Friday, March 22, 2019

So.........She Said Hesitantly...

So, it's been a week or two (or maybe three!) since I wrote this last post. I'm still here. The blog is still here. 

On the one hand, I haven't felt the burning need to run to my computer or tablet and write a post. On the other hand. I have been making a short but constantly growing list of blog post ideas in my notebooks of notebooks.

I've also spent some time (still spending some time, truthfully) looking at future options and choices. Including a mini snowbird thing, some more vacation travel, life long learning health issues and a whole PILE of other stuff. Including a new budget.

All of course, against the background of my frugal finances (which are much looser these days, praise the lord), changing health issues and the rest of life in general.

Which leads me a decision to .....slowly.....return to blogging. There will be some differences. There will be fewer generalized "what I did today posts" (although there will still be plenty,  am sure). There will be more frugal posts (with specifics on my budget). there will be more vacation planning and weekend trip posts. There will be many more posts on crafts and creativity and life long learning (although I know there is that group of readers for whom that is not their thing). There will be more posts on health and aging. More posts on Denver and Colorado and things going on here. In fact I am considering leaving the URL the same and changing the title to something that implies a Colorado retirement, but we'll wait and see on that one. And, as I hinted at in previous thoughts on what to write about, there will be what some will see as political posts and that I see as discussions on human rights (including immigration, the refugee issue and senior poverty). There will also be more posts on senior retirement, women in retirement, and yes, posts about widowhood.

Finally, I'm going to be making some changes visually. Changes that include some moderate revamping, removing and adding some blogs on the sidebar and more.

It's going to take me awhile, and in the beginning at least there may be no regular schedule when it comes to blogging. 

At least for now.

20 comments:

  1. I am so happy ypu are gong tp continue. I love your blog and relate to a lot of what you write

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my blog has gone through many changes over the years. I've lost old readers and picked up new ones. Sometimes there are a lot of readers and other times not. Some years I've posted a lot and other years not. Blogging is like that I think. Some people drop out of blog land but others keep on going. There will always be something to write about or something you want to share. Don't worry too much about whether some readers like it or don't. They will usually always come back and read something if they are still in blog land. All the best as you navigate your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back and posting. I have been thinking that it might be time to change up my blog as well. It is kind of a mish mash of ideas.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, Whatever you write is interesting to me, I'm just glad you continue to write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was glad to see you pop up on my sidebar this morning. People all have various interests in life. I like blogs that show all sided of a person and that looks like what you're aiming for. No matter what you write about count me as a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you're going to keep blogging. The suggested topics etc sound interesting to me and as I've just taken early retirement and am getting into crafting I'm looking forward to those. Above all its your blog- write what you want as often as you want and I'm sure the readers will follow you. Thanks for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news! Looking forward to all of your new blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you will still be around! Sometimes changing things up can be refreshing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go with whatever inspires you. Readers often follow the person rather than the topic - it is not such a big jump to do that. Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Food, crafting, retirement ideas, financial suggestions and being a single femal are all things that I am interested in!!!!!!! Newly early retired with mobility issues so we have quite a bit in common. Can’t wait to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think eclectic blogs are the most interesting! And thanks for popping by mine today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woo hoo! Great news to start Monday, I was so sad when you said you were going to stop blogging. Love your ideas! I am nearing retirement and trying to become more frugal so your topics are perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, so happy that you will still be blogging. A blog from a retired, frugal woman that shows your style, verve and humor is a rarity these days. Please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your blog. Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoy reading your blog and look forward to some changes. Blogging is a bit like life, there are ups and downs, new friends come and changes happen. It's always good to change things and to keep life and blogging interesting. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!