Friday, December 6, 2019

A Little Friday This and That..

One of the advantages (depending on your view, I suppose) of being the daughter of people who liked all kinds of music, having your kids listen to the varied music you liked, and then having kids with wide music interests is that you listen to (and mainly like) all kinds of music.

Granted, if I'm driving cross country, I'm listening to classical music or classic rock with some occasional Jazz thrown in. But I have one kid who loves classic rock, alternative rock and country, and one kid who loves all rock and musical hits (sit down, you're rocking the boat). And I encouraged them to play their music around me, as opposed to only in their rooms growing up. So, while once in awhile the tenth replay of "Californication" may drive me crazy, in general I'm about the music. All the music, not just what I listened to as a teen. And while I can't sing for shit, I can tell the difference between Brook Benton and Nat King Cole at five hundred paces when the music's on low.

So with the exception of a few extremely violent songs, I'm not of the "I can't stand this generation's music" school of thought. And as someone who loves and adores the Rolling Stones, among other groups, if you find "Baby It's Cold Outside" to be offensive you better be giving up all that rock and country music you've been listening to.

In other news, I've started working on my 2020 goals and bucket list. While said list is not really huge, it has just recently gotten more complicated than I expected. I'll share the list next week.  I've tentatively assigned each month a name or designation, with January being "Jump Start January" so that I can make a maser plan and some lists (for some travel,  some creativity, healthy issues, slowing down,  moving again, and everything else I want to accomplish this year) in one big notebook.

Because (did you read that list in parentheses above?), sometime this year I am-you guessed it- moving back to Texas. Which complicates things in the short term (increased savings need, some downsizing, logistical issues, and more) but not in the long term. I promise a full post on this next week sometime. The short version is that it's time to live near a kid and since the one who has been living with me is a late bloomer and doesn't know where he will end up and the other one is married now (so fun to say that) and looking to get a house with a mother in law suite eventually, I will be heading back to a rental apartment down south for awhile. As I said, more in depth next week. Deep depth.

I also have decided to resume sewing and selling which also may be deserving of it's own post-mainly because I've been sewing more than I can gift or use?

On the Christmas front I've got everything done except for finishing the village and some ornaments. Like I said before, I guess I downsized more than I thought because other than ornaments they were gifted as kids, I really have nothing to get rid off-and may even buy a new church for my village. I'm committed to keeping the lost or hand made except for some needs for my kids, so there's gonna be alot of crafting while watching TV this week and the yarn will be going with me in the car to Texas!

This afternoon I'm off to coffee with some friends, then I'm going to nest here in the house for a couple days until church on Sunday-and then nest again before a holiday light tour and heading to the south.

By the way, if you haven't seen Knives Out, it is fantastic. Fantastic, I say. 

I'm going to try and start a Sunday afternoon post into the mix, so see you then.

30 comments:

  1. I want to see "Knives Out" so much! Maybe closer to Christmas I'll have time to go.

    Moving back to Texas? Yowsa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. I'm sure you'll like Knives Out

      Delete
  2. I think the Texas move is going to be good. I love that you had a soft place to land with your siblings while you got your youngest on his feet, but the warmth of winter is calling you. Looking forward to reading about the adventure.
    A true military person- home is where you hang your hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be an adjustment and I may have to create my own social life again, but I am ready.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I do hope that you manage to get everything done and the move back to Texas goes smoothly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking September so I have plenty of time. I may leave and sell all the furniture and get a storage unit and make car trips.

      Delete
  4. I, too, am thumbing my nose at people who want to make an issue out of 'Baby It's Cold Outside.' You just can't judge most things in the past buy today's standards.

    Can't wait to follow your blog in 2020 with all the changes you've got lined up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can judge many things, however, I simply dont get the fuss about this song. It's a guy trying to get a gal to stay over. What's the big deal? She could've said no if she cared to!

      Tamara

      Delete
  5. That song was no worse that 95% of the songs on the radio in the last century. Have you ever listened to the words to Mungo Jerry's "Summertime"? Is the son going with you to Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is meant for evolving. I'm thinking ahead as well to potential changes, not by choice, that might be coming in 2020. We have to all be willing to adjust and start the new don't we? Good uck with your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, can't wait to see month by month goals and areas of focus. I can use some help in my 2020 plans. Seems like the start of a new decade (and just a bit into my "new" decade of life) should result in shaking things up a bit. I agree, Knives Out was fun, smart, terrific cast and acting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness... your post was full of plans and more plans. You are going to be one hard girl to keep up with!! Can't wait to hear all about it all, especially the move.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, you're really making plans aren't you? I'm looking to reading more about it.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The remake of Baby It's Cold Outside is good, however, it didn't need the change. I never in a million years thought the song meant a date rape drug. Clearly I am not their demo. :) We were planning Knives Out this weekend. So glad to hear it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. My. Goodness!!! Living near a daughter is great ... they are much more nurturing, in my opinion. I wish I had a MIL suite ... love to have my own bathroom! My oldest brother has a HUGE parent apartment ... which is used as the Sewing area for my sister in law. All the parents are gone and none ever moved in.

    I am so looking forward to your blogs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wont have one right away. That's a year or so down the road. But im.happy out of a house and into an apartment for now.

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How does the saying go? You can take the person out of Texas, but you can take the Texas . . . Well, whatever. It sounds like a good move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think.it will be. There will be logistics and adjustments for sis and son if they stay here obviously.

      Delete
  14. Wow! Moving back to Texas caught me by surprise:) I can't wait to hear more on your plans for that. Will your sister move out of the house at that time too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. I'll be having a sit down with both she and my son when I get back. I'd like it if she came. In the words of my daughter who does OT with seniors "Texas is great for old people".

      Delete
  15. I'm happy to hear that there might be more frequent posts in 2020! �� I'm sure it's actually a lot of work, though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You sound happy and excited about being closer to your daughter, Barb, so pleased for you. We would love go live closer to our grands, but we simply don't care for the area where they now live (Metro DC) in comparison to where we live (coastal S. California). There is talk, ironically, about them moving to Denver once my SIL reaches his 20 year military mark in a few years. Our thoughts, if that did occur, would be to split our time between there and here. We love Colorado in general!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS, this is Tamara- not sure why blogger didn't let me sign my name!

      Delete
  17. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete
  19. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for his great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And i Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have The Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Greatest thanks to Dr Oyagu for his herbal drugs that he prepared for me and when i start using it in just 2weeks i was completely cured and that ended my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE i am so happy and grateful to Dr Oyagu . after reading about him on a testimony of Jason Cash on a blogger. i knew suddenly Dr Oyagu was the right Doctor to cure my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE. i discuss with Dr Oyagu and he prepared a herbal medicine for me and when it got sent to me in south korean . i used the herbal medicine and 2weeks and i went to check up again. after 15years of suffering from HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 at last i am smiling once again. Dr Oyagu also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Oyagu and be free from your suffering. contact his WhatsApp line: +2348101755322 or his Email:Oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!