Monday, January 28, 2019

Makin' it Monday

If you're a Facebook follower, you already know how I spent my Friday, the day after our little snow. First off, I traded cars with my son. I purchased my car in Texas and while I am living proof that you no NOT need four wheel drive for control in bad weather as such, the friend I was visiting has a VERY steep driveway that at nine am was still icy. So I decided discretion was the better part of valor.

After I made that trade off, I drove down the road to meet with some knitting friends and have a jewelry class. I also had hot chocolate, cinnamon rolls and fruit. People, let me tell you. That small collection of beads I have that I've shared here before? Nothing, nothing, compared to this gal's collection. She has her beads in bags and sorted by style and color and I'm not sure what. Thankfully, though, she was willing to show me how to make the nice loop that appears at the top of a pair of earrings. Actually I learned two methods. I now have three new pairs of earrings. And at least one may not be a perfect match (one a teeny bit longer than the other). But if that bothers you, or if you even notice it...........you probably were way to close or have way too much time on your hands! I now feel more confident that when my daughter returns with my tools and stash I will be able to create. Next time this group gets together........necklaces!  


These came out the best but took me much more practice!

Not a perfect match because one wire is longer....but who will really notice?

Just because the day is coming and I didn't have anything red or Valentine-ish!

I also managed to make a serious dent in this frighteningly easy shawl (I chose it because of the rounded rather than pointed back), and finally decided on a border for that good old classic vintage quilt of mine. It should be off to the professional quilter to be finished sooner than later.  


My yarn choice!

This quilt sat forever because while I knew my sister in law would like the pale green wide border that was on it, it was wayyyy to plain for me, vintage or not. I now have the gray-green as the inside and something much brighter on the edge. It'll have bright red along the edging.

So I finished a project, learned a new thing,  and continued work on a project that should be finished next week, with no expense (at least out of pocket)! A good week overall.

As for today, well, today is one of those "at home all day" things. I'm gonna try out baked potato and ham soup, try and get a couple bags to go out of the house, read, and maybe knit a little bit. Do some yoga perhaps. And try to find a new show this evening perhaps, now that I've finished Black Earth Rising which I absolutely love!! Bottom line, a nestling in day with no money spent, which I always love.  



  My challenge goal/use materials I always have/learn something new challenge for this week is to download the  paint by number picture above as found on the blog A Beautiful Mess, and transfer it to a small canvass, so that next week I can actually open those acrylic paints I've never used. In different colors, though! For sure!


And for a bit of humor this week, I've been following the "vote for your favorite Geico commercial" spots. While this may not be the favorite..........

12 comments:

  1. I love those pink earrings. I can't wear the wires anymore but I'm envious that you can.

    Like how the quilt turned out. Any idea what you're going to use on the back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a very simple green and white pattern for the back and then will either use bright red or yellow for the binding. Wires are almost all that I wear although I do have a very few studs.

      Delete
  2. I love your shawl. Could you please share the name of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, it's called the Herb Garden Shawl and you can find it free on Ravelry-its actually boring to knit because it's just a yarn over at the beginning of the row and then garter, garter, garter, but I was looking for one for warmth and I really like it

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I do to. I also reallyt love the little piggy so if I actually voted I dont know wwhat would be my favorite!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, those earrings are lovely. You did an excellent job of them.

    Like the quilt as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the earrings. I lose them frequently though, so have so few pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love those earrings. Were they hard to make?? I'd like to try something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were not hard as such. The difficult part was learning how to roll the metal around to make the loop after you stack the bead and make them look nice. I finally got the hang of it.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!