Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day.....

To all mothers, would be mothers, acting mothers, and those who have mothers! Did I miss anyone?

Today has been a calm and relaxing day. I've enjoyed my alone time while everyone else has been off to the retail and restaurant wars. I went to church and to coffee hour, and then I grabbed that pound of shrimp and some miniature goodies. I also picked up a mini quiche to try.  
Someone gave me this lovely polish pottery wine glass. I don't do wine post menopause but it's too pretty not to use, so.....water.

My lovely children got me flowers, a red lobster gift card for lunch out, and Clark's sandals, my favorite. We'll do family dinner another time and meanwhile I've spent the day relaxing, watching a little TV and reading curled up next to some puppies! 

The perfect Sunday.

7 comments:

  1. My mom and I both spent a decade working in a retail flower ship and know what you mean about working on holidays and celebrating at another time. Best way to do it instead of putting unrealistic expectations on everyone.

    Love your mini treats in the photo! I wish I had some right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you as well Barb.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wine glass is especially pretty, and I am known to put water and/or beer in wine glasses. Your day sounds lovely, as mine was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always treat myself to something when alone. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely day. I googled Clark sandals and am wondering what style you get. The Cloudstepper appeals to me just because of the name.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably get those as well, in the beige. These are brown leather and flat I'll share a photo later today.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!