Wednesday, May 20, 2020

To Texas!!??!



So yesterday evening,  I emailed the Sequoia senior apartments, since I know they have been working at home and offices and common areas have been shut down.Their general, public portal had a limit in characters I could type in, so I basiclly reminded them that I had toured in February and at that time they had said six weeks for a time frame to wait (end of September). I was wondering if that timing will still good or if things had beome a more complicated.  I also wanted to find out, if there were future spikes and so on, if they had been able to exchange keys and allow folks to move in during the current quarrantine.

This morning, during our call back, the rental agent said "Oh, by the way, we have two of those two bedrooms open right now".  Talk about a shocker!  When it told her I wouldn't be able to take advantge of them, she was surprised and wanted to know if I was committed to a lease,  or something else was in the way. I said yes, but the real issue was that I simply needed more lead time since I am moving from Colorado and hadn't done any serious work because I thought we were looking at one October. 
Not sure what that second bathrom will get used for unless I need a caregiver...


Well, let's just say that this call and the conversation that resulted have me changing my plans and intent and speed of action!  Said rental agent sugggested that if I was looking at October, I should fill out the actual application, deposit and so on by the end of July at the absolute latest since I'm on the waiting list but haven't actually done the "contract stuff". I did forget to ask if my daughter was acting as my agent if she could pick of the key and so on and so forth with my POA (I'm in a position to, and willing to, pay a month while finishing up here if needed). Oh, and when I asked her how she had been handling new move-ins in case my dates coincided with new a stay at home period, she said  they do almost everything virtually and have as non contact as possible a procedure for key exchange.

So realistically, my space could be open as early as one October or any time thereafter. Hey, maybe earlier. Maybe even this summer.  This changes a lot of things for myself, son, and others.

Note:  I've had the deep conversation with sister. She is adamant, that even on a very small fixed income, she is unwilling to live without a real house and a yard. She let me know that she would even rent just a room in someone's house to have access to a yard. In this we are diametrically opposed. While I hope she comes to Texas we would not be living together in those circumstances. And honestly, our lifestyle and relationship was one way when she was working, but there have been changes in how we respond to each other with two of us home full time. So this may be the best choice.  As for son, he would consider staying here and sharing half the expenses and using his spaces and mine for a few months. But his goal is to move out.

All of this has shown I need to speed up my planning and action items-just a bit!

  • I'm going to wait to have the family discussion/landlord talk in July. I have no doubt that brother will suggest sister get a roommate to share the uppper part of the house, assuming son does not stay, as she cannot afford more than she is paying now. And while I've said nothing specific so far, they do know that my daughter has been pushing me to move. I do expect that they will want me to make a specific day commitment and that if the apartment is not ready then, I will stay with my daughter. And if I need to pay brother a month on the other end I can.
  • I need to agressively save throughout the summer.  While the application fee is not great and I only pay the current month rent in advance at this new place, I will be wanting to either rent a small truck or a pod, buy some new (as in real new) furniture and be able to help son with his initial aprtment deposits and move in costs. Since I do not see myself doing alot of socializing this summer, this should be easy. Groceries, gas, and an expense here and there should be it.
  • Now that thrift shops are re-opening, I have alot of donation items all ready gone through to get out of the house. My next goal is to get everything organized and into containers. This may sound strange, but except for books and kitchen stuff, I'd like everything else "contained" as I think when the time comes it will be easier for whomever has to move it. As opposed to fabric sitting on a shelf, I put it in plastic bins and baskets and so on. Hopefully you understand what I mean here.
  • I would say that I need to transition my diva group, but honestly I don't see anything happening here. Restaurants will open next week with a maxium of six people per party at tables eight feet apart with masks and so on. Neither I nor my co-assistannt meetup person are inclined to host any real group event any time soon, and our Zoom thing has been very low number wise.  Instead, I plan to close down the meetup, knowing that it can re-open later with help from me even from afar.
  • I (and my son) need to do our due diligence and research, in depth. He needs to look at the approximate costs of house sharing, versus an apartment alone, taking in the cost of dog walkers and so on and so forth. I need to research everything from reviewing all the apartment offerings again, to  so many other things.
  • I need to make lists. And maybe assign a notebook specifically to this project. I already have a working list of what I will take with me, what I'm not taking that son will want in his apartment and what neither of us wants and will need to be donated, sold or given away. I also need a list of things that can go in the pod (most things ) and things that we will need to transport in our cars (china and crystal, memorabilita and pictures, jewelry, my clothing). And those two lists are just off the top of my head.
Lord willing and the creek don't rise as they say, I'll be taking a trip to Dallas in July (it seems the safest time right now), to visit DD and SIL and further get the proverbial lay of the land apartment and local scene wise. Meanwhile, I thankfully was not bored before, and now there is no doubt that will have more than enough to keep me busy!!  

