Monday, March 23, 2020

Monday, Monday (week 2)



Tonight we are having brown sugar garlic chicken thighs with leftover egg noodles and vegetables and fruit. A quick look at the thighs suggest I should have put more garlic and brown sugar, but what will be will be.

The above meme aside, I am VERY distressed with how congress is screwing around with this current bill and I'm loath to blame just the Republicans. Adding money to bail out the post office and forcing airlines to cut their carbon emissions are both good things, but don't need to be in this package when people are awaiting relief.

My son, of his own volition last night,  said "I just texted my boss because I'm not sure if I should be working any more".  This is a thirty year old with a history of asthma, and pneumonia and who smokes on occasion (high anxiety and depression so I consider it a lost cause at this very moment).  I said, well, yes, I wish you would think about it but it's up to you. While he personally is not coming into contact with customers in any way, there are three resturant managers (wait staff is gone), cooking up a storm and pouring beer and wine into mason jars and such in a small environment.  Of course the other side of the coin is high anxiety and depression and being at home with nothing much to do for a month. I think he will probably quit when the corporte office visits his location on Thursday or Friday.

Oh, and yes you read that right. Colorado's governor closed down seated dining in restaurants but is allowing restaurants to do drive up and delivery. And that includes beer, wine, and booze. Hence the mason jar. Pot shops can do curbside as well.  We have our priorities, we do.





I did hear back from some of my women after my group wide message, one gal who contacted me today sounded very depressed-she is usually teaching music and does various music gigs and is fairly social, plus she has lost all that retirement income indefinitely.

As for today:

  • I did go outside three times, even though the weather was cloudy, to work on my vitamin D (I've also started taking calcuim/D tablets to up my D levels (which are already pretty good since I drink alot of milk and live close to the sun)
  • I walked for thirty minutes and did my standing leg exercises (I have a strength routine with and without weights for arms and legs and since about half of each is sitting and standing I divide them up)
  • As for my house, good old Fly Lady says this is the week to deep clean and organize the master bath, bedroom and closet. So today I moved and/or hung all the blouses and tops in the front of the closet and moved all the sweaters in the back.  Hello Spring! Now I can see what I want/need to add.  The need is not very much, except for spring weight cardigans and kimonos. The want is to eventually (on sale or used only) have both of these color schemes in my closet since I am doing a year around capsule goal. Besides in my world, all of those colors can mix and match.


  • Who says you can't wear green and pink&green
  • As for the fun stuff, my yarn skein got totally turned ito a huge knot pile because I did not ball it first (knitters will understand), leaving me to walk away and start over on the second ball. I knit fast so I should still be done with the bottom half by the time Amazon brings me my knitting needles. I also have started an online Texas list of needs and wants so that I can budget (not taking a truck, multiple car trips and a storage unit).  See Above on the tabs.
  • My only communication today was to extend myself and read all of the blogs I have not visited today, and to chat with church members online at Facebook before the streaming came on.
Tonight after dinner I think I will knit and check out the new "Spenser" move on Netflix perhaps.



10 comments:

  1. None of us in Michigan will need a spring wardrobe. Our governor yesterday closed all but the "essential businesses" and we are under an order to stay home for the next three weeks. We can go to the store once a week and only one person from each household or go out for a medical need. Our restaurants have been closed for two weeks except for pick up. I'm just glad I got a haircut hours before this was announced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey out have been closed for a week. I can't reach my own feet and that haircut is done every three weeks with a razot. Most of those clothes will go into srptember. I do try and dress beyond sweats and jeans even though I'm at home.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. My daughter sends me this stuff Lord love her.

      Delete
  3. I like the colors in your closet, lots of blues. I think our President is doing a great job of leading us; we have different opinions on that, I see. I have been home alone for two weeks and now California has us on lock down. My sons have been bringing me groceries and we chat outside on the patio when they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, the president started at the beginning of March that it was a democratic conspiracy. Then he said on 16 that the worst was over. Then he said there were enough tests for everyone, and now he says well be okay in 15 days.None of those things has ever been true. Never have been and anyone in the SEC website can see it. He has lied. He knew the virus was coming and did nothing and instead personally disbanded the organization that handled pandemics. He's risked all our lives. it's your governor and mine who are the leaders.

      Delete
  4. I love your color palette.
    I am getting up, showering and getting dressed like I am going somewhere casual just because it makes me feel better.
    Bars, restaurants and pretty much everything that is not essential is closed here. And I am getting a little stir crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I feel like I can only do sweats for so long even if I can't get my hair cut or a pedicure for a month

      Delete
  5. Just found your blog recently and I'm enjoying it. Thanks for doing daily posts; helps me fill my time. Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb.
    I been reading your posts for years. I, too, have not been a fan of our president;but in these times, I have eased up because I believe he is doing his best and he does want all of us to get through this with as few lives lost as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!