Friday, August 2, 2019

Friday Ramblings

My poor dog jumped off my bed yesterday evening and sprained his leg. He was sitting on his blanket on the bed while I was getting some things done, and when I left I called him to follow me. He does this all the time but he must have landed wrong because there was a horribly painful yelp and he's been limping since. He begged to for a walk but got about five minutes out and asked to turn around. Poor baby!


I just returned from King Soopers (Kroger to the masses) after picking  up my click list order. Unfortunately I forgot a couple things and they wouldn't let me order ready made fajita mix from the meat/deli section so I did have to run in and get a couple things first. Even so, the time savings as well as the impulse buy savings is huge! Every time I don't do this, I wonder why.

After KS, I ran to Joanne's ...........and bough nothing. A frugal move I suppose except for I truly need fabrics and pretty threads for an art quilts/landscape quilts I'm working on  like the one shown. I just couldn't decide what to get, so I am sketching out my plans and filling them with pencil so when I get to the store and go online I have at least a rough idea of what I need. 
Just for inspiration-I plan to make a beach scene for my first try with shells and such.


This is the time of year when I usually begin my intensive annual sew and sell mini extravaganza-or should I say sew or knit and sell. In addition to gifts and contributions for my church annual bazaar sale, I usually do some intensive sewing and then prepare to sell as we get closer to the holidays. Most of it is team related stuff, but some of it is also holiday related stuff-Christmas napkins and table runners, Denver Bronco throws and quilts, scarves and such in the local high school colors. No question that I make money on the  deal, and it is not hard work Just trying to check my motivation here, if you get my drift. I have a one week volunteer gig in September that is mainly me supervising and sitting, so I definitely have some down time to do the knitting part. Whether I have the inspiration is another issue.

I did order both a second bathing suit and pool shoes from Amazon today-my way of acknowledging that any major exercise in the future will be in the pool or on the reclined cross trainer. I'll save my proverbial walking shoes for leisurely nature walks, beginning golf lessons or casual sightseeing at my own speed from now on.

As often happens after one lives in a place and leaves, I realize how much I have yet to see of the Dallas/Fort Worth (and other Texas) areas. Nothing new really. I did pretty well in my 20 years in DC other than not seeing the White House. While I'm in Dallas for the two weeks before my daughter's wedding, I plan to play tourist. To take a hop on hop off bus in both places. To go see the Amon Carter museum of art. And to take my son to this restaurant. Just for starters.

This weekend I begged of my church women's lunch. I'm going to sew, knit, read, enjoy my Weight Watcher' fudge ice cream and fruit with whipped cream, kick up my feet and spend lots of quality time in the house and on the pergola with said injured dog.



9 comments:

  1. Poor pooch! Your plans sound great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea. I think its the shoulder area, bless his heart.

      Delete
  2. Poor doggie. I bought stairs so my dog can easily climb up and climb off of my bed since he is a small dog. You have some nice craft projects ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wilson is a big dog and he jumps up and down all the time. I didnt see any clothing or smal item on the floor so I think he just landed wrong, ya know!

      Delete
  3. My dog hurt himself jumping off the bed, too, and now he doesn't like getting up there anymore. Hope a little rest helps your fur baby.

    I love your fabric art project. I haven't done a fabric scene yet but I'm thinking of trying one once I get settled in my new place...will save fabric for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, wilson's big and he loves the bed. He's on there sleeping now. But it may be a few days before he's back to normal. He didnt even cry when the other dog got a walk. I'm looking forward, Im going right now with the "chose a sky large piece and then applique sand and sea and stuff afterwards" technique. I intend to go to the thrit shop for crafters in the morning by the way.

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of an art quilt.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your pup has a speedy recovery. Took my pups for a walk this AM before the summer showers start up. It was reasonably cool for August and we were able to stroll for about a mile.

    My mom sewed out of necessity, and I stubbornly declined to learn. My loss. Can't wait to hear of your golf lessons, they sound like fun.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Havent decide for sure if I'm going to do the golf thing but it sounds like it might work for exercise in my current state. I never learned to sew when I was young because my mother was SUCH a good sewer (made my prom dress) and not a great teacher, but I took it up late in life. No clothing though.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!