Really looking forward to using a pool and spa more than two and a half months a year.

31 comments:

  1. You're going to have a busy summer! But you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it'll keep me busy, but I want to get organized.

      Delete
    2. BEST NATURAL TREATMENT FOR ITCHY SHINGLES earning that you have ITCHY SHINGLES can be one of the most difficult experiences you go through in life. You may feel scared, sad or even angry – this is OK, and a completely natural part of coping with something that can be life changing.
      It will probably take a while for the news to sink in.

      My name is Patrice Davis  and i am from the United States.

      I remember spending so much money buying drugs from hospitals hoping that i will be cured from ITCHY SHINGLES, but all to no avail. I contacted so many  doctors and they prescribe medicine for me which they indeed tried their best but was unable to provide for me a possible cure, luckily i saw a comment about a herbal doctor, (Dr. Idedia) online.

      I then contacted him (Dr. Idedia) through his email, After much chat and enquiry with the doctor, i decide to take a leap of faith because i have nothing to loose.

      To my greatest surprise, Dr. Idedia prepare a medicine and  send me a Herbal Medicine through FEDEX courier Service, and he gave me guidelines on how am to take it. I followed all procedures as instructed, and after 2 weeks of taking it i was free from ITCHY SHINGLES  his medicine is legit and it is real.

      I just want to encourage all individuals out there living with ITCHY SHINGLES , Genital Herpes, HSV1&2, HIV/AIDS/ HPV, COPD, CANCER, Hepatitis b, Lupus, PCOS, Kindney failure, Lung cancer and alot more. That there is still a huge chance that you can get cure only with the help of dr idedia. kindly contact him via email: dr.idediatraditionalhealinghome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349074505296. 

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It'll probably be a zoo round here for awhile.

      Delete
  3. I agree with your sister on needing my yard or access to a yard. However, renting in someone's house may not give her access or control of a yard. It seems being together would be beneficial to both of you. The bathroom can be more storage room...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately living in a house is no longer beneficial to me.

      Delete
  4. You sound happy and excited! This will certainly keep you busy. Hope it all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will. we'll see how smotly the dates go and pray that a breakut doesnt hape in February.

      Delete
  5. This sounds like great news for you and the beginning of a busy summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. Availability and wait list can be a moving target. but I can always sign the lease and then take mytime, or stay with daughter for a month once I am there.

      Delete
  6. You've got some serious list making ahead. I know you've been sorting and making mental notes. Enjoy the process!

    I hope your sister find a place that will suit her too, whether it's with a roommate in your current property or elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do as well. I would live to live with her or near her. But even if renting eith her doing the yard work there are aspects of full house living I am ready to leave behind.

      Delete
  7. That is SO exciting. I know what it is like to make a decision and then have the timeline move.
    You know me- always a suggestion. Currently I am measuring rooms and furniture (and actually setting up rooms for my next house). What do I need? What should be moved to get me started? We moved two full moving trucks here. I am taking 1/2 of one to Idaho. That is a lot of downsizing. Which lamps work? How about tables? What in cookware? Which holiday decorations will I move? Two beds, two easy chairs will move for sure. Too expensive to rebuy. No dining room set will go with us!
    I'm excited to hear about your adventure along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, those kind of lusts. Except I'm not taking an large futniture. My sectional is nearing ten years old and My kid will take it. So I'll need new living room seating and a bed frame for sure.

      Delete
  8. Those apartments look fabulous! Add in the warmer climate, pool etc and this looks like a great decision for you. Busy times this summer but with an exciting goal ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. There are things to be fine. Worst scenario id that I am ready to move and need to wait a m I month or so..

