Today, I spent some time looking at the March expenditures (as well as rough budgeting out the next couple of months), even though the month has a ways to go. We've about doubled (easily) our groceries expenditures. Fear not, we aren't hoarders as such-although coming from the east coast I am of the "have at least two weeks of everything" mind set.
Our first shopping trip was the first of March just after I got back from Texas (how long ago that seems) and was a two hundred dollar fill in. After that I made a list of everything in the freezer and made a second shopping trip/order (you could still do that at the first of March) and got what I hoped was everything I needed to make meals from the above. At this point our main weekly shopping is fresh produce, eggs, butter, milk, coke and maybe fresh orange juice. I suspect we have plenty of frozen if we cannot get out. Put simply, our fridge and chest freezer is full to the gills. It's not evenly divided, in fact it's heavy on the beef. But at the end of the day, I imagine we have close to twenty meals and maybe twenty five since my sister did some shopping,
The good news is that we will have no grocery spending as such for the forseeable future. the bad news is that my stock up did not include paper products or cleaning wipes.
I hope to either get a meal list, and/or the freezer list up in the next day or so, for all the world to see, judge and make suggestions.
- Went for a twenty five minute outside walk, and sat in the full sun in the back yard with my knitting. I'm going to do this alot in the next few weeks and ignore the sunscreen thing. I need that vitamin D
- Housewise I did a little organization in my bedroom organzation zone and my laundry
- Ironed my little Easter bunny and set everything up so that I can quilt it tomorrow (I finished this guy two days before Easter last year and had no time to use it so this year it is finish it up time). I'm also knitting away as fast as I can.
- Noticed that other than waving at a couple when I was walking I have spoken to no one but sister and son for a couple days, although I have spent sometime online as usual.
- Downloaded the first Ace Atkins Quinn Colson book and intend to dive into it tonight. I watched about fifteen minutes of a new Icelandic cop thriller show on Netflix and haven't decided whether to go all or not.
- Got a notice that my prescription refill is ready. Call me paranoid, I haven't been out of the house except to walk around the block in two weeks. But it has to be done.
- Realized that in spite of my dressing in going out of the house clothes and earrings instead of sweats or whatever, I haven't done my tweezing in a week.
Not that I'm sure that last one matters. All beauty salons are closed. I have a hair cut that requires a razor every three weeks, and toenais that I cannot reach to trim on my own, never mind paint. By the time May comes around, it isn't going to be pretty around, here, let me tell ya!!