacher book). My current online class is Great Cathedrals.
  • I found some before pictures of when we first moved into the house and will post befores and afters on the plant whisperer's sucesses.
  • My priority letter to the Sequoia actually arrived yesterday and I got a call to answer specifics in income and investments and so on and so forth, so I am in the system (said as I keep a daily eye on the Covid and Texas situation).
  • My daughter texted me this morning at dawn asking about my parent's birth and death information. Seems my mainly stay at home dog daddy son-in-law (I fully approve!) has got the family history bug and was working on Family Search this morning.
  • My sister still has a goal of moving to Texas next year, even though this apartment situation probably means we will not share a home. So she wants son and the big dog to share this house with her both to avoid a roomate and to keep big dog happy. Since son may be getting a promotion that requires traveling to train others, that may work for everyone.
  • Oh and as I was finishing this missive, darling daughter texted son and I following note!  

Whew, that was alot, and I'm sure I missed some!

***We had deadly high winds a couple weeks ago. Brother ignored sister-in-law's advice to move the patio umbrella out of the heavy stand right now, and decided to enjoy his coffee first. The winds lifted the umbrella and crashed it on it's side, completely destroying the eight seater glass topped patio dining table.  Glass everywhere, glass everywhere.**

18 comments:

  1. Barb, Love the picture of the quilt! Enjoy "Not Your Dad's Rootbeer" and the movie and have a great weekend. Joe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stuff is some serious alcohol, I had no idea1

      Delete
  2. I'd be really interested in knowing what other changes you've noticed in the new Bloggers format beside the missing spell check which I'd bet money will come back. I fear the big change over, even if I do understand their goals of making them more reader friendly over a wide range of devices. I'm pleasantly surprised that I don't see anything different about your blog.

    I too love the quilt. But I've got to admit I see very few quilts that I don't like and appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont see any difference on this end. But the blogger interface is all symbols and took me some time to figure out. we are not at the official date yet.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, now when I see it it won't freak me out so much.

      Delete
  3. I thought that quilt was a homemade card until i saw the feet underneath. Too bad about the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I bet he puts that coffee down and moves..

      Delete
  4. That must have been a spectacular crash to shatter the glass table. It sounds like lots of things are happening out your way, especially for the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I wasn't there, but it seems it was quite an event.......

      Delete
  5. Oh my, that must have made quite the mess. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My issue with the new blogger is the way it does photos. It's hard to place them correctly. So I went back to traditional blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you keep the original?

      Delete
    2. Yes, so far google has let me keep posting with the original. Hopefully they'll iron out the kinks in the new version.

      Delete
  7. I agree with Tom. I found manipulating photos in the new version of Blogger a nightmare, and also captioning them. As well, I couldn’t easily go between the Preview and the Composing windows.

    Jude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping the new version will be optional and we can keep the old if we choose, I tell ya.

      Delete
  8. Can’t wait to see that quilt with Tula Pink fabrics!! We’ve started getting popcorn from a local theater on Sunday nights. It started during the month of CBS Sunday Night Movies and we’ve continued it. Makes our time at home a little more special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks as if Camp Quarantine is working out nicely for you.

    Love the quilt.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr Oseremen a herbal practitioner who helped me to cure Hiv virus, i had suffered from this diseases for the past 5 years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr Oseremen sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested Hiv negative. all thanks to God for leading me to Dr Oseremen who was able to cure me completely from this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Oseremen because I got to know he through Jackson who he cured from Genital Herpes Virus. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or salient and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr Oseremen through  email address Dr.oseremenvadi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!