      Delete
  9. How exciting! Especially in these times, it’s great to have something wonderful to look forward to! The apartments and the grounds look perfect!! I am a warm rather gal, living in Arizona suits me, so I am smiling at how nice I personally think it iwll be to get away from snow and cold weather!! Good luck.. I’m sure we’ll get to share your prep through the blog. Exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has joked more than once that irs warm, flat, and cheap in Texas. Perfect for "old people"

      Delete
  10. Yes, to Texas, how exciting! And hopefully, No to inside dining until a treatment or vaccine arrives. Increasingly, data seems to be pointing to being in confined indoor spaces with large groups of people, even socially distanced, as being a big contagion environment.

    Really, so pleased for you on the Texas front. It's so nice to have something to plan and look forward to at this crazy time in life. Look forward to watching you move forward. Though it will feel very full circle once you get there, in that it's where it all began here on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'll be ready for patio dining any time soon (even as I am glad for my restaurant manager son that things are opening). Yes, I left and I shall return.

      Delete
  11. Wow! Things sure are hopping now:) Good Luck with all your preparations. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Sounds exciting to me...just be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will definitely be busy. Just thinking about all you have to do makes me tired!! But it also sounds pretty exciting and the place looks beautiful. I think I'd want to get there ASAP. Good luck with your planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, It's Texas. I want to summer in the high double digits of colorado rather than the triple digits of texas, lol.

      Delete
  14. CONGRATS! The complex looks lovely and a 2 bedroom unit so you have a craft room is ideal! A suggestion for new furniture ... you can get "semi" custom items! I chose taller than normal height (easier to get up and down), very firm (I hate sinking in) and back to my knees to fit me perfectly. You get to pick EVERYTHING, including color and throw pillows. And it didn't take too long at all.

    You are SO thoughtful of everyone. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad for you that the unit will be available sooner rather than later. It looks lovely. I hope things work out equally well for your sister and your son.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those apartments you are moving to look wonderful. Will you be on the ground floor or top floor? The balcony and patio both look very pretty and useful. October and your move will soon be here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My problem with herpes has caused me many traumas, especially in my sexual life. I was so afraid of infecting my Boyfriend, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting dermatologists queries hundreds of times. Unfortunately, they did not find a definitive solution to my problem.The solution came from the least expected place By reading in a forum on the subject, mentioned a method for eliminating herpes. Many people had tried, with excellent and quick results.I had nothing to loose so I decided to use this method to eliminate my herpes. spent 18 days using this method and my herpes completely disappeared. I recommend this method to all whose infected with herpes virus, who want to eliminate the herpes from their body forever contact. Doctor Razor via his Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com , I recommend his herbal herpes healing method. you can visit his website : https://drrazorherbalhome.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome  , Whatsapp or Call Doctor Razor Via +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  18. BEST NATURAL TREATMENT FOR ITCHY SHINGLES earning that you have ITCHY SHINGLES can be one of the most difficult experiences you go through in life. You may feel scared, sad or even angry – this is OK, and a completely natural part of coping with something that can be life changing.
    It will probably take a while for the news to sink in.

    My name is Patrice Davis  and i am from the United States.

    I remember spending so much money buying drugs from hospitals hoping that i will be cured from ITCHY SHINGLES, but all to no avail. I contacted so many  doctors and they prescribe medicine for me which they indeed tried their best but was unable to provide for me a possible cure, luckily i saw a comment about a herbal doctor, (Dr. Idedia) online.

    I then contacted him (Dr. Idedia) through his email, After much chat and enquiry with the doctor, i decide to take a leap of faith because i have nothing to loose.

    To my greatest surprise, Dr. Idedia prepare a medicine and  send me a Herbal Medicine through FEDEX courier Service, and he gave me guidelines on how am to take it. I followed all procedures as instructed, and after 2 weeks of taking it i was free from ITCHY SHINGLES  his medicine is legit and it is real.

    I just want to encourage all individuals out there living with ITCHY SHINGLES , Genital Herpes, HSV1&2, HIV/AIDS/ HPV, COPD, CANCER, Hepatitis b, Lupus, PCOS, Kindney failure, Lung cancer and alot more. That there is still a huge chance that you can get cure only with the help of dr idedia. kindly contact him via email: dr.idediatraditionalhealinghome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349074505296. 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!